What's new

Salahudin Ayubi - Great Muslim Hero !!!

Saladin was great, but a bit overrated. He is glorified in Western sources because he was nice to crusaders. There were other great military leaders who were not so nice towards crusaders, for e.g. Zengi.

Saladin was great, but a bit overrated. He is glorified in Western sources because he was nice to crusaders. There were other great military leaders who were not so nice towards crusaders, for e.g. Zengi.

I'm surprised that I come across someone else on this forum who has the same opinion as me in-regards to Ayubi. :o:

Besides being nice to Crusaders; he made blunders in military planning that basically cost more blood to spilled in later wars. His personal biographer noted that he wasn't satisfied with the results, and within a decade or so later war broke out again. This is the problem not just with Ayubi with other Islamic Generals they don't cut the enemy from the roots.

I'm surprised that I come across someone else on this forum who has the same opinion as me in-regards to Ayubi. :o:

Besides being nice to Crusaders; he made blunders in military planning that basically cost more blood to spilled in later wars. His personal biographer noted that he wasn't satisfied with the results, and within a decade or so later war broke out again. This is the problem not just with Ayubi with other Islamic Generals they don't cut the enemy from the roots.

He was a great leader and visionary, but not so great on the battlefield. He had his flaws.

He lost many battles and took many casualties. However he did end up winning the war due to his political acumen and timing.

May Allah swt bless him.

He was a great leader and visionary, but not so great on the battlefield. He had his flaws.

He lost many battles and took many casualties. However he did end up winning the war due to his political acumen and timing.

May Allah swt bless him.

I wouldn't say he won the war, but their was a settlement a truce to keep things as is between both sides, Richard, had to go back and protect his throne from his brother I believe. However, while Ayubi kept Jerusalem and wasted resources to capture and hold it, the Christians consolidated their gains and taking more territory around while they were holed up in Jerusalem and Crusaders were also pretty satisfied controlling the sea ports and they also had full control of Cyprus. For the next Crusade Cyprus was the gathering zone for all Crusaders before landing back again at the ports controlled and launching another Crusade.

Coming back to modern times, now we know the significance of Cyprus and why Turkey is adamant in taking control of it and having a Turk population their. It is a vital piece of land to who ever wants to come to the Middle East and/or keep an eye on the region. But as we've seen the Middle East Sheikdoms are to stupid to realize this and are supporting others against Turkey akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

Last edited:
I think during the crusades the greatest Muslim Hero is Sultan Baibars. This dude defeated both the mongols/ crusaders when the whole muslim world was cornered. Slahudin had everything but Baibars had nothing.

I think during the crusades the greatest Muslim Hero is Sultan Baibars. This dude defeated both the mongols/ crusaders when the whole muslim world was cornered. Slahudin had everything but Baibars had nothing.

Yes, Him, Qutuz, and Berke Khan were also legendary figures. Who can forget Ibn Taymiya.

I'd look at it as everyone had a role, e.g., Salahuddin, Qutuz, Baibars, Khalji, etc.

Yup, I think he shouldnt give medicine to the crusader leader (I forgot his name) that have slaughtered many Muslim soldiers in other town despite that town has surrendered.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom