What's new

RUSSIAN SHOW OF POWER ... ABM DEPLOYMENT BY NATO

two things i dont really get

1) Why russia tested the Sineva ICBM when they already have a world-class, top of the range Bulava ICBM. i think testing the bulava from the borei class would have been a much better warning.

Because top of the range is no longer top after the latest developments in ABM technology. It is possible that the Sineva has been engineered to bypass the latest in ABM interceptors and its specs leaked.

2) Why they are using the bear bombers for patrol instead of Tu-22M or Tu-160. The bear is so noisy it can be picked up by sonar!

Consequenty which one will give the kremlin a bigger laugh, if a bear buzzes a carrier or if a stealthier craft does so? They might want to put their flying hours on the junkier craft during peacetime and fun n games anyways. :undecided:

I didn't say it was junk I said it was junkier than the Tu-22M or Tu-160. So it makes sense to put airtime hours on your worst equipment while keeping your best equipment as fresh as possible. If the bears have been flying for decades then it also makes sense to max out their usefulness by putting the heaviest load on them before they are finally phased out.

Bears with Air Support from Mig-29s or Su-33 will be the main Bombers till 2020.

Rest Assured.

B-52 Stratofortress is of similar type used extensively by US and will continue to use it.

Back
Top Bottom