What's new

Sahara group takes over New York's iconic Plaza hotel

been there done that, Hotel Roosevelt in New York owned by PIA for last 30 years and recently sold
glad you guys are following us, good luck in hospitality management

No PIA did not sell Hotel Roosevelt.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3654774 said:
old building should be demolished

Are you nuts ? :blink:

This is indeed a proud moment. We Indians are now rising. Hopefully one day my country's flag will be all over the world. Hopefully before my death I will see the same India that my elders saw a few hundred years ago. With a population of 1.3 billion we have only 15 crore people actually contributing to Indian economy. The day 100% Indians join the Indian financial sector and become educated not even God can stop this nation from taking over the world.

India shall rise and become the most formidable nation in the world.

This is indeed a proud moment. We Indians are now rising. Hopefully one day my country's flag will be all over the world. Hopefully before my death I will see the same India that my elders saw a few hundred years ago. With a population of 1.3 billion we have only 15 crore people actually contributing to Indian economy. The day 100% Indians join the Indian financial sector and become educated not even God can stop this nation from taking over the world.

India shall rise and become the most formidable nation in the world.

Lol yeah rite by buying a hotel- :lol:-

Lol yeah rite by buying a hotel- :lol:-

It is not the sole act of buying a hotel that the @karan21 is referring to but the symbology of such an act-the most iconic hotel in Manhattan,NYC if not the world, and he is commentating on the much wider such trend all around the world. This just shows that India is emerging- that Indian firms are buying companies like JLR, Aston Martin, are investing in companies like Pixar etc India is on a shopping spree! This spending literally buys freinds and influence and is invaluble for a nation's image and soft power.

Last edited by a moderator:
dude one of the flag on hotel will be Indian with USA flag........

Only when there are Indian high profile guest residing. Or else flags keep changing based on high profile international dignitories/guest. UN being in nyc this is pretty common in NY hotels.

Only static flags arE 'STARS N STRIPES' and NY state flag!

I dont like sahara, they are a bunch of crooks, I cant believe they are allowed to buy assets overseas. Its another satyam waiting to happen.

It is not the sole act of buying a hotel that the @karan21 is referring to but the symbology of such an act-the most iconic hotel in Manhattan,NYC if not the world, and he is commentating on the much wider such trend all around the world. This just shows that India is emerging- that Indian firms are buying companies like JLR, Aston Martin, are investing in companies like Pixar etc India is on a shopping spree! This spending literally buys freinds and influence and is invaluble for a nation's image and soft power.

He doesnt understand the concept the soft and hard power. This hotel is just one thing. The over all picture is much more revealing. India needs to spread its wings all over the world. Its time we need to take steps and contribute in Indian economy. Every one has a role to play for India and we should all work for our nation whether stay in Canada or India or Japan. I would love to see Indianess all over the world both in financial and cultural world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to Indians, but I do not think Pakistanis would be welcomed there. Lets hope its not so.

Any ways congrats.

Congrats to Indians, but I do not think Pakistanis would be welcomed there. Lets hope its not so.

Any ways congrats.
Pay money and stay........................it doesn't matter whether you are Indian,Pakistani or Chinese........................

Any ways congrats.

No discrimination. Its simply "PAY AND STAY".
Even Somalians and North Koreans can do just that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom