What's new

SBP restricts outflow of dollars

So if Imran Khan left economy in similarly bad shape as PMLN, why you keep attacking him only? Bughaz Imran?

6000 billion Rs debt in 2006 and 24000 billion Rs debt in 2018 (3x increase in 10 years). What's your point Patwari?
Imrandoo squared, I put blame wherever it is deserved, regardless of the person or party. Imran Khan deserves more blame than all others combined and hence I blame him more than others.

By the way, did you ever go to school? Where did you learn math and period? Where do they teach that the period from 2006 to 2018 is 10 years, in Imrandoo school of Youthia Technology?

By the way, did you ever go to school? Where did you learn math and period? Where do they teach that the period from 2006 to 2018 is 10 years, in Imrandoo school of Youthia Technology?
Patwari, it was typo. Meant 2008 to 2018

Last edited:
PDM and all those who support them are responsible for this mess. IK had put a lid to all the economic issues, PDM came and removed it and now country is going to the dust.

Fact 3: Budget target was over 6.1 Trillion which meant 4.1T by end of February, 4.57T by end of March and 5.1T by end of April......FBR had already missed the target in March and April, this despite a massive increase in the circular debt, payment to which would have further lowered collection. All targets were missed. Fuel subsidy required per month was 110B-150B/month as per various sources so around 440B - 600B in 4 months; and this is only Petroleum products where as subsidies were also announced on Electricity.........where was the margin for these hundreds of Billions worth of additional subsidies; especially since the circular debt was a record 2.2Trillion at that time (Feb/March)??

Fact 4. Imran Khan's commitments to IMF on removal of susidies and addition of levy on petroleum products and electricy after which 1 Billion was released in January.
Fact 5. No Confidence Motion was in high gear since January and everyone was aware Imran would lose, it was officially moved on 8th March but was being planned for months by the opposition and Imran Khan was aware the match was fixed (as per his own words).

You may now run along and eat your big words!!

I would accept your assertion if you can provide a single link where Russian Ambassador has confirmed that Russia was going to sell Oil at 30% discount to Pakistan.

If you cannot, WHEN you cannot, you must accept mine!

I was writing up a complete reply to this post, as I had saved it for the last order of the day. FYI, FBR achieved surplus revenue this FY, so please don't cherry pick data where it seems prudent to do so. Moreover, the prior action that you are mentioning is regarding the PDL, not reduction in fuel prices. Furthermore, the incompetence of Miftah and SS cost us more with regards to the fuel subsidy than IK. The total amount spent by the PTI govt in terms of fuel subsidy was 80-100 billion, while the PDM govt spent an approx 250 billion. I would need to double check on these figures, but the proportions are broadly the same. I somewhat agree with you that this was a somewhat populist move, but please let's not overhype it and make it to be something that is the root cause of us being in this situation. Many economists were also of the view that keeping the fuel prices to a manageable level will keep the inflation in check, and save expenses on that front. Pros and cons to every move in economics, as you will very well be aware.

We all know that USD is appreciating against other currencies all across the world, but would the PKR have collapsed as spectacularly as it has if this whole vote of no confidence shenanigan was not started? 11% devaluation in two days? In 3 years the PKR fell 58 Rs or thereabouts, and it has fallen 38 rupees in 3 months!

Anyone who is privy to conversations within the drawing rooms of the powerful knows that this had nothing to do with the economy, or the people, or anything else. It was only about saving your cases, avoiding jail, preventing Faiz from becoming COAS, and then some other machinations within the military that are best left unsaid for now here.

But at the end of the day, neither are you going to change your viewpoint, nor are you willing to see past your hate for IK.

So all I can say sir, is good day.

All this mess is result of IK's inabiity to get IMF loan to stabilize the economy. He just sat for 3.5 years doing nothing.
Not to forget that the prices of goods in Pakistan are increasing because of these remittances and spending by overseas Pakistanis.

Overseas Pakistanis and the money they bring in are a curse on Pakistan.

May be you need to quit whatever you are smoking. That stuff must be messing up with your head.

:what: February 2022: IMF approves $1 billion loan tranche for Pakistan :what:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom