What's new

Saudi FM arriving to discuss Pakistan's involvement in 34-nation military alliance

If it's an alliance they seek then it should be up against all threats especially the western ones. If it's to safeguard royal families interests then, that is a no go.

Syrians aren't the friendliest people in the world. For some strange reason, they are proud/arrogant without any merit and even raciest towards their fellow Arabs.
I have no idea but their is a story or reality I don't know but my bradari claim to be Syrian origin and may I find it offensive :lol:

What Iran is doing in Syria is wrong but why should we jump in to change Bashar,s regime like we dont have enough on our plate already?
I think a muslim coalition would be far better then the coalition of iran-russia and syria backed by shia insurgents.

Good Luck with your assumption...When GCC Pays money any Muslim nation will come to protect the monarchy...What is the big deal...Pakistan is just acting like a security agency by doing service for getting money...If you do not do it, someone else will do it...And above all US is backing them, so do you think they really fear of any one?..

But again, that does not mean, i am expecting Pakistan to join this coaliation....You got me wrong..My point is not that i support GCC moves rather i feel that if Pakistan has to handle pressure in a different way.

Indeed anyone comes for money, but Pakistan gives the best "bang" for buck, that perhaps no Muslim or any other willing military country can give. No?. At the end of the day Pakistan Armed Forces are quick, clean, ruthless and silent.

we should remain neutral and stay away from any ME politics.... clear distinctions should be made and whatever steps will be taken then it should be transparent .....

Pakistan will join if the VETO and decision power in the hands of Turkey and Pakistan not these Amreekan phetooss

Saudi FM's visit postponed to later this week: Foreign Office
Dawn.com | Mateen Haider

ISLAMABAD: Saudi Foreign Minister Adel bin Ahmed Al-Jubeir's visit to Islamabad, scheduled for today, has been postponed to Thursday, Jan 7, 2016, said the Foreign Office in a statement.

Earlier today the FO first announced the postponement, saying the change had come at Saudi Arabia's request but did not provide a reason for the delay.

Later, a new date – Jan 7 – for the Saudi foreign minister’s arrival was announced.

Mr Jubeir was due to arrive in Islamabad on a two-day visit on Sunday (today) to take the Pakistani leadership into confidence over the Middle East situation and the 34-nation military alliance recently formed by the kingdom, earlier reports had suggested.

Officials at the Foreign Office had earlier said the Saudi foreign minister would meet Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Monday.

Mr Jubeir was also supposed to hold meetings with Adviser to Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz.

According to officials, the purpose of the visit was to consult Pakistan’s leadership over joining the anti-terrorism alliance.

Earlier in December, the kingdom announced the formation of a 34-state Islamic military coalition to combat terrorism, naming Pakistan among the coalition members without first getting its consent.

Initial reports suggested Islamabad had been unaware of its inclusion in the coalition ─ Foreign Secretary Aizaz Chaudhry said he was surprised to read the news that Saudi Arabia had named Pakistan as part of the group ─ but the Foreign Office rubbished these reports and confirmed participation in the coalition.

Senate Chairman Raza Rabbani slammed the government for confirming its participation while remaining unaware of the details of the coalition.

Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz told the Senate: "Consultations are in progress to work out as to which kind of activities we are going to participate in. There is intelligence sharing, capacity-building ... we are yet to decide which activity is desired. We support every action against terrorism."

Al-Jubeir earlier said that the participating countries would themselves decide about the extent of their participation.

The FO has said Islamabad is awaiting further details before making a decision in this regard.

The postponement of the Saudi Foreign Minister visit comes a day after Saudi Arabia executed 47 people, including a prominent Shia cleric, garnering worldwide condemnation.

Reports of a civil society demonstration outside Karachi's Saudi consulate protesting 'human rights violations' by Saudi Arabia in response to the execution are also making the rounds.

Until you take out Bashar you can't deal with threat of ISIS and other militants in the region

Bashar is not going anywhere!! The bigger problem is now ISIS not Bashar unless you missed the news the west who was hell bent on ousting him now wants reconciliation with him.

How diabolical is the game played.

To hurt Pakistan, the sole Muslim nuclear power, which they are not able to do directly like they did for Iraq, they have created chaos in Yemen, Syria, Libya and others countries which lead the fear among Saudians, knowing very well that saudians will request Pakistan help... And if Pakistan fall in the trap, Pakistan will see the start of its own end... Sunnis and Shias figth.

Pakistani awam should understand that there is no Shias or Sunnis or Christians in Pakistan... There are only Pakistanis.

We should stay united.

Back
Top Bottom