What's new

Russia retreats to autarky as poverty looms

Turkey is suffering economically but I would still rather live in Turkey than China or Russia any day of the week, a decent Mediterranean style lifestyle with lots of the best parts of countries like Spain and Italy such as good beaches, cafes, bars, historical sites, football etc, the only problem is those buildings with a dome type of roof that have annoying men shouting from them.

Sure, most people nowadays want a relax life, not a stressful one. Most people want to have a high-tech, high-income, high-everything life like the Japanese do, but most people do not want to work like them.

The world may soon enter a new world war, after long time of peace, which make people become lazy, indisciplined and spoiled. It is almost unavoidable history cycle.

I wouldn't really call Nazi Germany's Autarkic system a failure as it did a tremendous job in reviving Germany's economic power within just six years.

Of course, in Germany's context Autarky had its limitations since Germany still depended on 33% of foreign imports of raw materials like iron ore, copper, zinc, oil, rubber etc, though even by today's standards that's an impressive achievement. But in Russia's case they have plentiful of almost any kind of natural resource.

The goal of Autarky is not "100% self sufficiency" but to rather limit dependence on imports as much as possible.

I wouldn't really call Nazi Germany's Autarkic system a failure as it did a tremendous job in reviving Germany's economic power within just six years.

Of course, in Germany's context Autarky had its limitations since Germany still depended on 33% of foreign imports of raw materials like iron ore, copper, zinc, oil, rubber etc, though even by today's standards that's an impressive achievement. But in Russia's case they have plentiful of almost any kind of natural resource.

The goal of Autarky is not "100% self sufficiency" but to rather limit dependence on imports as much as possible.
Arms production / rrearmament and building public infrastructure (autobahn, schools, hospitals) revived Germany's economy. And putting German men in jobs previously occupied by Jews and/or German women. It also swapped North American and Western European trading partners for others in Eastern Europe and South America
Whereas, in 1913, 66 per cent of iron and steel was produced from German ore, in 1936 the percentage was only 26 per cent. Despite a subsidy to the industry in the 1920s to develop processes to use low-grade German ore little was done.
Sempringham_ehistory.org.uk

The cost of autarky was prohibitive, even when Hitles made Germany's bog industries (Krupp etc) pay. By 1939 Germany had not significanty reduced its dependence on imported raw materials.
Nazi Germany: Confronting the Myths - Catherine Epstein - Google Boeken (p100)

By 1939 Germany had not significanty reduced its dependence on imported raw materials.
Because Germany did not produce those raw materials itself, thus it had to import them. Which is what i already stated.

Because Germany did not produce those raw materials itself, thus it had to import them. Which is what i already stated.

Whereas, in 1913, 66 per cent of iron and steel was produced from German ore, in 1936 the percentage was only 26 per cent. Despite a subsidy to the industry in the 1920s to develop processes to use low-grade German ore little was done

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/russia-retreats-to-autarky-as-poverty-looms.403921/page-3#ixzz3pZ8PlPdZ

While in the Great USA, all things are rosy.

America Going Bankrupt State by State | Altermedia USA
article-1159677-03C00321000005DC-173_634x312.jpg
201010-Jay-and-Geno.jpg

83112939MW015-tentcity.jpg

you had to search google for a 5 year old article?

I can too! But only a few months!
Poverty in Germany at its highest since reunification | News | DW.COM | 19.02.2015

In other words this proves my point that Germany didn't produce iron ore and other raw materials it imported, in significant amounts, due to various socioeconomic changes between 1913-1936.

You do know that Germany experienced tremendous socioeconomic changes between 1913 and 1936 don't you? And these changes affected its industrial capacity?

Otherwise your comparison is similar to saying 'Japan once had a mighty war industry with a powerful navy because a statistic from 1941 shows they produced and utilized millions of tons of iron but today in the year 2015 they no longer utilize the same quantity of iron and now depend on America for military assistance'. Well, no shit they don't because they lost the war and were stripped of their capacity to do so.

In other words this proves my point that Germany didn't produce iron ore and other raw materials it imported, in significant amounts, due to various socioeconomic changes between 1913-1936.
No, it does not. It shows that in 1913, just before the start of ww1, 66 per cent of iron and steel was produced from German ore (i.e. closer to autarky in this area), while in 1936 - just before the autarky 4 year program, the percentage was only 26 per cent (i.e. less close to autarky).

You do know that Germany experienced tremendous socioeconomic changes between 1913 and 1936 don't you? And these changes affected its industrial capacity?
Oh really? You mean, like most modern nations in those days? > no point.

Otherwise your comparison is similar to saying 'Japan once had a mighty war industry with a powerful navy because a statistic from 1941 shows they produced and utilized millions of tons of iron but today in the year 2015 they no longer utilize the same quantity of iron and now depend on America for military assistance'. Well, no shit they don't because they lost the war and were stripped of their capacity to do so.
No, it is not similar to that at all. You are trying to put words in my mouth.

No, it does not. It shows that in 1913, just before the start of ww1, 66 per cent of iron and steel was produced from German ore (i.e. closer to autarky in this area), while in 1936 - just before the autarky 4 year program, the percentage was only 26 per cent (i.e. less close to autarky).
Yes it does actually. Besides iron which was of low output in the 1930s, Germany did not produce oil or rubber at all, two other major industrial raw materials which had to be imported.

Oh really? You mean, like most modern nations in those days? > no point.
So you're telling me that most industrialized nations of that time were defeated in WW 1 and had to pay billions in war reparations? I wonder which history you've been learning.

No, it is not similar to that at all. You are trying to put words in my mouth.
Very much similar in fact. Germany of 1936 was a different Germany from 1913. So of course Germanys iron output decreased after its industries suffered from allied war reparations and finally the inflation.

Yes it does actually. Besides iron which was of low output in the 1930s, Germany did not produce oil or rubber at all, two other major industrial raw materials which had to be imported.

The rise of German iron ore production is quite impressive: from 6.37 million tons in 1929 and 2.59 million tons in 1933 to 7.57 million tons in 1937 and 11.15 million tons in 1938 (including the Saar district). In 1938, domestic iron ore production surpassed imports of iron ore.
The Vampire Economy - Günter Reimann - Google Boeken

No domestic oil production?
As a highly developed industrial state, Germany was dependent even in peacetime on external sources for an adequate supply of oil. Even though Germany’s 1938 oil consumption of little more than 44 million barrels was considerably less than Great Britain’s 76 million barrels, Russia’s 183 million barrels, and the one billion barrels used by the United States, in wartime Germany’s needs for an adequate supply of liquid fuel would be absolutely essential for successful military operations on the ground and, even more so, in the air. For Germany, it was precisely the outbreak of the war in 1939 and the concurrent termination of overseas imports that most endangered its ability to conduct mobile warfare.
German oil supplies came from three different sources: imports of crude and finished petroleum products from abroad, production by domestic oil fields, and syntheses of petroleum products from coal.
In 1938, of the total consumption of 44 million barrels, imports from overseas accounted for 28 million barrels or roughly 60 percent of the total supply. An additional 3.8 million barrels were imported overland from European sources (2.8 million barrels came from Romania alone), and another 3.8 million barrels were derived from domestic oil production. The remainder of the total, 9 million barrels, were produced synthetically. Although the total overseas imports were even higher in 1939 before the onset of the blockade in September (33 million barrels), this high proportion of overseas imports only indicated how precarious the fuel situation would become should Germany be cut off from them.
The Role of Synthetic Fuel In World War II Germany

Likewise, Germany started producing synthetic gasoline and synthetic rubber (Buna) as early as 1915.
Handbook of Energy: Chronologies, Top Ten Lists, and Word Clouds - Cutler J. Cleveland, Christopher G. Morris - Google Boeken

Petroleum | International Encyclopedia of the First World War (WW1)

So you're telling me that most industrialized nations of that time were defeated in WW 1 and had to pay billions in war reparations? I wonder which history you've been learning.

All Germany's neighbours in Europe (including neutral ones) faced the consequences of industrialization, the effects of WW1 and the economic setbacks of the 1929 stockmarket crash. As for reparations, I've pointed this out to you before:
The Treaty of Versailles and the 1921 London Schedule of Payments required Germany to pay 132 billion gold marks (US$33 billion) in reparations to cover civilian damage caused during the war. This figure was divided into three categories of bonds: A, B, and C. Of these, Germany was only required to pay towards 'A' and 'B' bonds totalling 50 billion marks (US$12.5 billion). The remaining 'C' bonds, which Germany did not have to pay, were designed to deceive the Anglo-French public into believing Germany was being heavily fined and punished for the war.
Because of the lack of reparation payments by Germany, France occupied the Ruhr in 1923 to enforce payments, causing an international crisis that resulted in the implementation of the Dawes Plan in 1924. This plan outlined a new payment method and raised international loans to help Germany to meet her reparation commitments. Despite this, by 1928 Germany called for a new payment plan, resulting in the Young Plan that established the German reparation requirements at 112 billion marks (US$26.3 billion) and created a schedule of payments that would see Germany complete payments by 1988. With the collapse of the German economy in 1931, reparations were suspended for a year and in 1932 during the Lausanne Conference they were cancelled altogether. Between 1919 and 1932, Germany paid less than 21 billion marks in reparations.
the consensus of contemporary historians is that reparations were not as intolerable as the Germans or Keynes had suggested and were within Germany's capacity to pay had there been the political will to do so.
World War I reparations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very much similar in fact. Germany of 1936 was a different Germany from 1913. So of course Germanys iron output decreased after its industries suffered from allied war reparations and finally the inflation.
Not at all similar. Iron ore output didn't decrease. Rather, rearmament and infrastructure projects drove up the need for iron ore. Indeed, Germany in 1936 was different from 1913, in that it was preparing for war and running a vampire economy.
The Vampire Economy - Günter Reimann - Google Boeken

Who gives a phuck when chitholes like iraq, Iran, syria, armenia or bankrupt greece hates you?

Turkey is growing and becoming a technological regional power.

Look at our defence industry chinese midget.

We have superior Technology than your chithole called China.

ENJOY chinese fangay!

As if we don't already have them?

Just don't knock on our door for your future satellite launch or defensive needs.
It does not look good for the big and almighty Goliath to go down on its knees. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom