What's new

Russia ready to offer coal, not LNG

Everyones playing politics on oil import issue. Actually the crude oil we import from Saudi Arabia is on give and take basis. Saudis are giving 4 million jobs to our people which in return providing roughly 12-13 billion USD per annum to our economy. What jobs and incentives can Russians give us? Moreover, they do not have enough opportunities and cultural resemblance to offer to Pakistanis. The guys here on PDF does not spend a single day wearing safety shoes in a petrochemical complex and talking on the basis of the blabbers provided by their fav politicians.

I remember somewhere i read Pakistan was asking for LNG from Iran.

AApparently the energy infrastructures of Pakistan is attuned to LNG.

Russia has its traditional customers for its LNG and Iran hasnt invested in that industry in export scale. Qatar and USA are the ones who could help in this regard as it seems.

IIran and Russia prefer trustworthy partners and mostly pipelines.

@Trango Towers

Same as they supply gas to Germany and Europe

Supplying gas to them is easy- a pipeline is in place. Plus, they do large volumes and get paid without fail.

Now why would they take the troubles to supply to Pak by ships, when volumes are relatively small and opening LCs could be a hassle. And on top of that Pak is supplying weapons to the enemy.

Regards
Oh dear... that's your analysis. Conversation ends

@Destranator

....You need seasoned importers involved in such trade negotiations. Bajwa should get involved....

Ha!Ha! That was an epic troll!

Regards

That 2 million BPD could make a big difference, because it would also lead other OPEC Countries to start producing more.

I wonder why, despite all the tensions on Oil prices, the US still won't offer a deal to Iran as Iranian Crude also has the potential to change the complexion of the Oil game and would effect the prices of Oil.

I think we already have sufficient quantity of Coal from Afghanistan so don't really need Russian Coal.
It's also unsustainable and could last maybe a week. In manufacturing or resources sector, you simply cannot maintain a production level above your normal base line for an extended period of time without massive investments. Even in that case, you need months to expand the operation.

@Mav3rick

I wonder why, despite all the tensions on Oil prices, the US still won't offer a deal to Iran

The US demand was quite fair and in the larger, global, public interest.

You see, your first statement says it all. USA could have easily solved the problem by not sanctioning Venezuela and Iran and keeping their oil out of the market. Under these circumstances you have to agree with @S10 bro when he says "Biden was asking Saudis to compensate for his own shitty energy planning"

Regards
I think the attitude for Saudis towards Biden is "poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

That 2 million BPD could make a big difference, because it would also lead other OPEC Countries to start producing more.

I wonder why, despite all the tensions on Oil prices, the US still won't offer a deal to Iran as Iranian Crude also has the potential to change the complexion of the Oil game and would effect the prices of Oil.

I think we already have sufficient quantity of Coal from Afghanistan so don't really need Russian Coal.

OPEC has absolutely no reason to help Biden out. USA is pushing an anti fossil fuel bandwagon based on eco hysteria, which does not help the oil industry on any way, shape or form.

I remember somewhere i read Pakistan was asking for LNG from Iran.

AApparently the energy infrastructures of Pakistan is attuned to LNG.

Russia has its traditional customers for its LNG and Iran hasnt invested in that industry in export scale. Qatar and USA are the ones who could help in this regard as it seems.

IIran and Russia prefer trustworthy partners and mostly pipelines.

Oh shut up

After IK ouster SS gave Putin the cold shoulder, now Putin is giving SS the finger. SS wont care in reality his swindled billions will keep him powered and warm as he hugs NS portrait every night, the average Pakistani will suffer.

In Pak most politicians put their needs before the nation, we see the result here.

The LNG market is VERY TIGHT, Russians even failed to supply on certain contracts to India and instead sold it at a higher price to the Germans. This is AFTER the invasion of Ukraine and during the maximum "sanctions" imposed by Europe.
This happened just a couple of weeks ago and India lodged a protest with Germany and Gazprom

Oh shut up
I would be glad to know which part of it triggered you. I tried to stay polite and editted my reply for multiple times after what Pakistan did in case of that pipeline. Although, Iran changed the purpose of that pipeline and fed own province of Sistan and Balochistan but it remains as a fact that it is impossible to count on Pakistani words as a partner. Let alone an Islamic country. A sad reality.

Your governors left 200 million people vulnerable to every threat related to energy security. Atunning a country with that huge population to an insecure way of importing energy is an unforgivable sin. I remember when Nawaz was in power, the worst condition we experienced in the history of Iran Pakistan relatioship. But hey! No one mentions that Nawaz was puppy of Sauds in Pakistan.

Btw, you made me write what i didn't want to.

I would be glad to know which part of it triggered you. I tried to stay polite and editted my reply for multiple times after what Pakistan did in case of that pipeline. Although, Iran changed the purpose of that pipeline and fed own province of Sistan and Balochistan but it remains as a fact that it is impossible to count on Pakistani words as a partner. Let alone an Islamic country. A sad reality.

Your governors left 200 million people vulnerable to every threat related to energy security. Atunning a country with that huge population to an insecure way of importing energy is an unforgivable sin. I remember when Nawaz was in power, the worst condition we experienced in the history of Iran Pakistan relatioship. But hey! No one mentions that Nawaz was puppy of Sauds in Pakistan.

Btw, you made me write what i didn't want to.

Incase you missed it, Iran is under usa sanctions, Pakistan cannot pay Iran with dollars, doing monetary transactions with Iran is punishable. it’s was in Pakistan’s best interest's to back off until sanctions on iran are gone instead of just fighting with USA on this.

I cant believe we have so fumb folks here.Russia sells all its military equipment to India. Russia has no such expectations as to what and where we sell. That's purely business.
That's not how it works, Russia can sell to whoever it wants, as long as it has leverage over you they can apply pressure to prevent the sale if they don't want it taking place

Incase you missed it, Iran is under usa sanctions, Pakistan cannot pay Iran with dollars, doing monetary transactions with Iran is punishable. it’s was in Pakistan’s best interest's to back off until sanctions on iran are gone instead of just fighting with USA on this.
Exactly. At least you point to the truth.

One point, was it better to show your middle finger to uncle Sam and ensure your energy security for decades with a trustworthy partner or make the whole country dependent on LNG?

Back
Top Bottom