What's new

Russia hails Pakistan’s SCO bid

Why the defeatist attitude? It's our incompetant and money-hungry leaders that make it seem like a curse, Pakistan has the ability to become a major econoomic player on the world stage once we get a decent leader who will educate the masses.
Zardari needs to be removed asap!

Some of you are so predictable, so 90's, so un-imaginative!
Let me tell you: For about half of Pakistan's history the military has DIRECTLY ruled Pakistan. And for much else, the military is the ultimate power. EVEN NOW the President of Pakistan Zardari cannot go deep into the Pakistani 'sensitive' installations. Same was with Benazir Bhutto. And yet you blame a lame-duck Zardari? Who was the president--the all-powerful one, answerable to no one--from 2001-2008? Why did he leave Pakistan if he was so good?
You guys take us for fools. Any good thing done by the civilians is done because the 'military' is forcing them to so. Right!

As for the 'defeatist' attitude, I don't think so. I certainly wish Pakistan could be somewhere in the middle of the Pacific instead of where it is. All we forum members--not just from Pakistan--are out here to prove macho, wise, strategic, blah, blah but in reality there is just too much worries in life when being 'strategically' located.

Now, Pakistan can try to be a Switzerland: Being surrounded by the crap but manage to use rationality and a peacetime 'reserve' forces to tackle aggressors. Only if that could be possible....

What does SCO stands for anyway and who else Russia wanted?

Pak and Bang and who else?

What does SCO stands for anyway and who else Russia wanted?

Pak and Bang and who else?

SCO (上海合作组织 - Шанхайская организация сотрудничества) = Shanghai Cooperation Organisation

250px-Countries-SCO.png

so is Pakistan full member now or not yet?

China have long been supportive of Pakistan's application. Only Russia was reluctant to accept because of India. However Russia has taken a u-turn on its decision and is now backing Pakistan on it too. So it's pretty much a done deal. Just sit tight for the good news :yahoo:

China have long been supportive of Pakistan's application. Only Russia was reluctant to accept because of India. However Russia has taken a u-turn on its decision and is now backing Pakistan on it too. So it's pretty much a done deal. Just sit tight for the good news :yahoo:

:what:....india never been a part of sco..y we will compel them...if we wanted then they would have already stated u clearly

:what:....india never been a part of sco..y we will compel them...if we wanted then they would have already stated u clearly

India is an observer in SCO and also a close ally of Russia. Russia respected India enough not to bring Pakistan in. However that's all changed now. Russia didn't like what india did to them on the latest deal and they are now looking for other ways of seeking benefits. With Pakistan being in a postive strategical region they saw good reasons to cooperate with Pakistan despite the fact the India will not like it. It's basically Russians saying 'two can play that game'.

SCO might be counter effort to NATO as china's rise and russia's stayed hold.

Pakistan should blame no one, but the war in Afghanistan. International community(the west) should compensate for the loss of gold years of economic development. Those fat-a$$ US congressmen are crazy and we should ignore them.

India's closeness to US is for real hurting themselves. Russia and China will be their pains for many years.

SCO might be counter effort to NATO as china's rise and russia's stayed hold.

Pakistan should blame no one, but the war in Afghanistan. International community(the west) should compensate for the loss of gold years of economic development. Those fat-a$$ US congressmen are crazy and we should ignore them.

India's closeness to US is for real hurting themselves. Russia and China will be their pains for many years.

india is less close than pakistan

India is an observer in SCO and also a close ally of Russia. Russia respected India enough not to bring Pakistan in. However that's all changed now. Russia didn't like what india did to them on the latest deal and they are now looking for other ways of seeking benefits. With Pakistan being in a postive strategical region they saw good reasons to cooperate with Pakistan despite the fact the India will not like it. It's basically Russians saying 'two can play that game'.

Yes, Russia seems to be nervous about India getting close to the US. And the US is annoyed that India is refusing to join the US camp.

This might be why Russia wants Pakistan in the SCO, rather than India.

Yes, Russia seems to be nervous about India getting close to the US. And the US is annoyed that India is refusing to join the US camp.

This might be why Russia wants Pakistan in the SCO, rather than India.

you used to say that pakistan is main ally of usa!!!!:azn:.now u r shifting ur stance.......
i think some other indian made an impact on you:azn:
:D:D
:rofl:

you used to say that pakistan is main ally of usa!!!!:azn:.now u r shifting ur stance.......
i think some other indian made an impact on you:azn:

LOL when did I say that?

I think you are imagining things buddy.

its a revolution in stretgic way, pakistan was a foe of russia, but russian and pakistani policy has completely taken a u turn now, a great decider for the future block

but im surprised what has compelled russians to become friends with pakistan?? mmrca??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom