What's new

Roti and Bodybuilding

Punjabbi Munda

Reaction score
This is to ask any gym goers/bodybuilders in here.
Roti/Parantha is the most common thing in India,Pakistan anyone knows If it's good for bodybuilding?
I looked up online,some said it had great carbs and 1 57g roti has 4-8g protein and healthy fats!
But does it fit?I have used it in limited quantity since I can't get away from it at all.
Views,Experiences appreciated!:D

Roti/Parantha is the most common thing in India,Pakistan anyone knows If it's good for bodybuilding?
I looked up online,some said it had great carbs and 1 57g roti has 4-8g protein and healthy fats!
But does it fit?I have used it in limited quantity since I can't get away from it at all.

Whole-Wheat Flour is very Healthy so if you are eating roti/chapati or paratha [good cooking oil] made of Whole-Wheat Flour it will help you better digestion etc etc.

Mate I have been training for 3 years,but never could crack the roti myth.I have had it in limited amounts.
So wanted to ask people who have munched on it and still grown.

Bro it is better to just stay away and try whole wheats instead. It is good carbs but too much will mess with your training as well. Especially since our roti is usually used to eat our desi foods with their over indulgence of oils.

After working out, go for simple carbs like rice or polished wheat based rotis as your muscles are deprived of glycogen and providing a simple carbs/glucose will reload the glycogen in your muscles and start the healing process(you need to take some proteins as well in your food). Otherwise stick to Rotis as the complex carbs regulates the insulin levels - high insulin levels will cause fat deposits and cause you to bulk. In short, simple or complex carbs does not make a difference with weight training - the difference is between a six pack with muscles or bulky guy with muscles.

3 years? So this thread is more to mythbust the roti?

Roti is used more as a 'stomach filler' so you'll eat less of the salan. :D

Most trainers recommend eating 1-1.5 proteins per pound of body weight.

It took me years to gain weight from just roti/ paratha. Your better off eating fruits & eggs and drinking milk.

btw bodybuilding only makes you 'look tough', put in some boxing so atleast your muscles will be used to getting beatup by things other than weights.

Drink fat free milk 2 glasses a day, whole milk has too much fat and you don't need the fat you just need the other stuff which is in the fat free as well.

Thəorətic Muslim;4200893 said:

It took me years to gain weight from just roti/ paratha. Your better off eating fruits & eggs and drinking milk.

True - 1-1.5 gms of protein per pound of the body weight - the best way is get one or two scoops of whey protein in a day so it would make up around 50 gms and won't be heavy on stomach. The rest can be lean chicken meat or once in a while goat/beef.

2 times Olympic medalist Sushil Kumar is a Vegetarian :cheesy: :cheesy:

Be strong like Sushil Kumar, turn a veggie

Olympian Sushil Kumar Says, Go Vegetarian | PETAIndia.com

Sify News - ANI More Videos

pehelwans%202.jpg

special71861.jpg

images

And this is what he eats :P

18656587.cms

You can mix some of the soyabean flour into the wheat to make roties as soyabean is a very good source if protein. Its my personal diet :P

btw bodybuilding only makes you 'look tough', put in some boxing so atleast your muscles will be used to getting beatup by things other than weights.
I m not only into bodybuilding alone..I do strength training along with bodybuilding.Bodyweight training,Benching,Squats and deadlifts have their place..and what do you think about boxing?You seem experienced..I am only 19 years old,not too late to start?

And i of course eat eggs n meat..roti is not for nutrients to me.I grew up eating aloo k paranthey and rotis all day,so i hve to munch on them every now n then

@Punjabbi Munda - if you are only 19 years old don't try making adjustments to your diet - unless you want six packs but do not aim for six packs as the dieting it needs can reduce your testosterone levels - low fat food will contribute to lowering of testosterone.

As for strength training try kick boxing along with weight training or Plyometrics to improve power and speed. - Look up Plyometrics training at

Bodybuilding.com - Huge Online Supplement Store & Fitness Community!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom