What's new

Saudi Arabia to build a wall along its border with Iraq.

Selous

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
430-1421230259686332861.png

When a raiding party from Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant attacked a Saudi border post last week, it was no mere hit on a desert outpost.

The jihadists were launching an assault on the new, highest profile effort by Saudi Arabia to insulate itself from the chaos engulfing its neighbours.

The Saudis are building a 600-mile-long “Great Wall” - a combined fence and ditch - to separates the country from Iraq to the north.

Much of the area on the Iraqi side is now controlled by Isil, which regards the ultimate capture of Saudi Arabia, home to the “Two Holy Mosques” of Mecca and Medina, as a key goal.

The proposal had been discussed since 2006, at the height of the Iraqi civil war, but work began in September last year after Isil’s charge through much of the west and north of the country gave it a substantial land border with the Kingdom to the south.

The border zone now includes five layers of fencing with watch towers, night-vision cameras and radar cameras.

Riyadh also sent an extra 30,000 troops to the area.

It is not the only fence with which Saudi Arabia has chosen to surround itself. Despite the difficulty of access to westerners, the country is relatively open to fellow Muslim nations, particularly during the Haj season when pilgrims from across the world come to Mecca and Medina.

However, that is changing in changing times.

It has also created a physical barrier along parts of the even longer, 1,000-mile border with Yemen to the south.

The attack last week is the sort of incident the Saudis hope to avoid. Three border guards, including General Oudah al-Belawi, commander of border operations in Saudi Arabia’s northern zone, were killed.

All four attackers also died.

Source: Revealed: Saudi Arabia's 'Great Wall' to keep out Isil - Telegraph

The Saudi Arabian-Iraqi border is one of the most secure and closely monitored borders in the world. This further work on the border will just improve the already high security.

Unlike large parts of the Saudi Arabian-Yemeni border which is mountainous and very difficult to control the Saudi Arabian-Iraqi border is mostly lowland, steppe and desert with sporadic highlands and valleys. So easier to monitor. Although the nearby areas in KSA are home to numerous highlands and hundreds of valleys. Here I am talking about the entire Northwestern Saudi Arabian-Iraqi border. Basically over half of the entire border. In such a terrain Daesh would be a big headache so the key is to control the almost 1000 km long border before they could potentially reach those areas.

No doubt that KSA despite being the by far biggest country in the ME and the GCC will remain a bastion of peace and prosperity in the ME.

Last edited:
The Saudi Arabian-Iraqi border is one of the most secure and closely monitored borders in the world. This further work on the border will just improve the already high security.

Unlike large parts of the Saudi Arabian-Yemeni border which is mountainous and very difficult to control the Saudi Arabian-Iraqi border is mostly lowland, steppe and desert with sporadic highlands and valleys. So easier to monitor. Although the nearby areas in KSA are home to numerous highlands and hundreds of valleys. Here I am talking about the entire Northwestern Saudi Arabian-Iraqi border. Basically over half of the entire border. In such a terrain Daesh would be a big headache so the key is to control the almost 1000 km long border before they could potentially reach those areas.

No doubt that KSA despite being the by far biggest country in the ME and the GCC will remain a bastion of peace and prosperity in the ME.
the attacks has raised many questions in my mind... i think the reason our brave men were killed is human error mostly.
meaning no vest no armored vehicles and coming too close to the terrorist before asking them to strip of their cloths.
may our great martyrs rest in peace

the attacks has raised many questions in my mind... i think the reason our brave men were killed is human error mostly.
meaning no vest no armored vehicles and coming too close to the terrorist before asking them to strip of their cloths.
may our great martyrs rest in peace

The attack happened at night.

There were 2 groups of terrorists. 2 in each group. The first attacker in the first group of terrorists that attacked was killed while the other surrendered. While the border guards were about to arrest him he blew himself up and killed 4 martyrs. The other group of terrorists (two in total) escaped but were later eliminated in a valley around Arar.

Next time no questions should be asked or arrests made. Just let the bullets do the job or swords if they get captured alive.

See my post 696 in this thread below;

Iraq's war against IS terrorism | Updates and Discussions | Page 47

Rest assured that terrorists will be unable to capture even 1 km2 of the holy land.

Next time no questions should be asked or arrests made. Just let the bullets do the job or swords if they get captured alive.
use tranquilizer darts so they think they are dead but when they wake up they are stripped, searched and tied down perfect for a nice talk over a cup of tea.:coffee:

Underground movement sensors sounds good. Wish we can do the same on our Afghan border

use tranquilizer darts so they think they are dead but when they wake up they are stripped, searched and tied down perfect for a nice talk over a cup of tea.:coffee:

Arabic coffee or Arabic mint tea for the interrogators while Arab vengeance for the terrorists. I know what I prefer. In any case they will face hell when captured. Most would probably be very eager to end up as headless chickens. The best they can hope for is being sent straight to hell on the battlefield.

The attack happened at night.

There were 2 groups of terrorists. 2 in each group. The first attacker in the first group of terrorists that attacked was killed while the other surrendered. While the border guards were about to arrest him he blew himself up and killed 4 martyrs. The other group of terrorists (two in total) escaped but were later eliminated in a valley around Arar.

See my post 696 in this thread below;

Iraq's war against IS terrorism | Updates and Discussions | Page 47

Rest assured that terrorists will be unable to capture even 1 km2 of the holy land.
yeah iv read that.. im just saying that we could have easily avoided any human loses. another thing i think they wanted them alive to gather intelligence.
if they ever think they can attack saudi from the north they are wrong. and i think they know that very well. cuz simply the landscape there wont help them at all. let alone the type of advanced forces they will be dealing with. you might see stupid attempts like in the past just to say hey we are here but as you can see they end up like dead rats

haha honesty using tranquilizing darts is a good idea if they want them alive

Arabic coffee or Arabic mint tea for the interrogators while Arab vengeance for the terrorists. I know what I prefer. In any case they will face hell when captured. Most would probably be very eager to end up as headless chickens. The best they can hope for is being sent straight to hell on the battlefield.
you are too gentle a soul. Give me some needles and let me practice the acupuncture i learnt on them. I remember exactly where one should not stick needles to avoid pain and disability. My hand might slip a lot till they forget everything but what pain is.

yup using darts that is what one does with animals who need to be controlled.

you are too gentle a soul. Give me some needles and let me practice the acupuncture i learnt on them. I remember exactly where one should not stick needles to avoid pain and disability. My hand might slip a lot till they forget everything but what pain is.

yup using darts that is what one does with animals who need to be controlled.

To tell you honestly then I am no fan of torture. I prefer to give them what they want so badly on the battlefield. Which is death. Gathering intelligence can't be that important when we are talking about the small fish in the pond.

;)

yeah iv read that.. im just saying that we could have easily avoided any human loses. another thing i think they wanted them alive to gather intelligence.
if they ever think they can attack saudi from the north they are wrong. and i think they know that very well. cuz simply the landscape there wont help them at all. let alone the type of advanced forces they will be dealing with. you might see stupid attempts like in the past just to say hey we are here but as you can see they end up like dead rats

Well that is why all they have been able to do for the past 1.5 years is this lone attack on a isolated border station. I have no worries either. Small sleeper cells within the country are a bigger problem but knowing the tight security and our intelligence services I doubt that anything really major will occur.

It's not like AQAP in the southern frontier are sleeping either. In general we are located in a very "interesting" neighborhood outside of the GCC, Jordan and Egypt.

To tell you honestly then I am no fan of torture. I prefer to give them what they want so badly on the battlefield. Which is death. Gathering intelligence can't be that important when we are talking about the small fish in the pond.
break them, gather intelligence, make them feel the pain of making others suffer, and when they are done talking throw them back into the ISIS strong holds. Make them think 100 times before they look at the borders again knowing what will happen if they do.

Why give them death give them an impotent life full of pain on every step and every breathe.

break them, gather intelligence, make them feel the pain of making others suffer, and when they are done talking throw them back into the ISIS strong holds. Make them think 100 times before they look at the borders again knowing what will happen if they do.

Why give them death give them an impotent life full of pain on every step and every breathe.

Great thinking right there, throw them back into ISIS strong holds so they can go and blow up innocent people elsewhere. Considering you live in Pakistan what if India does the same ( ignore that Waziristan is on the other side ), what if a bomb reaches you ? Of course you'd start complaining that they support terrorism and should have executed/imprisoned the terrorist instead.

Great thinking right there, throw them back into ISIS strong holds so they can go and blow up innocent people elsewhere. Considering you live in Pakistan what if India does the same ( ignore that Waziristan is on the other side ), what if a bomb reaches you ? Of course you'd start complaining that they support terrorism and should have executed/imprisoned the terrorist instead.
first of all relax... secondly relax... the point is to send deformed mentally retarded people back out of a plane... I do not think they would survive the fall and if they do they will not be able to walk around doing much in life... and if we do not throw them out of a plane we can always paralyze them... so many options... just do not kill them and let others be scared

Two birds and one stone.

I think this wall can have a much more important role: Keep in the terrorists from KSA soil going to Iraq to murder Iraqis which is much more likely to happen than ISIS attacking borders from outside. A win-win situation for Iraq and KSA.

Back
Top Bottom