What's new

Samsung News and Updates

i doubt that. But hey if that's what VCong want so be it. it doesn't concern me. in fact it will benefit me lol.

We are happy to have you get benefit.
You are so kindness.

How can it benefit you if you live in Canada?
because integration of Canada's economy with US. because of past canadian economic policies, the government sold out to America. If US prosper so will Canada. If US sneezes canada can catch a cold.

Smartphone assembly plant using Vietnamese manual labor and imported materials. Profits go back to South Korea.
We all know about that, it is not something to be proud as a Vietnamese. However, it brings a lot of jobs to locals and some good development.

I am not Samsung fan but Japan brand fan.
Recently, Sanyo home appliance brand was sold to Haier. So I must choose other brands prior to Sanyo.
Some new design is impractical and cheapy.
Haier is not a bad brand, but the quality of its brand depend on Matsushita/Panasonic circuit inside. That maybe what Japan benefit from.

Great! This will allow Samsung to expand their collection of phone models to include every letter of the alphabet, every word in the English dictionary, and every number combination. /s

Samsung Galaxy A to Z, Note, Plus, Active, Pro, Mini/Mega/Grand/Pocket, Ace/Duo/Exhibit/Core/Avant/Star/Young/Neo/Zoom...

Vietnam will help Samsung churn out more overpriced low end smartphones to complement the hundreds of overpriced mid-range phones already coming out of South Korea.

Of course, other than S and Note series NONE of those phones will have any kind of support at all. No updates, and their customer service does not even know what phone their customers are using without giving them a cryptic model number because they have ridiculously many models.

It also doesn't help that all those phones look just like their flagship phones...and are only differentiated by purposefully using low quality plastic or deliberately making the phone ugly by leaving extra thick bezels, etc.

This is why Samsung's profit plunged recently while nearly every other phone manufacturers are having record sales and/or profit focusing on 2 to 4 models, making sure they're decently supported, give them all decent design, use good quality material (even if it is just slightly higher end plastic) and charge a reasonable price.

Xiaomi, Lenovo / Motorola, Huawei, Oppo / OnePlus, HTC, LG, and all the Indian phone re-branding companies are all doing well capitalizing on Samsung's mistakes. Sony is losing money but their phones do have a minimum standard and they are not spamming the market to make money.

My last Samsung phone is not a smartphone.
It works well with long battery life and fidelity voice quality.

Now it's the toy for my son to play with. still works well.

Yes, and the more they are opening up, as they are doing, the more profits will go abroad.

Depends on if you have your own design and branding. The profits from Huawei, Lenovo, Xiaomi, etc. stay in the country. Vietnam has no comparable brands. Also, there are no component manufacturers in Vietnam, whereas Huawei, SMIC, BOE, etc. are component manufacturers for chipsets, displays, etc. Even Foxconn makes its own components like PCBs and accessories.

Also, there are no component manufacturers in Vietnam, whereas Huawei, SMIC, BOE, etc. are component manufacturers for chipsets, displays, etc. Even Foxconn makes its own components like PCBs and accessories.

That's why I was puzzled with Samsung's recent series of investments in VN. Surely they are aware of the ongoing TPP negotiation. I'm not sure what plans they have for their supply chains.

And I thought Foxconn was Taiwanese?

Hence, no more components will be imported from China. But @Viet thinks China will still be a source of import even after TPP.
what isn´t allowed to import from China or any other countries if we enter TPP? what is the difference of TPP to our pacts with ASEAN, China, Korea, Europe, Russia, India, etc?

And your state owned companies are doing well, fool? :lol:

Your commie govt is begging everyone for money these days.
no, the state owned companies suck. they are inefficient and make loss. good, the government clears now them from debts before privatizes them.

begging?
why is it bad if our politicians promote vietnam as investment destinations in overseas?
what is the difference to Xi Jinping overseas trips promoting made in china stuffs?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom