What's new

See what your country tops the world in

Heard about that before but still shocked to check the links to post #1:
Who said India is not poor! | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis
India is still world's hunger capital

It's hard to say which is the consequence of the other, but I guess probably hunger may affect literacy/IQ, hence poverty, and which in turn affects hunger. Hunger also affect health (indicators like average male heights, life expectancy) which also affects productivity, hence poverty, and then so on and so forth like a vicious cycle.

P.S.: Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Congratulations.... You have earned very well deserved 50cents... :partay:

I believe that's our title, you can't just come in here and start talking smack to the reigning king, show respect dude.

really??
show us how much properties your premier owns outside your country.

no, if it was, we wouldn't be so far ahead in the developing world race, but then again just being in the developing country group is bad, so who's to say.

I think the style of govt give much needed power in hands of Govt in China.It is not a democracy so the people don't have much contribution in decision making process.The implementation is easy.Govt don't have to worry about votes.The media will never go against as it is state controlled.Many things are different in China which made it fastest growing country but I don't think that the less corruption is the cause of Development.Recently a Big former Minster get jailed on charge of corruption.

How could the US possibly be the largest nuclear power producer???
We have pretty much had a moratorium on new nuclear power plant production for the last 30 years. I think the last one opened was in 1996.

May be you have made large number of reactors before 1996 and just managing them efficiently and getting good percentage of power from them.

And I always thought Iranians were brave people. :lol:

We are not at war with chilli to get brave about it. It's silly.

I think they saw fusion coming round the corner and just stopped building them as Chernobyl scared the crap out of everybody.

Well, the fusion has always been 30 years away. It was 30 years away in 70's and it is 30 years away now. You can't make energy policy on such thin hope. Chernobyl had its effect so did the low oil prices. But anyways, right now the demand for more plants is actually coming from Asian countries like China, India and Iran. The world has changed.

But anyways, right now the demand for more plants is actually coming from Asian countries like China, India and Iran. The world has changed.

Oh and the other problem is spent nuclear fuel is dangerously radioactive for 240,000 years. We'll have to figure out a way of sending it into the Sun for disposal.

Last edited:
Oh and the other problem is spent nuclear fuel is dangerously radioactive for 240,000 years. We'll have to figure out a way of sending it into the Sun for disposal.

Not really. Chernobyl disaster was hyped beyond the reality. The pollution of any coal power plant is much more deadly than even Chernobyl disaster. Technology exists for deep underground storage of such waste. Beside, planet earth is no stranger to nuclear waste. For a long time during earth's history natural nuclear reactors in Africa were boiling water while life went on.

Pakistan contributed the highest number overall with 8,186 personnel, followed by India (7,878), Bangladesh (7,799), Ethiopia (6,502), Rwanda (4,686), Nigeria (4,684), Nepal (4,495), Jordan (3,374), Ghana (2,859), and Egypt(2,750)
source wikipedia

It is actually Bangladesh which tops the world in this aspect. Here is the United Nations source: Troop and police contributors. United Nations Peacekeeping

And here is the Wikipedia ranking for it: List of countries by number of UN peacekeepers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

really??
show us how much properties your premier owns outside your country.

It is not a crime to own property outside the country. Alot of people do.

I think the style of govt give much needed power in hands of Govt in China.It is not a democracy so the people don't have much contribution in decision making process.The implementation is easy.Govt don't have to worry about votes.The media will never go against as it is state controlled.Many things are different in China which made it fastest growing country but I don't think that the less corruption is the cause of Development.Recently a Big former Minster get jailed on charge of corruption.

As long as a system delivers, it does not matter. It's only when a system can not deliver that problems occur.

List is not complete. Turkey has the largest boron reserves in the world and also other precious metals that can't be found else or in very little quantities.

The largest reserves, producer and consumer of rare earth elements is China.

Turkey does not even come close.

It is not a crime to own property outside the country. Alot of people do.

not for a PM of the country its morally wrong I was referring to country "Pakistan" which you have no idea about the scale of corruption.

As long as a system delivers, it does not matter. It's only when a system can not deliver that problems occur.

I was just saying that China have corruption problem too but their govt have upper hand on the people.There is no one who will oppose the govt and this may be good but It can have disastrous effect on country too e.g. one child policy cause abortions, spoiled children and poor sex ratio, and population imbalance will be future impact.

not for a PM of the country its morally wrong I was referring to country "Pakistan" which you have no idea about the scale of corruption.

I was talking in general terms. But I agree with the point you raised. You mean your prime minster has property outside Pakistan? Where he owns such property and what are they? I did not think he is that rich.

I was talking in general terms. But I agree with the point you raised. You mean your prime minster has property outside Pakistan? Where he owns such property and what are they? I did not think he is that rich.

UK, SA, Dubai, UAE
he is rich he was rich before politics and after being in power he is mega rich

Back
Top Bottom