What's new

Saudi Arabia wants to buy 600-800 Leopard tanks from Germany

guys, please focus on German Leopard selling to Saudi, not oil prices competitions.

@Raptor Al-Khalid does not meet saudi requirements for a heavy MBT with 7 wheels and 1500HP+ engine.

767px-Iran_Export_Treemap.jpg

Geohraphicly abd Policiticly Saudi arabia is in a far better position then Iran, Hopefully saudi arabia will benefit from the oppertunities they get soon.

Looool I saw you posting same BS thing in a post before. Someone came back and owned you then, yet you post the same outdated map again.

Then you give OPINION that saudi arabia are better then Iran geopolitically and economically.

Here I will give you something you have probably never seen before, they are called FACTS. GDP by country from IMF, World Bank and CIA. Take your pick, all place Iran higher then kingdom of Al-Saud.

List of countries by GDP (PPP) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also FYI Saudi Oil exports account for 90% of their economy. Pwned again.

Better luck trolling next time.

@Raptor Al-Khalid does not meet saudi requirements for a heavy MBT with 7 wheels and 1500HP+ engine.

I understood, the dessert issues. What benefits of this Leopard to meet Saudi expectation? what differences?

Come on Saudi should know better state of the art Israelis Merkava was destroyed easily in Lebanon war.

How about looking at this List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iran is 25th , 29th and 25th

Looool I saw you posting same BS thing in a post before. Someone came back and owned you then, yet you post the same outdated map again.

Then you give OPINION that saudi arabia are better then Iran geopolitically and economically.

Here I will give you something you have probably never seen before, they are called FACTS. GDP by country from IMF, World Bank and CIA. Take your pick, all place Iran higher then kingdom of Al-Saud.

Altay tank will have 1500hp MTU engine or 1800hp engine (indigenous under development)

I hope saudi actually wont buy these, So we could have some kind of JV for a Saudified Altay Tank.

Altay for Saudi army i say :D
CIMG1442.jpg

It is a FACT that Saudi-Arabia is Strategicly, Geographicly and Policily better then Iran. See what i mean.

Saudi Arabia has the capability to create a non-oil independent economy duo there geohraphic, Iran mainly consist of 3 major mountain and a dried up sea desert in the middle. In the end when Oil will run out of Iran you will be screwed and then lets see who is economicly better, Joker.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the point is that Muslims are disparately trying to build indigenous manufacturing capabilities. They could have assisted Pakistan or Turks and got a better deal.

We will never as Muslims be anything if we keep buying weapons from west etc. i know sometimes it is unavoidable but perhaps some brothers on here who are knowledgeable on tanks can tell us why this was not possible

Why not Altay ? Surely procuring a few Altays from Turkey and then entering into a JV to come up with an advanced version of it capable of matching and perhaps exceeding what either the M1A2s or the Leopards offer would have been a better decision ?

Khair, the Leopards are pretty formidable in their own too so maybe the High Command has something else in mind !

P.S I have a massive soft spot for the Al-Khalids and from what I gather they're going for a 50 tonne + version for it ! Maybe a JV with us could have been something to look into...maybe not ! :undecided:

I hope saudi actually wont buy these, So we could have some kind of JV for a Saudified Altay Tank.

Altay for Saudi army i say :D
CIMG1442.jpg

It is a FACT that Saudi-Arabia is Strategicly, Geographicly and Policily better then Iran. See what i mean.

Saudi Arabia has the capability to create a non-oil independent economy duo there geohraphic, Iran mainly consist of 3 major mountain and a dried up sea desert in the middle. In the end when Oil will run out of Iran you will be screwed and then lets see who is economicly better, Joker.

HAHAHAHAHA this confused Korean Turk whatever you are. If you call Iran a wasteland then what do you call Saudi Arabia? Saudi is all desert, nothing else. No trees, literally not one river, just desert. Also these topographical maps don't tell the whole truth. If you think Iran is just desert and mountains you are sorely mistaken. Here is some pics from ALL over Iran, showing our nature (not just caspian coast before you bring that up).

Photo Album - Imgur

Last edited by a moderator:
See the desert, our Al-Khalid is doing excellent performances. Pakistan has extensive experiences in tanks since 1990s.

al_khalid.jpg

2j5mijc.jpg

5165tv.jpg

155841_52396037_58eb22274e-1.jpg

Lastly, Saudi tank gunner also achieved 100 % accuracy during AK trials

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...bt-2000-information-pool-7.html#ixzz1y4SMWwfS

Main Battle tank (Al-Khalid) attained 100% hits at a distance of 4,000 meters and set an unprecedented record in tank technology. Al-Khalid also fired while moving, on a moving target at various ranges upto a distance of 3,000 meters and achieved 100% results.

Saudi Master Gunner, Subedar Major Yahya Bin Ahmed Atif achieved the rare feat of hitting a bulls eye at extreme ranges with 100% accuracy and achieved record firing results with a few days training only, indicative of user friendliness of Tank Al-Khalid.

HAHAHAHAHA this confused Korean Turk whatever you are. If you call Iran a wasteland then what do you call Saudi Arabia? Saudi is all desert, nothing else. No trees, literally not one river, just desert. Also these topographical maps don't tell the whole truth. If you think Iran is just desert and mountains you are sorely mistaken. Here is some pics from ALL over Iran, showing our nature (not just caspian coast before you bring that up).

Photo Album - Imgur

Open up a new thread in the Perian sub forum, Lets not discus this here.

Back
Top Bottom