What's new

Royal Saudi Navy would be interested to procure 6 FREMM Frigates from France

MashaAllah
I think Saudi E Arabia need to improve their missile technology and should import blastic missile

It'll be awesome to see theses ships in the beautiful middle east. :D

manoeuvre_FREMM_Aquitaine_28_avril_2011003-.jpg

manoeuvre_fremm_aquitaine_28_avril_2011037.jpg

Aquitaine5.jpg

Looking ggreat. This is a good/Sophisticated Frigate. However, will be good for the Saudis to invest in their own scientific,educational, technological sectors from bottom to top(they have the money), so in future they can build one themselves locally. Since the country relies too much on foreign hardware(they barely produce anything apart from oil). Think the Saudis can learn from Turkey(and even Iran) experience in this field.
overall, the fremm frigates are quite powerful/world class. They will be a good addition to Saudi Arabia Navy's:cheers:

It'll be awesome to see theses ships in the beautiful middle east. :D

manoeuvre_FREMM_Aquitaine_28_avril_2011003-.jpg

manoeuvre_fremm_aquitaine_28_avril_2011037.jpg

Aquitaine5.jpg

Gabriel tu est Francais?:-)

That isn't what your mother said:
http://www.madeinsaudiarabia.net/project/index.php?page=main
Looking ggreat. This is a good/Sophisticated Frigate. However, will be good for the Saudis to invest in their own scientific,educational, technological sectors from bottom to top(they have the money), so in future they can build one themselves locally. Since the country relies too much on foreign hardware(they barely produce anything apart from oil). Think the Saudis can learn from Turkey(and even Iran) experience in this field.
overall, the fremm frigates are quite powerful/world class. They will be a good addition to Saudi Arabia Navy's:cheers:

Gabriel tu est Francais?:-)

What do you seriously expect from a false-flagger and ignorant? Our people were ruling half of the world when nobody had heard about his little island. Don't blame him. He thinks that because the Western world has dominated the world for the past 500 years (something the Arab world did for thousands of years) he is something special.

A Saudi Arabian in a Ferrari must have driven over his foot a few years back somewhere in London and since then his massive pain in the *** has evolved into an obsession. Or some Arab from the GCC stole his girlfriend. Or worse bought her.:lol:

What do you seriously expect from a false-flagger and ignorant? Our people were ruling half of the world when nobody had heard about his little island. Don't blame him. He thinks that because the Western world has dominated the world for the past 500 years (something the Arab world did for thousands of years) he is something special.

A Saudi Arabian in a Ferrari must have driven over his foot a few years back somewhere in London and since then his massive pain in the *** has evolved into an obsession. Or some Arab from the GCC stole his girlfriend. Or worse bought her.:lol:

LOOL why would i have a beef with Saudi Arabia, im just making a point, which you might not like, but many people do think like i do. Saudi Arabia relies too much on oil, it should be investing more in other more productive sectors in its economy like i mentioned earlier. In fact even my Japanese friend Nihonji said the same thing like i did on a similar thread, so those it means he he is also an ignorant/false flagger? or that a corrupt Saudi Arabian official/monarch in a ferrari drove over his foot as well?lool You people find it hard to take constructive criticisms about your country, and resort to name calling.
As i said earlier, Saudi Arabia is still way below its true potential even relative to other countries in the neighbourhood like Turkey or Iran. Those Saudi Arabia despite all the money have an Automobile industry like Turkey and Iran do? this is just one small example of how your leaders dont plan things properly. Same in defence sector, in fact even Pakistan with no oil and in turmoil has a more robust/developed defence industry than Saudi Arabia(i heard pakistani troops train your military and evn export some arms to you). Oil will one day run out/be obsolete bro. So you have to think of ways to live beyond oil in future, starting from now.

LOOL why would i have a beef with Saudi Arabia, im just making a point, which you might not like, but many people do think like i do. Saudi Arabia relies too much on oil, it should be investing more in other more productive sectors in its economy like i mentioned earlier. In fact even my Japanese friend Nihinji said the same thing like i did on a similar thread, so those it means he he is also an ignorant/false flagger? or that a corrupt Saudi Arabian official/monarch in a ferrari drove over his foot as well?lool You people find it hard to take constructive criticisms about your country, and resort to name calling.
As i said earlier, Saudi Arabia is still way below its true potential even relative to other countries in the neighbourhood like Turkey or Iran. Those Saudi Arabia despite all the money have an Automobile industry like Turkey and Iran do? this is just one small example of how your leaders dont plan things properly. Same in defence sector, in fact even Pakistan with no oil and in turmoil has a more robust/developed defence industry than Saudi Arabia(i heard pakistani troops train your military and evn export some arms to you). Oil will one day run out/be obsolete bro. So you have to think of ways to live beyond oil in future, starting from now.

Did not read your bullshit and quit writing to me. I have seen enough of your posts to know what your agenda is and what your allegiances are. People are not blind.

You know nothing about KSA's economy either or anything about KSA. Explaining it to you will be a waste of time.

Nor should you worry about KSA. We are doing fine and will only get better on all fronts. So get used to KSA being a G-20 major economy member state in the future too.

Aside from that then keep living in the 1980's and 1990's.

@Yzd Khalifa

Do you guys have cruise missiles for the Navy?
No.

French version of FREMM can carry naval SCALP with some 1000 km range, but I doubt it will be allowed for export due to MTCR. Unless they cut its range to 300 km.

Interesting number. Either KSA will replace the whole frigates with FREMM or it will lead to a waste of money.

Option 1 seems weird as we are talking about heavily upgraded La Fayette class multipurpose frigate variants. So not.

FREMM is a 140m long 6,000t weight frigate. Due to her armaments, she's an AWW focused ship with significant land-attack capabilities..Will it help the Kingdom?

Well, Saudi coastlines are limited with Red Sea and Persian Gulf. Note that these two waters are narrow. The Saudi La Fayette is at least a thousand tons heavier than her original base model with expanded AAW capabilities. Unlike the French LaFayette, the Saudi variant is a guided missile frigate.
Such monster size ships are designed for the Arabian sea quite obviously.

Last edited:
French version of FREMM can carry naval SCALP with some 1000 km range, but I doubt it will be allowed for export due to MTCR. Unless they cut its range to 300 km.

It depends on the missile's warhead as well. If its weight is less than 500 kg, the range doesn't matter. That's why Greece was able to buy the original SCALP EG after all.

They either need to cut its range for the export versions or just use the same warhead that the air-launched version has.

I don't know which warhead will be used but I do know the difference in weight between the two versions. The first one weights a total of 1,230 kg and the second one a total of 1,400 kg. Now one of the main differences of these two versions are the starting speeds of the missiles. If you fire this missile from a Mirage 2000 it can easily have a starting speed very close to its top speed of 0.8 mach. Thus, its small turbojet will easily take care of the flight without the need of much extra power. On the case of the ship-launched version though, the missile's starting speed is essentially 0. So the missile can't rely on its small engine for the whole flight, especially since its range is doubled compared to the other version. The booster that is added to make up for the starting speed and for the extra range can easily explain the added weight leaving no space for a different warhead.

Which is basically why I think that the MTCR can't stop France from exporting the naval SCALP.

No.

I honestly aren't familiar with Naval systems or what 'SCALP' means. Although I understood your point. So is it possible to fit indigenous cruise missiles into these ships?

Or if they purchase cruise missiles from a separate nation and fit them on these? Is it workable?

No.

SAUDI_AF.jpg

Or the Mediterranean,

Back
Top Bottom