What's new

Saudi Arabia announces 20% defence budget increase

yep India & china had a war in past cant say about Saudi arabia

The war wasn't naval.

China is on the other side of the continent, it takes 6000kms to reach Gujarat coast, so why is India scared of the Chinese Navy?

Once you answer this question, you'll see the KSA vs India naval equation.

Could that be as a result of Saudi/Pakistan ever improving ties in your opinion?

If India carries out any misadventure against Saudi Arabia, Pakistan Navy's support would be on station, should KSA request it.
Keeping Pakistan aside, the RSAN views Indian Navy, especially their aircraft carriers as a major imbalance in the Indian Ocean Region, since both KSA and Pakistan have long term IOR naval ambitions.

so who is KSA enemies?
Iran?
IS?
it's own people?

lot of new shiny toys.

KSA seems to fly under the radar when it comes SHTF in ME
but we've all seen how quick crisis happens over there
of course it wouldn't be like this without foreign powers adding fuel to the fire including KSA.

The war wasn't naval.

China is on the other side of the continent, it takes 6000kms to reach Gujarat coast, so why is India scared of the Chinese Navy?

Once you answer this question, you'll see the KSA vs India naval equation.

If India carries out any misadventure against Saudi Arabia, Pakistan Navy's support would be on station, should KSA request it.
Keeping Pakistan aside, the RSAN views Indian Navy, especially their aircraft carriers as a major imbalance in the Indian Ocean Region, since both KSA and Pakistan have long term IOR naval ambitions.

both country depend on trade, 80% of indian oill come from gulf region, in case of future conflict , they could easily choke us in indian ocean, why u think they spending so much on there navy, obviously they have global ambition & why would india carry out misadventure against saudi arabia they our largest oil supplier

both country depend on trade, 80% of indian oill come from gulf region, in case of future conflict , they could easily choke us in indian ocean, why u think they spending so much on there navy, obviously they have global ambition & why would india carry out misadventure against saudi arabia they our largest oil supplier

Its called not taking a 'chance'.

History is packed with lunatics ending up in places of power, then driving those countries into the ground my mindless use of military force.

Its called not taking a 'chance'.

History is packed with lunatics ending up in places of power, then driving those countries into the ground my mindless use of military force.

But it seems Israel recent naval inductions has got Saudi Arabia all rallied up.

Last edited:
Absolute rubbish comments by aeronut. As a Pakistani, my apologizes for the extremely inappropriate and false opinion on behalf of Pakistan. Bear in mind, not every Pakistan is like the few here.

Why would India EVER go to war with Saudia? Oil? Last I heard, Saudia will be out of oil in few decades. So why the hell will Saudia be attacked by India? For the barren desert? Not to mention, any nation attacking Saudia is asking for trouble by muslim nations. Saudia is a far bigger US ally than is India. And so the Indonasian army, malay, and of course Pakistan would LOVE to come to aid and surround India.

Again, my apologizes for absolute rubbish comments/opinion by a, sadly, well known admin.

Now that being said, Saudia is getting all these because US is getting closer to Iran and western powers, which Saudia does not like at all. Saudia, like Israel, wants the western power to be very aggressive. They fear Iran getting nuclear bombs, so it is best time to get all the weapons in hand. Also note, this subs and whatnot take years to be made. They can't be bought off the shelf. Plus, it makes Iran think twice about acquiring nuclear bombs.

80.8 billion dollars will make Saudi the 3rd largest military spender in the world, overtake Russia's position

Giri Rajendran: 2013’s top defence-spenders | IISS

MB2014-Top-15-Defence-budgets-NEW.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom