What's new

Salman Rushdie on Pakistan

well how would India react when James Laine (who was the center of a major controversy in India for his book "Shivaji") was given a Knighthood for his literature??

I will be waiting for a rational answer

I can tell you exactly what would happen here. A few political parties would get upset. The rest of the country wouldn't even care.

well how would India react when James Laine (who was the center of a major controversy in India for his book "Shivaji") was given a Knighthood for his literature??

I will be waiting for a rational answer

You'll be amazed to know Shiv Senas stance against the author was criticized by populist Indian media.

I can tell you exactly what would happen here. A few political parties would get upset. The rest of the country wouldn't even care.

I dont think so

"The publication of the book was followed by heavy criticism and the attack on the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute in Pune, India[4]. In view of the attacks and the public unrest, the book was banned in the Indian state of Maharashtra in January 2004. "

So i will ask you again, This just happened when the book was published, what will happen when he gets a Knighthood for his literature??

Rushdie talks every now and then like a security dog which has to howl few times a night in order to get a pat on the back and his next meal from his master.

Looks like Knighthood is the British version of Nobel prize.:lol:

Hez British lackey,thats all.

It's high time that we stop caring what these idiots in the west do. It's pretty sad that they hold enough status in this world to stir up and divide other nations with pieces of ribbon and shiny trickets.

Looks like Knighthood is the British version of Nobel prize.:lol:

Hez British lackey,thats all.

I don't know why you say that? Just check out the Knighthoods that's been given to various people. This man is a distinguished author and more deserving than many others.

Also I don't think we should pass judgement to British when we ourselves give away state award to petty criminals.

I dont think so

"The publication of the book was followed by heavy criticism and the attack on the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute in Pune, India[4]. In view of the attacks and the public unrest, the book was banned in the Indian state of Maharashtra in January 2004. "

So i will ask you again, This just happened when the book was published, what will happen when he gets a Knighthood for his literature??

So why something happened to State of Maharashtra is taken as view of India as a whole? Marathis are bit too sensitive about Shivaji, like us Bengalis are about Tagore.

Rushdie talks every now and then like a security dog which has to howl few times a night in order to get a pat on the back and his next meal from his master.

he is popular due to that royal pinch collar around his neck :lol:

why do people take him seriously, he has no idea what he's talking about... like a dog barking at a tree...and the queen gave him knighthood, WTF?

WE SHOULD TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY BECAUSE HE SLANDERED PAKISTAN IN PUBLIC TV

HE SHOULD BE CORRECTED AND MADE TO APOLOGISE

ANYONE WHO LIES LIKE THIS SHOULD BE MADE TO APOLOGISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So why something happened to State of Maharashtra is taken as view of India as a whole? Marathis are bit too sensitive about Shivaji, like us Bengalis are about Tagore.

Like we Muslim are about our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

so if Pakistan consists of 97 % Muslims, so apparently whole Pakistan will be sensitive about that isnt it??

Like we Muslim are about our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

so if Pakistan consists of 97 % Muslims, so apparently whole Pakistan will be sensitive about that isnt it??

Be sensitive, you have the right to be sensitive. But you shouldn't expect everyone around the world to be careful to your sensitiveness when the realm of sensitiveness getting broader day by day.

I don't know why you say that? Just check out the Knighthoods that's been given to various people. This man is a distinguished author and more deserving than many others.

Also I don't think we should pass judgement to British when we ourselves give away state award to petty criminals.

My bad!Wrong choice of words i guess

My perspective was that thanks to way he talks,people will see an analogy between Nobel prize and Knighthood.

is there any ability for pakistani's to correct him - this is really a ridiculous slander

Back
Top Bottom