What's new

Russians are working on Otokar Cobra technologies

GAZ-2975 Tiger
67824-1.jpg

GAZ-2975 Tiger is a powerful vehicle, indeed but it's design aspects do not support the V-hull concept. The purpose of V-hull design is to increase vehicle and crew survivability by deflecting an upward directed blast from a landmine (or Improvised Explosive Device) away from the vehicle, while also presenting a sloped armor face. By presenting its armor at an angle, it increases the amount of material a ballistic projectile must pass through in order to penetrate the vehicle, and increases the chance of deflection.

TSSsG.jpg

otakar_mayina_dayanikli.jpg

GAZ-2975 Tiger is a powerful vehicle, indeed but it's design aspects do not support the V-hull concept. The purpose of V-hull design is to increase vehicle and crew survivability by deflecting an upward directed blast from a landmine (or Improvised Explosive Device) away from the vehicle, while also presenting a sloped armor face. By presenting its armor at an angle, it increases the amount of material a ballistic projectile must pass through in order to penetrate the vehicle, and increases the chance of deflection.

getImage

Army Guide - SPM-3 Medved, Mine protected carrier

13181013275622.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VPK-3927_Volk

It is normal we would have interest in NATO hardwares, be it Turkey's or anybody else's.:coffee:

------------------------------
And it is a wonder how people assume Russia is nothing after breakup of USSR. I'd advise them to study carefully. Russia today is more powerful and more capable than USSR ever was.

We destroyed Georgia's fighting capability within a mere five days using our lower grade soldiers, Georgia who was heavily armed by hardwares supplied by Turks/NATO. A lesson for those dreaming of Russian "outdated hardwares".:tup:

It is normal we would have interest in NATO hardwares, be it Turkey's or anybody else's.:coffee:

But Kazakhstan has almost no home-made arms at all to get interested in western ones. But they are trying to copy Russian obsolete Grad here:
Nice try though...

he conception of protection of vehicles is based on the provision of the highest ballistic and mine protection of vehicle and personnel. The design of frame-panel armor provides its assembly and dis-assembly in field conditions without the use of special tools. Ballistic protection is STANAG 4569 level 3 with the possibility of increasing the level. Mine protection is 1 level (2 after upgrade).

Specifications:
Weight unarmored, kg: 7000
Capacity, unarmored, kg: 2500
Dimensions:
- Length: 5712 mm
- Width: 2500 mm
- Height: 2100 mm
- Wheelbase: 3300 mm
- Track width: 2140 mm
Ground clearance: adjustable 250–550 mm
Angle, degrees: 45-55
Turn radius: 7 m
Crew: 2+18
Engine: diesel YaMZ-5347
Capacity, litre: 4,4
Power, kWt/h.p., depends on the engine configuration: 176-221/240-300
Power capacity, h.p./t, depends on armor and engine configuration: 34,3-43
Maximum speed, km/h: 130
Fuel range: 1000 km
Weight of towed trailer, kg: 2500
STANAG 4569 Protection level:
- Ballistic: no
- Mine: no
Overcoming obstacles:
- Width of the ditch: 0,5 m
- Height of the wall: 0,5 m
- Depth ford: 1,5 m

Last edited by a moderator:
Brothers from my country sometimes u are being too naive, Russians build everything from fighterjets, tanks, apc's, aircraft carriers, nukes, heli's, submarines they are alternative to US hardware.. and you are worrying about Cobra tech!! :rofl:

I have to agree with this.

Any clever officiers in World would never use such expensive guided AT missiles to destroy a light armoured vehicles. That's why Turkey has developed 2.75 Inch semi-active laser and MEMS guided missile called Cirit...

roketsan-cirit-2.JPG

Besides, Russia do not have anything comparable with Cobra series armoured vehicles. This does not mean Russia can not develop a similar one but At least, We can say that They need knowhow, technology like that.
Lol man you really made me laugh Russians need to know how to make scout car like kobra bro take it easy and don't throw posts like this since this show you, as desperate to say we're advanced country like japan and Russia don't have what we have anyway good luck.

I have to agree with this.

This belief stems from the myth of territorial size and "aggressive posture". USSR had an aggressive foreign policy while Russia does not. These people assume silence is weakness. In addition, a large territory not necessarily means you are more powerful. If that were true, Congo would be more powerful than Europe as it has a larger size. If that were true, Arabs would be more powerful than Israel, when in reality, little Israel is controlling and holding all Arabs by the balls right now whether they realize this or not and have been doing so since 1967.

Yes, USSR was a very large nation. We achieved many great things together. In the end, we had to part our ways. But what do we see today?

Russia is more economically robust than any of the former USSR states as far as I know. Russia is the largest producer of energy resources in the world. Recently, Russia came up with strides in missile technology as well as naval warfare. There are many other fields in which Russia made recent innovative strides. etc. In Russia, it is commonly believed that we "let loose of the laggards" when we separated.

Russia is more economically robust than any of the former USSR states as far as I know. Russia is the largest producer of energy resources in the world. Recently, Russia came up with strides in missile technology as well as naval warfare. There are many other fields in which Russia made recent innovative strides. etc. In Russia, it is commonly believed that we "let loose of the laggards" when we separated.
True.

Russia today is more powerful and more capable than USSR ever was.
:)

------------------------------
And it is a wonder how people assume Russia is nothing after breakup of USSR. I'd advise them to study carefully. Russia today is more powerful and more capable than USSR ever was.

We destroyed Georgia's fighting capability within a mere five days using our lower grade soldiers, Georgia who was heavily armed by hardwares supplied by Turks/NATO. A lesson for those dreaming of Russian "outdated hardwares".:tup:

Georgia was not heavily armed, but it will be. This Russian War gave Turkey a new area for its sphere of influence BTW, thanks for it.
The bold part is the joke of the day.

Can you simply tell me, if Russians can design such a vehicle, then why are they buying Italian-made armored vehicles?

Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies -
Siyah Gri Beyaz: Rus Ordusu'na -this one is Turkish source-

Brothers from my country sometimes u are being too naive, Russians build everything from fighterjets, tanks, apc's, aircraft carriers, nukes, heli's, submarines they are alternative to US hardware.. and you are worrying about Cobra tech!! :rofl:
Their design capability has gone. They are buying Mistrals from France, armored cars from Italy. Their training facilities are building by Germans.
Rheinmetall Defence - 24/11/2011: Rheinmetall wins major order in Russia – Russian Army orders state-of-the-art training centre

Georgia was not heavily armed, but it will be. This Russian War gave Turkey a new area for its sphere of influence BTW, thanks for it.

Georgia was heavily armed. They were spending something like 10% of GDP on military.

Can you simply tell me, if Russians can design such a vehicle, then why are they buying Italian-made armored vehicles?

thats because Italian Iveco was better than Tigr. They will buy some until mass-production of Volk will start.

Their design capability has gone. They are buying Mistrals from France, armored cars from Italy. Their training facilities are building by Germans.
Rheinmetall Defence - 24/11/2011: Rheinmetall wins major order in Russia – Russian Army orders state-of-the-art training centre

Yes, i know, Russian MOD is doing great job :) We will continue to buy best tech around the world to save the time and enhance our capabilities :)

Lol man you really made me laugh Russians need to know how to make scout car like kobra bro take it easy and don't throw posts like this since this show you, as desperate to say we're advanced country like japan and Russia don't have what we have anyway good luck.

Keep laughing, Nevermind but Don't post such things before reading what I have mentioned in previous pages. I mean Don't make me to type same things again and again cause of putting same things on a lazy members head. Just check previous pages to get it...

BTW, It isn't the actual point wheather Russia really need know-how of Cobra or any other armoured vehicles. They have industry enough to develop such things but not on par with NATO standarts cause of the specifications I have typed above(At least not now, They need time). Russia don't have an armoured vehicle which is on par with Otokar Cobra or BMC Vuran. (That's why, They order too many NATO products such as Italian IVECO armoured vehicles to increase their abilities...etc ) That doesn't mean Russia can't develop but Russia wants to enjoy with state of art NATO technologies instead of repeating himself with Soviet based systems...

Secondly, The Turkish missile you quoted is the first 2,75 inch semi active laser and MEMS guided missile that passed into serial production phase in all WORLD.

About the sentences You point them like "Turkey is as advanced as Japan or Russia". It is about the points of your comprehension ability. I never mentioned such a thing in this thread or any other threads I opened in PDF. I mean It is your problem, not mine. What I mean with my threads are Turkey is as advanced as proceeding her own designs instead of ordering such toys from abroad at this moment. It has nothing to do with measure your d@ck with Russia or Japan. That's what I mean for the people who is able to get some basic skills of comprehension technics...

thats because Italian Iveco was better than Tigr. They will buy some until mass-production of Volk will start.

Yes, i know, Russian MOD is doing great job :) We will continue to buy best tech around the world to save the time and enhance our capabilities :)

Lol man, your inability of comprehending what u read made me laugh too..Please show me who underestimated Russia or who said Turkey is better than Russia etc..as S-19 said It is normal Russia would have interest in NATO hardwares, be it Turkey's or anybody else's..and this thread is merely about it..Good luck with your imaginery dream world man lol

Would you please show me a similar class vehicles designed by Russia with a V Shape body to protect the soldiers from IED-Mine explosions with a satisfactory AP munition protection level in a 5 tonnes body ? Personelly, I don't worry about stealing Cobra technologies but giving satisfactory reasons under lights of some informations to clarify the meaning of thread's pictures I have posted...

does this vehicle has special bottom to protect it (up to a degree ) from mine explosions?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom