What's new

russia places 6 nuclear warheads on the western front near poland

amidamaru

Reaction score
has anyone heard anything about this???

i was told a rumor i do not know if it has any truth, but i heard that russia basically said they had no choice but to place 6 nuclear warheads in the area because of the us and european threat ( missile defence) etc

Nuclear warheads don't need to be "placed" anywhere... they are deliverable in minutes to any place on the globe by missile.

Russia has had nukes pointed at Europe, China, and the USA (among others) for decades. Physically moving nukes does nothing.

^^ what was the cuban crisis all about then?-

^^ what was the cuban crisis all about then?-

At the time (early 1960's), the Russian missiles on their soil could not reach the USA. By placing INTERMEDIATE range missiles in Cuba, they were able to threaten all of the USA.

Since then, missiles have matured with true global reach. No need to move individual warheads.

well actually it does server a purpose, the further away missiles are, the more chance to be shot down by anti air missiles etc which the usa have put in poland.... if the nukes are closer, they could reach any of number of countries within a short amount of time and would greatly reduce the chance of them being shot down

Back
Top Bottom