What's new

Russia's Fourth-Gen Fighter Could Be The Best Thing On The Market

gpit

Reaction score
Russia's Fourth-Gen Fighter Could Be The Best Thing On The Market

Robert Johnson | Apr. 22, 2013, 6:45 AM

Of the jets in production that promise to take military fighters deep into the 21st century and beyond, the U.S. F-35, the Chinese J-20, and the Russian Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA are at the top of the heap.

Unfortunately, there are problems with all three fifth-generation planes and the F-35 in particular is having global buyers back away much faster than it would like.

Russia is looking to fill this gap with a known and dependable jet, the Su-35, to which it added cutting edge avionics and amenities for the 21st century.

Dewline reports that a pilot who took the Su-35 for a spin was blown away by the jet's abilities and its low fuel consumption even at speeds faster than the speed of sound.

It's not a fifth-generation plane like the F-35, with all the attendant problems. It is a 4++ generation plane with all the tried and true basics overlaid with cutting edge avionics and navigation equipment.

It's hard to tell which is the better jet, but one of them has no problem flying and that's an issue the F-35 can't seem to shake.

Sukhoi Su-35 Competes With The F-35 - Business Insider

airsu-35armedaamstestflightlg.jpg

while-america-uses-the-f-22-fifth-generation-fighter-and-struggles-to-get-the-f-35-in-the-air-russsia-is-beefing-up-the-su-35s-into-4-generation-fighters.jpg

the-su-35s-employs-the-known-technology-of-fourth-generation-fighters-with-additions-at-the-fifth-generation-level-that-could-in-fact-make-them-an-all-around-better-jet.jpg

a-us-pilot-with-tactical-air-support-took-the-su-35-for-a-spin-and-was-shocked-at-its-abilities.jpg

the-russian-jet-holds-as-much-fuel-as-an-older-american-f-14-but-goes-through-it-far-more-slowly.jpg

the-su-35-tops-out-at-mach-25-with-a-range-of-1900-miles-compared-to-f-35s-1200-mph-and-1380-mile-range.jpg

both-jets-can-slip-into-thickly-defended-ground-targets-and-could-be-equally-as-efficient-at-taking-them-out.jpg

russia-hoped-to-capture-a-third-of-the-fifth-generation-stealth-fighter-market-with-its-t-50-but-it-may-be-able-to-do-that-with-its-upgraded-su-35-and-avionics-packages.jpg

dude, the 6th and 8th photo is PAK-FA

Are you saying PAK-FA is 4th Gen??

that's a lie, i seen an american documentary that says f-35 and f-22 are the best thing since slice bread.

Would an American lie to me?

Secrets of Future Airpower HD - YouTube

Of all the american made top10 weapons (jets, tanks, rifles)etc. documentries have never seen a russian equipment above 5th place and not a single chinese equipment on the list.

Self proclaiming documentries.:coffee:

Of all the american made top10 weapons (jets, tanks, rifles)etc. documentries have never seen a russian equipment above 5th place and not a single chinese equipment on the list.

Self proclaiming documentries.:coffee:

are you saying Americans are not unbiased? Are you saying Americans are also self centered? Wow buddy that's an accusation I cannot accept.

you see this, it proves American supremecy in air. Laser weapons are also used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUwxDhE1kU

are you saying Americans are not unbiased? Are you saying Americans are also self centered? Wow buddy that's an accusation I cannot accept.

I am saying americans are biased and The documentries they show on national geography channel are the advertisements for their weapons

The Su-35 is ONE of the best fighters in the market. But, why is Russia not using the variant with canards. With it, makes the plane more better looking.

Anyway, I wonder if India would buy it.

The Su-35 is ONE of the best fighters in the market. But, why is Russia not using the variant with canards. With it, makes the plane more better looking.

Anyway, I wonder if India would buy it.

Didn't China buy Su-35's? I guess they came to realize their propaganda weapons isn't scaring anyone. :)

Didn't China buy Su-35's? I guess they came to realize their propaganda weapons isn't scaring anyone. :)

China bought it because the Russians wanted more money for their developing economy. Nothing wrong with that. Anyway, US military uses German and Belgian guns.

China bought it because the Russians wanted more money for their developing economy.

This is interesting, so you claim this was a hand-out to Russia? Do you have a source for that claim?

PLAAF bought the Su-35s for its powerplant. :coffee:

China can bought engines from Russia if they want to.... They have long history of importing Russian engine.

But if that makes you feel good then no problem.

Back
Top Bottom