What's new

Saudi Arabia buys the full Grom-2 missile project

And im talking about engine tests. Official video released by Ukrainian factory said the engine demonstrator failed and exploded during second test run and commision investigated reason of failure.

The video you posted is reuploaded air-defence drill video with fake title.

There were never any official claims from Ukraine that they ever did any test launches of Grom-2 missiles. The "SAM Dnipro" is another fantasy Ukrainian paper project.
I know that Russians don't like anything made by Ukrainians nowadays.. just try to keep an open mind about it.. they have always been excellent in missile engines..now it is only the last Russian missile project that has Russian engine.. Was Russia putting its entire nuclear deterrence fate on bad Ukrainian missile engines?
I do not know about the video but the first launcher looks exactly like the Grom-2 launcher shown in the pictures..

Last edited:
I know that Russians don't like anything made by Ukrainians now a day,, just try to keep an open mind about it.. they have always been excellent in missile engines..now it is only the last Russian missile project that has Russian engine.. Was Russia putting its entire nuclear deterrence fate on bad Ukrainian missile engines?
I do not know about the video but the first launcher looks exactly like the Grom-2 launcher shown in the pictures..

Ukrainian companies were desining and producing (assembling) rockets and ICBMs during Soviet times. But their engines were supplied from Russia. Actually Ukraine never before produced any solid-fuel rocket engine. If i was an open-minded i would admit there is a possibility that they will be able to finish the development of this Grom-2 project at some point of time. But how many years it will take them if it happens at all? I dont know.

Last edited:
Ukrainian companies were desining and producing (assembling) rockets and ICBMs during Soviet times. But their engines were supplied from Russia. Actually Ukraine never before produced any solid-fuel rocket engine. If i was an open-minded i would admit there is a possibility that they will be able to finish the development of this Grom-2 project at some point of time. But how many years it will take them if it happens at all? I dont know.
Yes, and even if we take the "fact" that they have lost the second engine.. it takes nothing from the success of the first engine test.. that makes it a 50% success if we take it at face value.. but then by comparing both tests they will find the flaw in the second test and go for a third if not already done.. so in reality the success rate is quite higher than 50% .. not to forget that it is a joint project with Saudi Arabia who had its own research institutes working on missile technologies for decades..on top of big resources and access to almost every market of the world to get sophisticated components to make the missile more modern and efficient..

Last edited:
And im talking about engine tests. Official video released by Ukrainian factory said the engine demonstrator failed and exploded during second test run and commision investigated reason of failure.

The video you posted is reuploaded air-defence drill video with fake title.

There were never any official claims from Ukraine that they ever did any test launches of Grom-2 missiles. The "SAM Dnipro" is another fantasy Ukrainian paper project.
There is a Source were its says that Saudi arabia was on Shopping Spree in Ukraine for ICBMS

What i know is that the Uae bought the 8k99 missile

"Test launches started in October 1967 in Plesetsk. Large percentage of launches was apprently unsuccesful and, in addition, Soviet Strategic Rocket Forces, RVSN, refused using mobile complex employing liquid fuel. As a result, on October 6, 1969, the government officially shut down the program."

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/rt20.html

The RT-20P (8K99) missile

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
rt20_front_1.jpg

rt20_rear_2.jpg

Most likely for satellite launch technology, because the military do not like the liquid fuel in its first stage.. but it suits the civilian field of space..

dnipropetrovsk_missiles_park.jpg

Last edited:
Stealing technology from GROOM2 and SAPSAN projects

In 2016, the China Polytechnic Institute and the Beijing International Maritime Consulting Company have stolen key components of the vehicle-use technology and thermal coating of solid fuel rocket launchers and technology to increase the physical and mechanical properties of the fibreglass products of rocket and space technology under the influence of high-frequency electromagnetic field.

p_739nwz5w1.jpg

Let's say that the Chinese have borrowed some tech from these Ukrainian projects..:lol:

Anyway.. this will not affect the final product for Ukraine and Saudi Arabia.. because the Chinese product will be a competitor.. but the main objective of Ukraine and KSA is self sufficiency in the production of these missiles and maybe some exports in the future, where they might compete with others.. it will obviously depend on the performance of these missiles..

Stealing technology from GROOM2 and SAPSAN projects

In 2016, the China Polytechnic Institute and the Beijing International Maritime Consulting Company have stolen key components of the vehicle-use technology and thermal coating of solid fuel rocket launchers and technology to increase the physical and mechanical properties of the fibreglass products of rocket and space technology under the influence of high-frequency electromagnetic field.

p_739nwz5w1.jpg

Let's say that the Chinese have borrowed some tech from these Ukrainian projects..:lol:

Anyway.. this will not affect the final product for Ukraine and Saudi Arabia.. because the Chinese product will be a competitor.. but the main objective of Ukraine and KSA is self sufficiency in the production of these missiles and maybe some exports in the future, where they might compete with others.. it will obviously depend on the performance of these missiles..

Bingo brother. Let us see how many here will understand this simple fact. Surprise me, people.

BTW this is just 1 element of the growing, promising and close KSA-Ukraine cooperation. If the cooperation with Antonov and joint project was the beginning, we can only be positive when it comes to what the future will bring.

Ukraine develops hypersonic cruise missile

fEFJF3A-750x530.jpg

The Yuzhnoye State Design Office is jointly developing with the State Space Agency of Ukraine the new hypersonic cruise missile.

The press-service of “Yuzhnoye” design bureau released video footage showing a new concept of high-altitude hypersonic unmanned aerial vehicles, includes the project of a hypersonic cruise missile.

The development of new hypersonic unmanned aerial vehicle is an ongoing process of search for new technological solutions. It was reported that, to date, “Yuzhnoye” develops the components of new hypersonic unmanned aerial vehicles and has been carrying out important work into high-temperature materials applicable to hypersonic unmanned aerial vehicles.

The new missile would constitute a maneuvering, high-altitude hypersonic cruise missile. The missile will be equipped with the solid-fuel engine for booster stage accelerates it to supersonic speeds and
supersonic combusting ramjet engine for hypersonic flight.

Publicly available reports indicate that the new Ukrainian hypersonic cruise missile will be able to reach hypersonic speeds and to exceed a speed of 1,700 m/s. The range of the new missile is estimated to be 300 to 1750 kilometers.

The hypersonic weapon’s immense destructive power will result from kinetic energy. This phenomenon makes hypersonic weapons well suited to attacking hardened or deeply buried targets such as bunkers or nuclear and biological-weapon storage facilities.

Unlike the ballistic path followed by an ICBM plummeting toward its target, a hypersonic cruise missile have very high-speed, high-altitude flight profile, and maneuverability.

According to the HuffPost News, hypersonic missiles increase the speed of precision-guided munitions dramatically. One change they introduce is tactical, making it hard to defend a target. The other change is shifting the tempo of war by eliminating some of the delays imposed by the weight and quantity of weapons and supplies. The development of hypersonic missiles systems is, however, problematic from a geopolitical perspective.

source :http://defence-blog.com/news/ukraine-develops-hypersonic-cruise-missile.html

*The Yuzhnoye State Design Office is the one working jointly with KSA on the Grom-2 BM and cruise missiles..

Saudi Arabia has revived the project with what was announced as $40 million..on reality it was more than that maybe up to $400 million.. they are commited to buy the system (MTCR compliant) from Ukraine, and make their own based on the Technology transfer.. they will share the intellectual property rights 50/50, just like they did with the AN-132.. only this time, they will each develop their own national systems to avoid the MTCR constraints..
even 40 million $ is too low for such technlogy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom