What's new

Russia wants to replace US computer chips with local processors

This thread hasn't been updated in about a year so i thought i'd share the latest news. Baikal-T1 chip will no longer use 8x arm cortex a57 cores, instead they will use dual core 32bit mips warrior p5600 cpu cores @ 1.2ghz using 28mm process. It will use less than 5 watts. Imagination Technologies wrote a blog about it themselves but i need 29 posts before i can post a hyperlink so you will need to fix this link: blog.imgtec D0TC0M /mips-processors/baikal-t1-communications-processor-features-high-performance-mips-p5600-cpu

These chips do not appear that they will be used in regular pc's but will instead just be used in networking equipment such as wireless routers, switches etc.

Here is the layout of the Baikal-T1 chip:

Baikal-T1-MIPS-P5600.png

p.s here is a video of the Elbrus-4C in action, it is a 50Gflops 4 core 65nm chip, an amd external gpu is used in this video:

Here is the specs for the elbrus chip and the future Elbrus-8C chip:

0_115a8a_cc3cef64_X5L

Last edited:
Baikal making processors?
I have used Baikal Hunting Rifles and 9mm Bikal Viking handgun both were awesome weapons.
Shotgun manufacturers making micro-processors :confused:
Baikal must be a huge entrepreneur to carry such diverse nature of ventures

You are going to need much much more horsepower for this
Stop showing your lack of reading comprehension please - well at least try not.It has been said again,again and again - gamers and mass public are not target audience of Russian build CPU and other PC parts .Everyone got it-apart of you of course.Network systems,large scale enterprises,military,space,government branches etc-they are the audience.

Stop showing your lack of reading comprehension please - well at least try not.It has been said again,again and again - gamers and mass public are not target audience of Russian build CPU and other PC parts .Everyone got it-apart of you of course.Network systems,large scale enterprises,military,space,government branches etc-they are the audience.

Calm down buddy.
That Doom teaser I posted was just released less than 2 weeks ago. First footage of any new Doom game stuff since 2004 (BFG doesn't count) Just giving people a heads up on how far CPU and GPU power has come since Doom3 was released. Interesting they pick Doom3 as something to show off their CPU.

Last edited:
the american above does not understand that this is a project for independence, not gaming quality or some private use. These are military projects for future advanced military use.

as a side effect ordinary citizens can finance it with their limited purchase.

the american above does not understand that this is a project for independence, not gaming quality or some private use. These are military projects for future advanced military use.

I'm fully aware of it. The US government has over the decades plenty of fast machines with proprietary chips that won't run PC games.

I think he understands it fine, they are just the type of chips that should be targeted at developing nations, not Russia.

Back
Top Bottom