کیا تمناِ شہادت بھی کِسی کے دِل میں ہے
دل میں طوفانوں کی تولی اور نسوں میں انقلاب
ھوش دشمن کے اڑا دیں گے ھمیں روکو نہ آج
دور رہ پائے جو ہم سے دم کہاں منزل میں ہے

وہ جِسم بھی کیا جِسم ہے جس میں نہ ہو خونِ جنون
طوفانوں سے کیا لڑے جو کشتیِ ساحل میں ہے

سرفروشی کی تمنا اب ہمارے دل میں ہے
دیکھنا ہے زور کتنا بازوئے قاتل میں ہے​

This is one of the favourite songs and I was able to find the urdu version of it for Pakistani friends.

[/COLOR]and the new one:
This one rocks...

Last edited by a moderator:
ok....INDIAN song to depict PAKISTANI PATRIOTISM....something is wrong somewhere.....i can't put my finger on it...

Last edited:
^^^

A song written by a muslim in pre partition india... hmmmm... what hurts that its anti taliban :)

^^ ohh that fixes it all...pre partition,muslim,anti taliban......

the way i see it is INDIAN song....written for INDIA(time line doesn't matter)....anti taliban lol....well we can get the ali hamza song for anti taliban baba Bhenc***d....

as for anti taliban we can even get them tum hi saay aae mujhaidoo(showing our soldiers)..and so many more...i think we have plenty of options...we DON'T need no INDIAN song!!!

certainly not to show OUR PATRIOTISM

^^^

A song written by a muslim in pre partition india... hmmmm... what hurts that its anti taliban :)
This poem was not written by a Muslim, but by Ram Prasad Bismil (Bismil Azimabadi). Bismil was a great freedom fighter and a hero who robbed the treasure train (Kakori train incident) back in 1925. He was caught along with his comrades and all, Ram Prasad, Ashfaqullah, Roshan Singh and Rajendra Lahiri were sentenced to death. Ram Parsad was hanged by the British in 1927. He was a great freedom fighter and a very good poet.

ha ha ha..

We still sing saare Jahan Se Achcha... even after the subsequent 'enlightnment' of the poet later when he left India for Europe :)

And Rabindranath's Amar shona Bangla is BD's national anthem.

There's no limit to how ugly or how beautiful patriotism can be made.

This poem was not written by a Muslim, but by Ram Prasad Bismil (Bismil Azimabadi). Bismil was a great freedom fighter and a hero who robbed the treasure train (Kakori train incident) back in 1925. He was caught along with his comrades and all, Ram Prasad, Ashfaqullah, Roshan Singh and Rajendra Lahiri were sentenced to death. Ram Parsad was hanged by the British in 1927. He was a great freedom fighter and a very good poet.

Thanks Qsaark,but you are aware there's controvercy on this. People believe Bismil Azimabadi is a separate person from Ram Prasad Bismil, who popularised it? And that he adopted the name Bismil to honor Bismil Azimabadi?

And coming back to the contention that the song is written for 'India' and hence can not used by Pakistanis... how much can this be stretched? So Ram Prasad Bismil was a freedom fighter or was he a Hindu Indian terrorist? And Ashfakulla Khan? You know what i mean? :lol:

How much in fact all the classical Urdu literature was produced in pre-partitioned India, and we proudly own it. So why can not we own this song? Unfortunately, this is the ugliness of politics. All of those who struggled for the freedom of united India from the British colonial rule, Hindus and Muslim alike were great people, all are heroes and honorable. It was only the shortsightedness and intolerance of Nehru and Patel and Liaquat Ali Khan and others, that the country got divided. One of my colleague Dr. Singh, and I discuss for hours on these issues, but in past 4 or so years, we could never reach to a solution. I guess, we have to learn to live like this, perhaps forever.

Last edited:
qsaaark sir,

are you trying to say that partition was a mistake?

as for patriotism.....

well BHAGAT SINGH,MANGAL PANDEY etc...are SOLELY indian freedom movement heroes....for PAKISTANIS i think QUAID-E-AZAM & HIS COLLEAGUES ARE our HEROES period....

as for songs...well i don't think indians will sing DIL DIL PAKISTANI JAAN JAAN PAKISTAN.....

we separated for a reason....we cannot let it go away now can we.... patriotism cannot be imported...no matter the world might follow the US in everything but will not sing their national anthem or patriotic songs now or does it??

A great rendition of "Sarfaroshi Ki Tammanna" from the movie "Rang de basanti":

Last edited by a moderator:
are you trying to say that partition was a mistake?
I am saying that partition was avoidable if Muslims and Hindus were more tolerant towards each other. If the two nations could live alongside for 1000 years, why they could not live after 1940? There is one history that we read in our Schools, and there is another history that is found the books other than the text books.

as for patriotism.....

well BHAGAT SINGH,MANGAL PANDEY etc...are SOLELY indian freedom movement heroes....for PAKISTANIS i think QUAID-E-AZAM & HIS COLLEAGUES ARE our HEROES period....
The first and foremost goal of the Indians (Muslims and Hindus alike) was to liberate their country from the British occupation. Hence in 1857, both the nations fought side by side against the British. Therefore it is not correct to say that the Hindu freedom fighters are not our heroes. The history of the Muslims of Indo-Pak does not start on August 14, 1947 but much before that. The question of the separation of India arose much later, in fact until the failure of the Cabinet Mission, even Jinnah was using the demand of a separate homeland for the Muslims as a political card to gain as much leverage for the Muslims of the India as possible. If it was not the shortsightedness of Nehru, and if the Cabinet mission had not failed, we would be the proud citizens of India today.

as for songs...well i don't think indians will sing DIL DIL PAKISTANI JAAN JAAN PAKISTAN.....
Yes, but the poem by Bismil has no such word as India in it. The poem is a gem of Urdu poetry and should be taken as such. Ironically, “dekhna ab zor kitna bazo e qaatil mein hey” is used in everyday life in Pakistan both by literate and less literate Pakistanis.

we separated for a reason....we cannot let it go away now can we.... patriotism cannot be imported...no matter the world might follow the US in everything but will not sing their national anthem or patriotic songs now or does it??
There are no two opinions on this; there were good reasons for the separation. However, we can not and must no disconnect ourselves from our past. As I mentioned earlier, all the classical work in Urdu language was done during the late 1800s and 1900s and in India. If we can own Mir Taqi Mir, Asad ullah Khan Ghalib, and Muhammad Ibrahim Zauq, why we can not own Daya Shankar Kaul Nasim, Brij Narayan Chakbast, and Tilok Chand Mahrum?

I am saying that partition was avoidable if Muslims and Hindus were more tolerant towards each other. If the two nations could live alongside for 1000 years, why they could not live after 1940? There is one history that we read in our Schools, and there is another history that is found the books other than the text books.

well because of the HINUD MUSLIM RIOTS OF 1928 when congress came into power....

and its better we got our independence...because SIR we saw babri masjid and other fricition issues between HINDU & MUSLIMS would have flared up after 1940 and would have led to alot more blood shed!!

The first and foremost goal of the Indians (Muslims and Hindus alike) was to liberate their country from the British occupation. Hence in 1857, both the nations fought side by side against the British. Therefore it is not correct to say that the Hindu freedom fighters are not our heroes. The history of the Muslims of Indo-Pak does not start on August 14, 1947 but much before that. The question of the separation of India arose much later, in fact until the failure of the Cabinet Mission, even Jinnah was using the demand of a separate homeland for the Muslims as a political card to gain as much leverage for the Muslims of the India as possible. If it was not the shortsightedness of Nehru, and if the Cabinet mission had not failed, we would be the proud citizens of India.

sir i don't know if i am speaking to an INDIAN or a PAKISTANI with a statement like this sir....i mean JINNAH if he had the aim of politically gaining power and keeping it for himself sir he would have made sure alot of "WEALTH" from a NEW country went to him and him alone & his FAMILY became the offical HEIR of the country....but none of that happened...he left nothing for himself or his family....

for me the history of PAKISTAN and our NATION starts on 14th AUGUST 1947.... pre that sir i am sorry there was no nation for me...because BALOCHISTAN were not part of pakistan neither were PAKHTOONS...if they start speaking like that then i guess they will go back and relate themselves to ALEXANDER or something....so sir BHAGAT SINGH or whoever INDIANS can respect them for me i am neutral on their stand....

its exactly the same PAKISTANIS try to relate themselves to MEHMOOD GHAZNAVI....or KHALID BIN WALEED.....

as for SHORT SIGHTEDNESS OF NEHRU...well i honestly want to thank him for it sir...because sir today i am a PROUD PAKISTANI.....and inshallah will die as one....no matter what happens.... i am proud of my green passport always was always will be!!

Yes, but the poem by Bismil has no such word as India in it. The poem is a gem of Urdu poetry and should be taken as such. Ironically, “dekhna ab zor kitna bazo e qaatil mein hey” is used in everyday life in Pakistan both by literate and less literate Pakistanis.

agreed might be good poetry but the context is debatable....

There are no two opinions on this; there were good reasons for the separation. However, we can not and must no disconnect ourselves from our past. As I mentioned earlier, all the classical work in Urdu language was done during the late 1800s and 1900s and in India. If we can own Mir Taqi Mir, Asad ullah Khan Ghalib, and Muhammad Ibrahim Zauq, why we can not own Daya Shankar Kaul Nasim, Brij Narayan Chakbast, and Tilok Chand Mahrum?

exactly my point sir if we own these great poets then why not some pashtoo poets as in AFGHANI POETS....or BALOCHI POETS who were not a part of pakistan.... everyone will head out their own way...and the NATION will exsist only on paper....pre 1940 i don't believe WE need to have history....we already see the problem with this PATHANS think of themselves as AFGHANS....URDU SPEAKING think they are upholding LUKHNOW in KARACHI...7 BALOCHIS believe they are upholding THE GREATER BLOCHISTAN.....

now as for ghalib & co...well we own them for being MUSLIMS...and this i am sorry is what is wrong with us we belive every muslim wanted PAKISTAN.....to a certain degree we might be correct but then again... you look back then i guess every small tribe community will want a part of their heritage...and the essence of the NATION of PAKISTAN gets diluted...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom