What's new

SC bans kite-flying for one month

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

LAHORE: A four-member bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan Tuesday imposed a one-month kill on kite-flying and manufacturing, buying and selling of kites.

A bench of the apex court headed by Chief Justice Mr. Justice Iftikhar Mohammed Chaudhry had taken suo moto notice of the losses by kite-flying.

The court also directed the people to send complaints regarding violation of the SC order to the Registrar, Supreme Court Of Pakistan and the court will take action on it.

Earlier, the Advocate General Punjab Aftab Iqbal, senior lawyers Shahid Hamid, S.M. Masood and Ismail Qureshi completed their arguments before the court.

Chief Executive Lesco told the court that the Lesco's installations suffer worth Rs one billion damages per annum.

The Chief Justice of Pakistan observed that law should be implemented to eleminate loss of precious lives and public property. The CJ remarked that there should be kill on metallic cord and "Manjha" and it was responsibility of government to check violation.

The court ordered the government Punjab to arrange medical treatment of a boy Fahim Shahzad abroad who lost his speech in an incident.

http://www.geo.tv/main_files/pakistan.aspx?id=92358

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Oct 25 2005, 03:53 PM

LAHORE: A four-member bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan Tuesday imposed a one-month kill on kite-flying and manufacturing, buying and selling of kites.

A bench of the apex court headed by Chief Justice Mr. Justice Iftikhar Mohammed Chaudhry had taken suo moto notice of the losses by kite-flying.

The court also directed the people to send complaints regarding violation of the SC order to the Registrar, Supreme Court Of Pakistan and the court will take action on it.

Earlier, the Advocate General Punjab Aftab Iqbal, senior lawyers Shahid Hamid, S.M. Masood and Ismail Qureshi completed their arguments before the court.

Chief Executive Lesco told the court that the Lesco's installations suffer worth Rs one billion damages per annum.

The Chief Justice of Pakistan observed that law should be implemented to eleminate loss of precious lives and public property. The CJ remarked that there should be kill on metallic cord and "Manjha" and it was responsibility of government to check violation.

The court ordered the government Punjab to arrange medical treatment of a boy Fahim Shahzad abroad who lost his speech in an incident.

http://www.geo.tv/main_files/pakistan.aspx?id=92358
[post=1303]Quoted post[/post]​

That's like the US banning scooters! :wtf1:

:wtf1: Dude how boring is gonna be that one month for someone people :ranting:

:wtf1: :wtf1: :wtf1:

Why they are banning :ranting: !!! Are they drunk ?? :drunk:
Its a very nice game , I love it very much !!! :yeah:

But flying in open streets should be prohibited .
I remember few years ags, in Gujrat, a motorcyclist was killed when a kite's twine got twisted on his throat !!! :sick:

I know 'manjas' , they are made using gum and glass dust. I myself make my own !!! :winner:
They are more dangerous to the flyers . Often they leave painful cuts on fingers !!! :(

BTW : What are metallic threads ???

Originally posted by Srirangan@Oct 26 2005, 09:46 AM
a bunch of people are going to lose their jobs..
[post=1338]Quoted post[/post]​

Indeed, for a month, but i doubt that police will be so strict about it. They would let it go, its just a common sense, and if this dont work out, giving bribery will work.

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Oct 26 2005, 10:33 PM
Indeed, for a month, but i doubt that police will be so strict about it. They would let it go, its just a common sense, and if this dont work out, giving bribery will work.
[post=1341]Quoted post[/post]​

Majority of you people might not like what i am saying but the nation spends millions and billions of rupies on kite flying and i am sorry to say that money spend in flying a paper kite could be used on poor people only if people had some common sence...... :swear: :swear: :ranting:

Originally posted by Best of the Best@Oct 26 2005, 07:28 PM
Majority of you people might not like what i am saying but the nation spends millions and billions of rupies on kite flying and i am sorry to say that money spend in flying a paper kite could be used on poor people only if people had some common sence...... :swear: :swear: :ranting:
[post=1356]Quoted post[/post]​

Its not that easy my friend. The world no longer has good people. It was the time when Sahabas and Rasools gave away everything excpet for the needy to poor people.

Now it is changed and these kind of things is just a hope.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom