What's new

Russian T-90 tank versus German Leopard 2A6 tank

King Solomon

Reaction score
Military experts simulated a showdown between the Russian T-90 tank and the German Leopard 2A6 to verify the claims by some Russian generals that the Russian hardware was inferior to its NATO analogues. Using mathematical models to simulate a battle between the Russian and the German tank, experts concluded that in a real battle the Leopard would not stand a chance of coming within a shooting distance of T-90.

Video of interview: Russian T-90 tank versus German Leopard 2A6 tank: Determining a victor | Video | RIA Novosti

Leapord and M1 Abrams are very similar and shared the development process.

doubt Russia can compete with USA and Germany in tank designs.

wow.... truly an unbiased source :D

although I do agree that T90 be superior to german leopards.

lol? You dont have a clue do you?

Military experts simulated a showdown between the Russian T-90 tank and the German Leopard 2A6 to verify the claims by some Russian generals that the Russian hardware was inferior to its NATO analogues. Using mathematical models to simulate a battle between the Russian and the German tank, experts concluded that in a real battle the Leopard would not stand a chance of coming within a shooting distance of T-90.

Video of interview: Russian T-90 tank versus German Leopard 2A6 tank: Determining a victor | Video | RIA Novosti

WTF??

The video is obviously fake, it shows KraussMaffeiWegmann promotional videos and T-90 promo videos from i think UAE tender. Also it shows, 2A6, 2A4 etc....

Also, where would the Ruskkies get a 2A6? It's so fake i cant believe anyone with a fragrance of brain (i thought you to be more down to earth, guess i was wrong) would post it as some sort of proof.
This is just Russia Strong!!!1 crew article for internal consumption.

A gem from the video: Leopard tanks have no chance of getting into shooting distance.
It is well known that Russian electrooptics and fire control systems are subpar to those of the West and if anything the T-90's would be spotted earlier.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting on Birbal-our resident tank expert to grace this thread with his presence and confirm these long known facts! :smokin:

Russians need to stop fooling themselves German Leopard is considered the best tank in the world and they are comparing and proving on their own the Tank right and not even conducting any sort of exercise with German Tank

Russians need to stop fooling themselves German Leopard is considered the best tank in the world and they are comparing and proving on their own the Tank right and not even conducting any sort of exercise with German Tank

This is not the only time the two were pitted against each other. :azn: T90 beat all tanks including your beloved leopard during testing in harsh environments.

This is not the only time the two were pitted against each other. :azn: T90 beat all tanks including your beloved leopard during testing in harsh environments.

Some links please.

lol wut? my money, all else being equal, is on the leopard everytime

From my reading, it's not the tank it's the tanker and the technique used in battle, there's no problem with the T-90 except it's not roomy you don't feel comfortable in it, in the second WW the Germans beat bigger and stronger armies with better tanks by mark 1 and 2 especially the french and the communists.

Some links please.

Russian experts/generals compare own tanks with another (Leopard2A6) which they haven't ever seen them in real (Let having any idea about capabilities ) ? :) Delusion isn't a good thing man. T-90 may be beeter than any other tanks but Claiming it with this way (media or some statements without any active field trials are just childless)...

And, It is known that Russia is lack of Termal sightening/detector technologies and ordering mostly them from French so Which part of your tanks is superior to NATO equivalents ? Is it the French optic subsystems or termal detectors that makes Russian tanks superior to German Leo ?

Russian experts/generals compare own tanks with another (Leopard2A6) which they haven't ever seen them in real (Let having any idea about capabilities ) ? :) Delusion isn't a good thing man. T-90 may be beeter than any other tanks but Claiming it with this way (media or some statements without any active field trials are just childless)...

And, It is known that Russia is lack of Termal sightening/detector technologies and ordering mostly them from French so Which part of your tanks is superior to NATO equivalents ? Is it the French optic subsystems or termal detectors that makes Russian tanks superior to German Leo ?

You better watch the video again. A complete simulation was carried out for Leopard vs. T 90. And the result? As you see.

Difficult to accept, kid? :) I know, don't worry. We will not hurt your little Turkey.:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom