What's new

Russia experts suggest to sell MiG-35 to Pakistan

I am sure you dnt want to compare specs of both the plane

With Israeli radar and Composite material i dnt think any thing else left for you

Yet still have almost exactly the same performance. In every single category.

BTW Israeli radar isn't magical or anything.

It has a max range of 150Km. This does not take into account into what the RCS of the enemy plane is.

The KLJ 7 lists its target at 105 Km with 5 m RCS. However many targets are larger than this such as the MKI, or AWAC, and further engaged.

American ground staff controlling their new F16s on Pakistani airbase I dnt think they can level them as their main fighter

Once again no idea what you are talking about. They can use them against India all they like.

They found that your engine quality is not good that why they dnt want to use your engine

The type 99 uses a 1,500 HP engine, and the al khalid a 1,200 HP engine. Once again different sized tanks need different sized engines. This is like arguing with a preschooler.

LCA MK1 is not as per our requirement that why we dnt want to induct it in our Airforce

Same as you dnt want to induct JF17 :lol:

Nah. We just have more money than you guys.

ok , let me put it straight :
if PAF has a choice of buying MIG-35 or J-20 offered at the same cost....which one will be picked ......isn't it J-20 !

J20, becuase its stealth, batter avionics and radar. and ofcourse its 5th generation

If you also meet a condition that Russians don't hesitate providing us with Spare parts in trying times then LOL to J-20...we will buy MiG-35. We don't know a thing about J-20; nor China school of aviation is mature enough to beat MiG design bureau so it will be a delusion to go for J-20

36 Mig 35 would be great for Pakistan's national Defence ... why not ... it would be good move to boost Russia and Pakistan ties and lets DUMP USA

36 Mig 35 would be great for Pakistan's national Defence ... why not ... it would be good move to boost Russia and Pakistan ties and lets DUMP USA

Is there really any possibility of Russia selling Mig 35s to Pakistan or is it just a fantasy? I find it very hard to beieve!

AZADPAKISTAN, Pakistan is feeling the heat now, had that money been spent on Just upgrading current F-16s and rest on purchasing Rafales, PAF could have paid back for indians buying mirage 2000 when our Air Force for some strange reasons dump Mirages infavor of F-7s.

AZADPAKISTAN, Pakistan is feeling the heat now, had that money been spent on Just upgrading current F-16s and rest on purchasing Rafales, PAF could have paid back for indians buying mirage 2000 when our Air Force for some strange reasons dump Mirages infavor of F-7s.
IMHO there are host of reasons for this
1- While French have been willing to transact if shown bucks, they have rarely shown balls to stand against the pressure from US. Even if PAF would have gone for M2K who would gaurantee the deal going through or spares amid increasing pressure from US.
2- Grippen, Sweeds would have provided us with their bird but the problem was the US content in Grippen.
3- Russian products, I can still recall the comments of an IAF officer about PAF evaluating SU-27, "Let them buy these, we will service them in Russia". I am sure that if there would have been a deal, there would have been some mechanisim to adress this but still there was a risk which could not be ruled out.
4- The only thing left was China, and even at that time they offered PAF something much better than what they had at that time, F-7PGs.
While 20 Rafales would do seem like a good option but few are not always enough. Its too risky, even if kept dispursed, the risk would have been reduced, but so would have been the effectiveness at increased cost. The problem is that poeple are very impatient. It does take some time to get a hold of things.

Is there really any possibility of Russia selling Mig 35s to Pakistan or is it just a fantasy? I find it very hard to beieve!

Russians are smart to know what in the long run will benefit them. Anyone with some knowledge of defence procurement will know the position India is in today. To rub India the wrong way with a sale of Mig-35s to Pakistan is an option that is not on the table.
:cheers:

You are contradicting your own statement first you said LCA have Israeli radar and composites so its best and then you said LCA MK1 is not as per requirements. :sick:Whats the use of Israeli radar and composites when LCA MK1 is failed and not as per your requirement?

because it can counter jf-17 easily with israeli radar and composites.
But we have already mig21's to do so. So we want LCA to be of higher standards and hence we are developing mk2 version.

I dont think PAF will buy the MIG 35 instead they could buy the engine for the FC 20 and sum MI 17s

because it can counter jf-17 easily with israeli radar and composites.
But we have already mig21's to do so. So we want LCA to be of higher standards and hence we are developing mk2 version.

you really think that the bisons can effectively counter JF 17???

PAF has expressed NOOOO interest in the Mig-35 let alone their dire finical issues they already are planning to induct a number of platforms from China that, whilst not as capable as the Mig-35, fit into the same class so I doubt PAF would want the hassle of the logistics let alone their F-16s that are in the same category.

Secondly, the most important factor is the Russians aren't foolish enough to do such a thing over ONE project (given it is a pretty large one) as India already has committed $30 BILLION for PAK FA/FGFA let alone the BILLIONS for MiG 29Ks for IN, UPG of IAF MiG 29, JV for MTA and likely order for 5+ A-50 for IAF Phalcon etc etc. I truly don't believe the Russians are that stupid, immature or emotional.

I haven't seen this news ANYWHERE else and even if I had it could just be ONE upset Russian (or not even Russian).

Russia won't bite the hand that feeds it

it was a fire in the dark by some russian ''expert'........pakistan is not stupid enough to buy these you know.....its much better to buy some Mi17 or even Mi 26 rather than these.

MIG 35 is a twin engine aircraft, and Pakistan don't buy twin engine aircrafts, case closed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom