What's new

Russia Hikes SU 30MKI Prices Twice For India Might Be The revange That MI 35 got Elim

Super Falcon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I will call it sweet revange now they will take that much money if they were selling india a Mig 35 Fighter jet now i can see the friendship is only about money well in future if india see this attitude of russia continueing as in past with AC deal was the same story russias were not happy that indians buying american weapons in future india might not buy anything from them than russia will come close to pakistan and sell more weapons at half of price to make indians jealous well still long way to go for it

well in time of recasion russian SU 30 MKI cost the double of each aircraft which india buys in MRCA well out of my mind why

Last edited by a moderator:
in 2007 inddia bought at 40 million a piece and now at stragering price of 120 Million a piece well man

We Indians are very practical all of us know that countries cannot have friendship like humans. No country will leave its profit because it is friend. Russia is a very strong ally and before commenting on the price I would like to know what all is included.

We Indians are very practical all of us know that countries cannot have friendship like humans. No country will leave its profit because it is friend. Russia is a very strong ally and before commenting on the price I would like to know what all is included.

The $102 million is the LMC or the lifetime maintenance cost or sometimes also known as the Life Cycle Cost and around $40 is the flyaway cost. Most jets have such ratios but the MKI has a higher cost curve mainly because of the additional parts that are installed on it by the IAF. All these parts have a fixed upgrading period and the LMC accounts for that. Such cost are normally amortized over a period of 5-10 years therefore the $102 price tag, nothing to worry about. Infact I wont be surprised that the cost is even higher, my estimate is around $120 million altogether. If you want the best, you need to pay for it. Other jets like the JF-17 will have a lower LMC curve. Just for example an F-22 has a far higher lifetime cost than any fighter jet in the world. This is a truly stupid report by an idiotic tv channel who does not know zit about aircrafts, they just want to create some masala. Russia just cant raise prices like that, prices for Aircraft's are fixed for certain amount of time and their price rise has to be justified also. There would be sheer chaos in the MOD if something like this actually happened but I have heard absolutely nothing. So all our Pakistan friends please relax, we are still getting the 300+ jets just as before lol Please refer to the following pics for more info -

fig3-1.gif

GetRichTextImage.aspx

https://acc.dau.mil/GetRichTextImage.aspx?id=314773&imageid=de25856a-fb4b-41ef-8422-b3b7fc9d4457

GetRichTextImage.aspx

https://acc.dau.mil/GetRichTextImage.aspx?id=314773&imageid=4659899e-baa9-4a53-8f89-408ed6ff21a7

GetRichTextImage.aspx

https://acc.dau.mil/GetRichTextImage.aspx?id=314773&imageid=f0401b14-a9f8-432a-9c5e-98e61445f772

zLCCpie.jpg

Managing the preparation of a life-cycle cost estimate requires continual coordination among all of the stakeholders. Normally, cost estimates are sponsored by a system program office and are prepared by a multi-disciplinary team with functional skills in financial management, logistics, engineering, and other talents. The team also should include participants or reviewers from major affected organizations, such as the system's operating command, product support center, maintenance depot, training center or command, and so forth. Typically, the analytic approach to the cost estimate is documented in a written study plan that includes a master schedule (of specific tasks, responsible parties, and due dates). For sufficiently complex efforts, the estimating team may be organized as a formal Integrated Product Team. Throughout the preparation of the estimate, coordination with all interested parties remains important. Frequent in-progress reviews or meetings are usually a good practice.

For independent cost estimates, the team may be smaller and less formal, but the basic principle—complete and continual coordination of the cost estimate with all interested parties—still applies.

Altogether there is much more to pricing in an aircraft that meets your eye. This new station probably got hold of a report showing the whole LCC cost and then jumped up saying that Russia raised the prices lol Dont worry about this friends.

Cheers

Last edited:
I would not read too much into this report, on 30th May 2010 it was announced that Russia had won a large contract to modernize around 40 aircraft...

The project codenamed Super 30 stipulates the installation of new radars, onboard computers, electronic warfare systems and BrahMos supersonic missiles on 40 Su-30MKI fighters, the magazine said.
Russia wins large contract to modernize Indian Su-30MKI fighters - media | World | RIA Novosti

considering this up gradation and the cost of new aircraft with the advancements it does not look as bad. Its premature to make conclusions like our media..wait for the complete up gradation list .

As for some pointing out that Russians will now run to Pakistan, its important to note that the Russians are not like the CHinese, they will not give equipment for free or on soft loans. Also, makes no sense why they would run away from a huge market including further MIGs, Helicopters, Submarines, FGFA, Aircrat Carrier and so much more....

Thanks desi bhai, yahan log bina kuch jane hi koodne lagte hain. I suspected the same in my post.

These are common tactics by Russians dubbed as "bait and switch" Anyone who had dont business with Russians factor this in their deal and expect a price hike later at proportion of 35%-50%. India i belive is well accustomed to this. Such was case in air craft carrier deal to.

These kind of business practices are relics of soviet mentality when America tried to corner every Soviet industrial export by offering financial aid, export credits and discounts to kill prices. Soviets countered this by offering rock bottom prices at first and hiking them up later once the deal commenced.

in 2007 inddia bought at 40 million a piece and now at stragering price of 120 Million a piece well man

The newer MKI's will have new tech and upgrades to weapon systems and avionics then again the non Russian stuff on the plane don't come cheap.
If im not wrong these MKI's would be Brahmos capable:what: if so the air frame would be greatly strengthened to carry an extra 1.5++ tons of Cruise missile.
The cost also includes Lifetime maintenance for all parts involved weather Russian, French of Israeli.

@Super falcon
it would be nice to discuss on increased cost and reasons for it but to label it Russia's revenge for Not being selected in the MMRCA deal(still speculation) is lame :tdown: and the worst part is it is based on a report by page 3 Journalist's report.:tdown::tdown::sick:

These are common tactics by Russians dubbed as "bait and switch" Anyone who had dont business with Russians factor this in their deal and expect a price hike later at proportion of 35%-50%. India i belive is well accustomed to this. Such was case in air craft carrier deal to.

These kind of business practices are relics of soviet mentality when America tried to corner every Soviet industrial export by offering financial aid, export credits and discounts to kill prices. Soviets countered this by offering rock bottom prices at first and hiking them up later once the deal commenced.

Dude it was a mistake to think that you could modify a 80's era cruiser in to a modern carrier for a price under a billion hence the cost increase besides we asked the Russians to put i a lot of new stuff on it so there is bound be increase in costs considering India's economy quality is more impotent to us rather than costs.

ya we know the kind of tech America offers to sell to its allies and how mush trouble you people had to go through to get your hands on those F-16's and a lvl 1 partner in JSf program U.K was denied access to radar tech though it payed for its development,considering all this factors Russia is a far better a country to by military equipment from.

The $102 million is the LMC or the lifetime maintenance cost or sometimes also known as the Life Cycle Cost and around $40 is the flyaway cost. Most jets have such ratios but the MKI has a higher cost curve mainly because of the additional parts that are installed on it by the IAF. All these parts have a fixed upgrading period and the LMC accounts for that. Such cost are normally amortized over a period of 5-10 years therefore the $102 price tag, nothing to worry about. Infact I wont be surprised that the cost is even higher, my estimate is around $120 million altogether. If you want the best, you need to pay for it. Other jets like the JF-17 will have a lower LMC curve. Just for example an F-22 has a far higher lifetime cost than any fighter jet in the world. This is a truly stupid report by an idiotic tv channel who does not know zit about aircrafts, they just want to create some masala. Russia just cant raise prices like that, prices for Aircraft's are fixed for certain amount of time and their price rise has to be justified also. There would be sheer chaos in the MOD if something like this actually happened but I have heard absolutely nothing. So all our Pakistan friends please relax, we are still getting the 300+ jets just as before lol Please refer to the following pics for more info -

fig3-1.gif

GetRichTextImage.aspx

GetRichTextImage.aspx

GetRichTextImage.aspx

zLCCpie.jpg

Managing the preparation of a life-cycle cost estimate requires continual coordination among all of the stakeholders. Normally, cost estimates are sponsored by a system program office and are prepared by a multi-disciplinary team with functional skills in financial management, logistics, engineering, and other talents. The team also should include participants or reviewers from major affected organizations, such as the system's operating command, product support center, maintenance depot, training center or command, and so forth. Typically, the analytic approach to the cost estimate is documented in a written study plan that includes a master schedule (of specific tasks, responsible parties, and due dates). For sufficiently complex efforts, the estimating team may be organized as a formal Integrated Product Team. Throughout the preparation of the estimate, coordination with all interested parties remains important. Frequent in-progress reviews or meetings are usually a good practice.

For independent cost estimates, the team may be smaller and less formal, but the basic principle—complete and continual coordination of the cost estimate with all interested parties—still applies.

Altogether there is much more to pricing in an aircraft that meets your eye. This new station probably got hold of a report showing the whole LCC cost and then jumped up saying that Russia raised the prices lol Dont worry about this friends.

Cheers

Awesome post man :tup::tup::tup:

thanks desi

but i have few question why we are depend on su30 mki while we can get much better plane su35 at same price

we can work on the next gen lca

is su30 mki capable to enter in Chinese airspace deep and comeback safe

Last edited:
mere indian bhayoo yeh hum pakistani nahe kha rahe balka jo mana video lagaye hai usko phele gaur se dekh lain woh new delhi main banaye gaye hai aur aphi kay admi ki report hai woh koi pakistani nahe hai app hi ka banda hai jo yeh sab kha raha hai ka itna mehnga jet kyon kia yehi jet with weaons indian ne 2007 main 40 million main nahe lia tha han challo mehnga bhi kitna 70 million na 3 saal ma tu thek tha lakin itna ka samjh se bahaar aik exapmle deta ho agar apna corrola li thi 2007 main 1 lakh main aur kuch modification 2010 model apko 30 lakh ka milla tu app kia karenga pagal ho jayenga itna main tu apko JF 35 mil jaye jo generation ahead hai SU 30 se aur us inteview main apka apna vice marshall ka bhi interview hai usa bhi sun lijeyga main yahan ladain karna nahe aya bus sahee jo baat hai woh karna aya ho app apna logo ki bhi baat ko galata khette hai tu kia retired air chief of indian force kia pagal hai kia

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom