What's new

Saudi Made Al-Shibl 1 vs RPG

Which RPG warhead type was the glass hit by?? Molten metal used in most common RPG warheads can penetrate inches of RHA steel. Can't see why it would fail to penetrate glass in an direct hit.

Which RPG warhead type was the glass hit by?? Molten metal used in most common RPG warheads can penetrate inches of RHA steel. Can't see why it would fail to penetrate glass in an direct hit.

I know you wish it did kill these soldiers, sorry to disappoint you.

I know you wish it did kill these soldiers, sorry to disappoint you.
I asked a technical question. I don't know from where you got the idea that i wished those soldiers were dead.

More like that video you posted is nothing but false advertisement.

The PG-7V, the most widely available RPG-7 warhead has a penetration of 500 mm RHA (19.5 in).

RPG-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's no way that vehicle took a direct hit to the windshield from a RPG. Looks more like a high caliber bullet hit it. Anyone claiming that windshield took a hit from an RPG is either stupid or a liar.

Now go take your medication and stop hallucinating.

Last edited:
VGKD6Sz[1].jpg
There's no way that car was hit by RPG otherwise crew would have been dead.

This is what happens to humvee when RPG-7 hit it:

I asked a technical question. I don't know from where you got the idea that i wished those soldiers were dead.

The PG-7V, the most widely available RPG-7 warhead has a penetration of 500 mm RHA (19.5 in).

There's no way that vehicle took a direct hit to the windshield from a RPG. Looks more like a high caliber bullet hit it. Anyone claiming that windshield took a hit from an RPG is either stupid or a liar.

It did get hit by an RPG, however the warhead didn't explode.

Last edited:

That is not entirely correct,

Acid will corrode metal, but will not corrode glass.

the key here is of crystalline structure. The silicon is bound in a very tight (dense and brittle ) structure.

That makes it excellent, however the downside is the immense weight due to Silicon's density.

nah... no way RPG7... something else mate..
we had a dak that was hit by rpg in angola ... luckily it went straight thru and dak came back safely. another dak had it go straight thru the tail. daks have alum.. bodies and of course plasma generated will just melt thru a fuselage. very lucky

That is not entirely correct,

Acid will corrode metal, but will not corrode glass.

the key here is of crystalline structure. The silicon is bound in a very tight (dense and brittle ) structure.

That makes it excellent, however the downside is the immense weight due to Silicon's density.
We're not talking about acid, but molten copper designed to penetrate layers of RHA steel. There's no way glass can withstand direct hit from RPG shooting out molten copper capable of penetrating 19 inches of steel armor plating.

I really don't know from where people here get their expertise from.

Back
Top Bottom