What's new

Samsung Beats Apple

IndoCarib

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
The new numbers are out and Samsung is now a stronger number one.

According to the second quarter 2012 numbers from the analysts at IDC, Samsung has increased their smartphones sales numbers over rivals Apple, Nokia, Research in Motion and HTC.

The South Korean powerhouse shipped just over 50 million units in the second quarter. Apple shipped 26 million. Nokia's 10.2 million, HTC's 8.8 million and ZTE 8 million rounded out the other major players out of a total of 154 million units shipped.

In terms of percentages:

Samsung 32.6%

Apple 16.9%

Nokia 6.6

HTC 5.7%

ZTE 5.2%

All Others 32.9%

Samsung and Apple combined account for nearly half of all smartphones sold.

This is Chinese manufacturer ZTE's first showing in the top five beating out better known rivals such as Motorola and LG.

Samsung Beats Apple. Leads 2Q Smartphone Shipments | Blogs

:yahoo:

Its not a surpise as samsung producing smart phones in large quantity in price range between £50 and £
420 for all customers while apple phone comes once in a year and its for those who can afford it. Example of apple vs samsung is like iranian vs bollywood movies. Bolywood just like samsung produce a large quantity but very few of them hav quality
..only S series of samsung can compete with apples and rest thousands mobile products of samsung are just cheap products without quality

I just got samsung galaxy S3, it is far better than i phone 4s and taking over maket rapidly

Its not a surpise as samsung producing smart phones in large quantity in price range between £50 and £
420 for all customers while apple phone comes once in a year and its for those who can afford it. Example of apple vs samsung is like iranian vs bollywood movies. Bolywood just like samsung produce a large quantity but very few of them hav quality
..only S series of samsung can compete with apples and rest thousands mobile products of samsung are just cheap products without quality
Retards, retards everywhere. Lol illiterate iSheep.

I just got samsung galaxy S3, it is far better than i phone 4s and taking over maket rapidly
True that. Dad got one, it's the most amazing phone I've ever touched(or that currently exists)

I love Android (G1 was my first android phone then Nexus S and now Galaxy Nexus - I did use Atrix for a short period but i needed developer edition so sold it..Samsung is best OEM for Android Phones IMHO.).

Nope - Samsung provides good quality phones in all price segments.You can't expect Samsung to put a dual core processor or Super Amoled Plus Display in a 100$ phone.

Galaxy s3 is awesome but its success mostly relies on the time period it was released. Iphone 4s was outdated and had the same shape as 4. samsung galaxy offered a new design and new features. however i think apple will take the 1st position again this fall. Not only is there IOS 6, Iphone 5 but tim crook is working on a new product.

Samsung smartphones are Just getting better. IF iphone fans want to go into detail about what is so special about iphone I shall list them and you may counter reply.

Folks there is nothing special inside that heavy ibox nor nothing revolutionary it is Just another smartphone.

How can isheeps say it competes with Samsung or HTC top of the line smartphones when its ram is low its processor is the slowest there are two major points that put iphone behind, not to forget the screen that many sets get yellowish after certain time and the only option is to take it back to where you bought it and get a replacement.

We agree it has a brand name tired to steve jobs that is all and burgers/isheeps across the world are fans of apple products regardless of their common specifications. It is absurd to say quality of other smartphones are bad all smartphones have to pass a standard test before being approved to be into production by a world standard body for communication devices.

Apple's main priority isn't market share, they cater to a specific niche in the market.

Idk how far this is true but I can tell you that in my case I am waiting for the iPhone 5 which is speculated to come out in Q3/4 2012 so those who would ordinarily buy an iPhone may have decided to hold-off until iPhone 5. This is a possibility I can't say for sure and I'd have to look at iPhone sales figures in the months leading up to the last few iPhone launches.

Nope - Samsung provides good quality phones in all price segments.You can't expect Samsung to put a dual core processor or Super Amoled Plus Display in a 100$ phone.

I personally used many Samsung phones from galaxy Europa(cost only £40) to galaxy ace(£120) and s1 and s2 and i own htc one s right now but i still think S series of Samsung is real competitor of apple/htc phones. I am not a fans of apple but i don't think its fair to compare sales of apples with Samsung after considering the quantity of models produced by both manufactures . If you are producing 10 models in every month then sure you are going to sales more

Retards, retards everywhere. Lol illiterate iSheep.

lol behave

Samsung has a wide range of Android phones as a part of the Galaxy programme,which are majorly cost effective. The galaxy program has given them a large boost. The galaxy took the market by storm and apparently they are stopping at nothing.

Samsung is like bollywood. Produces stuff in quantity but little quality... I agree very much

Now go watch Ur 3rd grade Pakistani stage shows (with No video or Audio quality) , but dont go to a theater to watch it , nothing against it , its just U can looose a limb in a bomb attack ;)

600 million of yours cannot even afford a movie ticket. You're lucky to even go to theater once in India... :agree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom