What's new

Salman Rushdie attack was unjustifiable, says Pakistan’s Imran Khan

For example what will happen if you speak against holocaust event in West? They will fire you from your job or kick you out of collage, is this not violence, terrorism?
If the speech is on my personal time, in my own space and not at work or in a business, then I would condemn punitive actions taken by employers as well.

But getting fired is not the same as getting stabbed, murdered or mutilated, If you think losing a job is the same as losing your life or your limbs, then you need to reassess your own moral compass.

I can give you many justifications but I don't want to, you can ask people with Islamic knowledge to explain you this issue.
There is nothing you or 'people with Islamic knowledge' can say to justify violence and murder as a response to speech. If you do, then you and these so called 'people with Islamic knowledge' are justifying criminal activity, extremism and violence.

Please, go ahead and try.

If the speech is on my personal time, in my own space and not at work or in a business, then I would condemn punitive actions taken by employers as well.

But getting fired is not the same as getting stabbed, murdered or mutilated, If you think losing a job is the same as losing your life or your limbs, then you need to reassess your own moral compass.
They will fire you even if you did it in your personal space or time and they get ro know about it, and you could do nothing, they will treat you like a criminal, even their judiciary will.
I was just giving you an example, you may well be attacked if you speak against holocaust in public.

There is nothing you or 'people with Islamic knowledge' can say to justify violence and murder as a response to speech. If you do, then you and these so called 'people with Islamic knowledge' are justifying criminal activity, extremism and violence.

Please, go ahead and try.
You will also be punished physically and charged if you speak openly against the Queen in England.

They will fire you even if you did it in your personal space or time and they get ro know about it, and you could do nothing, they will treat you like a criminal, even their judiciary will.
I was just giving you an example, you may well be attacked if you speak against holocaust in public.

You will also be punished physically and charged if you speak openly against the Queen in England.
I would condemn the above if they occurred as well

So, where is your condemnation of the violent attack on Salman Rushdie, or any other individual accused of Blasphemy?

I would condemn the above if they occurred as well

So, where is your condemnation of the violent attack on Salman Rushdie, or any other individual accused of Blasphemy?
They have been occurring time and time again you can search.
They even fire Teachers in US questoning holocaust.

Very good points @AgNoStiC MuSliM kudos!
Please remember that this (Imran Khan) is the man that the US government conspired with the Pakistani Army leadership to overthrow.

So when the West asks why more leaders in the Islamic world don’t speak up unequivocally against violence such as that directed against Salman Rushdie or the Danish cartoonist, you know it’s because Western powers would prefer corrupt politicians and brutal autocrats willing to sell out their countries over principled leaders that could genuinely bring about reform.

They have been occurring time and time again you can search.
They even fire Teachers in US questoning holocaust.
I’ve already said I would condemn such acts in the West - where is your condemnation for the violence directed against Salman Rushdie and others accused of blasphemy?

Please remember that this (Imran Khan) is the man that the US government conspired with the Pakistani Army leadership to overthrow.

So when the West asks why more leaders in the Islamic world don’t speak up unequivocally against violence such as that directed against Salman Rushdie or the Danish cartoonist, you know it’s because Western powers would prefer corrupt politicians and brutal autocrats willing to sell out their countries over principled leaders that could genuinely bring about reform.
Stop this western nonsense, why does west not condemn the violence done by Isreal? Infact they support Isreal and support the killing done by them. Why don't they condemn India? West has killed millions of people in past decades, what nonsense of condemning violence you are talking about?

Stop this western nonsense, why does west not condemn the violence done by Isreal? Why don't they condemn India? They have killed millions of people in past decades, what nonsense of condemning violence you are talking about?
So you’re saying that you are going to support violence and injustice because the West doesn’t condemn India or Israel?

So you’re just as much of a criminal and hypocrite as they are then.

Salman Rushdie attack was unjustifiable, says Pakistan’s Imran Khan​

In a wide-ranging Guardian interview, the former prime minister say he understands anger The Satanic Verses created ‘but you can’t justify what happened’

Pakistan’s former prime minister Imran Khan has condemned the attack on Salman Rushdie, describing it as “terrible” and “sad”, and saying that while the anger of the Islamic world at Rushdie’s book The Satanic Verses was understandable, it could not justify the assault.

Khan also said he expected Afghan women to “assert their rights” in the face of Taliban restrictions in a Guardian interview in which he sought to moderate his reputation as a firebrand. He is fighting for his political survival after being ousted from office in April. Khan says his staff and followers are being persecuted and intimidated and he is battling eight-year-old charges of illicit campaign financing that could lead to him being banned from politics.

Ten years ago, Khan pulled out of an event in India because Rushdie would also be appearing and the two men exchanged insults, but Khan does not appear to have expressed support for violent action against the Indian-born author. His denunciation of the attack is striking, however, in a region where most politicians have ducked comment.

Asked for his response to the knife attack in New York state that left Rushdie badly wounded, Khan said: “I think it’s terrible, sad.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...from-civil-unrest-after-ousting-of-imran-khan
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...from-civil-unrest-after-ousting-of-imran-khan
“Rushdie understood, because he came from a Muslim family. He knows the love, respect, reverence of a prophet that lives in our hearts. He knew that,” Khan said. “So the anger I understood, but you can’t justify what happened.”

Ful report:

I personally condemned what the SR said/wrote/did. For every Muslim that was a despicable act,
Punishing such a person is not an individual's responsibility but the government of the country of citizenship of the accused.

What is your opinion, that the IK's statement is wrong or right?

So you’re saying that you are going to support violence and injustice because the West doesn’t condemn India or Israel?

I do not support violence or injustice, but
blasphemy is a crime that must be punished.

I have a question for you, what if someone call your mother or sister, daughter, something really bad? Or maybe openly say something bad about them in public? Or write a really vulgar book about them, what will you do?

I have a question for you, what if someone call your mother or sister, daughter, something really bad? Or maybe openly say something bad about them in public? Or write a really vulgar book about them, what will you do?
Take whatever recourse the law allows me and probably just respond to them in tHe same way if it occurred in person.

I would not resort to violence unless I or someone else was in danger of physical harm and only do so as self defense.

See, not that hard is it?

I do not support violence or injustice, but
blasphemy is a crime that must be punished.
It should be punished per the laws of the territory that individual is in, not by a mob or random individuals.

Take whatever recourse the law allows me and probably just respond to them in tHe same way if it occurred in person.

I would not resort to violence unless I or someone else was in danger of physical harm and only do so as self defense.

See, not that hard is it?
Well what if there is no law for such issue.
You will respond them is same way like use some abusive word?
You are messed up I would say. People with even little dignity will not let any such thing go and will resort to violence.

Well what if there is no law for such issue.
You will respond them is same way like use some abusive word?
You are messed up I would say. People with even little dignity will not let any such thing go and will resort to violence.
Those people need to be removed from society before they seriously injure or kill someone.

How can someone condone violence of this sort?

Masla us kay aur Allah kay darmyan hai.

The world had forgotten about him, but some dude just had to make him relevant again.

Imran Khan says the attack is unjustifiable, he is pandering to the West. IK says he support this, Imran Khan is supporting violence. Razia ata goondhtay huay hil kyun rahi hai...same situation applies here.

Back
Top Bottom