What's new

SAAB offers Gripen at half of Rafale cost, with full tech transfer, local production to India

LCA all the way. India not going to buy more foreign planes except few more Rafales and 5th Gens.

LCA all the way. India not going to buy more foreign planes except few more Rafales and 5th Gens.

No more Rafales. They are too expensive and won't be delivered until UAE's 80, Egypt's 30 and Greek's 6 follow on orders have been completed. That is India would only get any new Rafales after these 116 fighters have been delivered to these countries. So India will not get any new Rafales for another decade at the least.

During his visit to Sweden in June this year, Air Chief Marshal B.S. Dhanoa had expressed his displeasure with the defence major for supplying Pakistan with early warning systems and also offering Gripen fighters to India.

What a bunch of whiny cry babies these lot are......

New Delhi is of the view that it will be difficult to do business with a country that also arms the enemy.

In a bid to pacify the IAF, Ola Rignell persisted that SAAB is not selling any new products to Pakistan

Too late for that Saab the French have it all.

Indians are not even buying from the Sweden as much as Swedes wish and still trying to blackmail the Swedes. Serves the Swedes right for putting all the eggs in the one basket as if i am not mistaken Saab NG was updated keeping in mind Indian market and was not offered to us. Thought buyers always have more options and here Seller tried to limit herself, what a foolish company management.

During his visit to Sweden in June this year, Air Chief Marshal B.S. Dhanoa had expressed his displeasure with the defence major for supplying Pakistan with early warning systems and also offering Gripen fighters to India.

What a bunch of whiny cry babies these lot are......

New Delhi is of the view that it will be difficult to do business with a country that also arms the enemy.

In a bid to pacify the IAF, Ola Rignell persisted that SAAB is not selling any new products to Pakistan

Too late for that Saab the French have it all.
you'd expect a major buyer to try and get some leverage when discussing arms purchases of this level, nothing "crybaby".. just statecraft as usual.

you'd expect a major buyer to try and get some leverage when discussing arms purchases of this level, nothing "crybaby".. just statecraft as usual.

The problem is they refused the Grippens to the PAF yet the IAF still didn't buy....Hence it's just crying, there was no serious intent.

The problem is they refused the Grippens to the PAF yet the IAF still didn't buy....Hence it's just crying, there was no serious intent.
Is PAF interested in Gripen? I thought PAF would prefer Chinese jets from henceforth. It will not be subject to sanctions and will have commonality in parts and weapons with JF-17!

Is PAF interested in Gripen? I thought PAF would prefer Chinese jets from henceforth. It will not be subject to sanctions and will have commonality in parts and weapons with JF-17!

I think @waz was alluding to pre JF-17 era.

Ok, then they should downgrade their ties with the US instead of licking its balls.
Indians are not only licking but also carrying those balls everywhere with their trade mark bobbing heads...... If you get my drift....
Maybe SAAB and Sweden needs to play the other way, threaten to supply offensive weapons to PAF and joining its defense programs such as Jf17, LRMP etc.
This thought can cause nightmare across the border. It might even soil countless white dhotis on dark skinny legs.

Last edited:
More like SabZee
SAAB did nto offer anything recently to pakistan . pakistan have purchased already what we need 10 years ago now they dont have anything to offer for future . just check products list .

saab-2000
an anti ship missile
two types of ATGMs
grippen
two types of trainer aircrafts
global eye
a chopper UAV
a small UAV
an air to surface missile

i think nothign is gonna purchased sooner from these items . paksitan have tons of more advance systems now in hands from china .

SAAB did nto offer anything recently to pakistan . pakistan have purchased already what we need 10 years ago now they dont have anything to offer for future . just check products list .

saab-2000
an anti ship missile
two types of ATGMs
grippen
two types of trainer aircrafts
global eye
a chopper UAV
a small UAV
an air to surface missile

i think nothign is gonna purchased sooner from these items . paksitan have tons of more advance systems now in hands from china .

SAAB was saying that they will no longer sell to Pakistan and I was thinking what do they have to sell, that Pakistan needs. Seems like pure sales propaganda.

SAAB was saying that they will no longer sell to Pakistan and I was thinking what do they have to sell, that Pakistan needs. Seems like pure sales propaganda.
they dont have anything which pakistan will rush . their jewel of crown saab-2000 AWACS - RBS-70 - and in past they give us MFI-17 which we are earning money even today . what else we want from them ? :partay:.

india should ask SAAB how you give pakistan MFI-17 that pakistan is earning hundreds of millions of dollars even today .PAC is busy with qatar /turkey massive order of super mashaqs .

now we will go to buy these 2-4 missiles from them and that toy chopper UAV ?

saab have already did bewafai with india

1638678960816.png

1638679076185.png

1638679144604.png

Back
Top Bottom