What's new

Russia willing to help Pakistan overcome energy crisis

ameer219

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Russia can help Pakistan overcome energy crisis

KARACHI (June 16 2010): Pakistan can look to Russia for assistance in overcoming its energy crisis. This was said by Russian Consul General in Karachi Andrey V Demidov at a reception hosted at the consulate to celebrate the National Day of the Russian Federation. The Russian Consul General said his country was blessed with vast energy resources and Pakistan could utilise these resources and their expertise.

He said Russia was willing to help Pakistan exploit its vast coal reserves in Balochistan and Thar. Demidov said that strengthening relations with Pakistan was his priority and Russia would continue to interact with Pakistan in resolving global issues. He said the meetings held last year between the presidents and prime ministers of both countries had helped define concrete areas of inter-action and provided a much necessary impetus and boost to Russia-Pakistan friendship.

He said the Russian-Pakistani Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade and Economics, Scientific and Technical Co-operation is expected to start functioning soon and would give practical shape to trade potential. Speaking to the media on the occasion, Founder President Pakistan Russia Business Forum Abdur Rauf Tabani said there was huge potential for economic co-operation between the two countries, which he said was very modest.

Tabani said according to his information, the present trade turnover was no more than $400 million. He said there was great potential for Pakistani textiles in the Russian market, while there was a large scale perennial demand for Pakistani leather garments and products in Russia. He said Pakistan could also supply gems and jewellery cutting technology to Russia. Similarly Pakistan could benefit from Russia in the oil and gas drilling sector.-PR

Cheers to new Pakistan-Russia everclosing Friendship
Business Recorder [Pakistan's First Financial Daily]:pakistan:

Copyright Business Recorder, 2010

A bit optimistic are we.

It's a sales pitch.

Even if Russia is willing , is Pakistan ?

hmmm

means relation with russia are improving and improving slowly slowly

Russia is again selling the s-300 to iran.

Russia want to turn American allies to himself

Great news. Russia already built the Pakistan Steel mills for us.

If Russia is talking of Thar Coal as the basis of eneregy generation then he is not coming to Help Pakistan but itself. We have our friendliest friend China who can lend us a helping hand in case matter goes out of our technical limits.

But I still take this as a positive move as it is in our interest to be friends of everybody and enemy of only one.

1st of all i personally thankful to Russia but the problem is our leadership who is pet of America.

hi
Russia not only wants to help Pakistan with energy crisis but also want to import Pakistani textile i think it is a very positive sign & Pakistan should respond to these offers warmly, if Russia has hinted that Pakistan can import oil & gas from Russia than it means Russia is indeed interested in Pakistan and who knows within a decade or so they will be offering us their military technology as well, if only Mr Z wasn't around things would go perfectly.

I think we should do what ever it takes to get our selves the much needed energy. If Russia is willing to help then we should also go with it.

Our govt sucks... they can utilise solar energy and wind energy by setting up plants in Balouchistan....
We have one of the worlds best region tht can be utilized for wind and solar energy production...
I recently saw some solar panels set up by a village to produce energy as well as wind mills.
Try doin tht at massive level and violla cheap energy.

Russia has surly changed its policy..........
Good news for Pakistan.
Now Pakistan must try to consolidate these positive steps by keeping in mind that these relations should be based on equality unlike Pak-America relations.

We need to improve our relationships with Russia if we are to dream of entering SCO or even resisting in our region under the dominance of India and American influenced Afghanistan

We need to improve our relationships with Russia if we are to dream of entering SCO or even resisting in our region under the dominance of India and American influenced Afghanistan

Is Russia blocking Pakistan's inclusion into SCO?

Is Russia blocking Pakistan's inclusion into SCO?

No, she is not

But Russia is one of the founding members of SCO so it may create hurdles if relationships does not improve?

I don't think it will happen but still we have to improve our ties with Russia just like India has gradually improved her ties with China. You see India have border-dispute with China but still both countries have strong relationships economy-wise. But we having no differences or disputes with Russia are stuck in middle of nowhere.

Russia being a major country in Asia, we should try to improve our relationships the first step i would say is increase our bilateral trades.

if you keep partnership with russia they will built mega thermal and nuclear plants to cut power shortage like they do in India but usa dont do that

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom