What's new

Sehar Kamran elected to Pakistan Senate

Sehar Kamran

New Recruit

Reaction score
Sehar Kamran elected to Pakistan Senate

By JEDDAH: SYED FAISAL ALI, ARAB NEWS STAFF
Published: Mar 2, 2012 23:11 Updated: Mar 4, 2012 21:29

Pakistan International School, Jeddah (English Section), Principal Sehar Kamran won the Pakistan's Senate election with a comfortable margin yesterday.

She became the first woman to enter the upper house of Pakistan's Parliament while residing and serving as principal at a community school outside the country.

Kamran, a recipient of the prestigious Tamgha-e-Imtiaz, Pakistan’s fourth-highest civilian honor, was nominated by the ruling Pakistan People's Party as a candidate from a reserved seat for women in Sindh province. The election was held yesterday in which Kamran was declared elected with 99 votes.

An educationist by profession, Kamran holds a Master's degree in mass communications from the University of Karachi. She has been working at PISJ-ES since 1999. In 2010, President Asif Ali Zardari conferred the Tamgha-e-Imtiaz (medal of excellence) on Kamran for her excellent service in the field of education.

Speaking to Arab News from Karachi, Kamran thanked the PPP leadership for reposing faith in her. “I thank President Asif Ali Zardari and the entire leadership of the party for their trust in me and honoring me with the party ticket. I will try to be worthy of their choice. To the best of my abilities, I will work for the betterment of my country in general and women and the weaker sections in particular,” she said soon after winning the Senate seat.

The PISJ-ES staff extended their heartiest congratulations to Kamran.

congrats if u r sehar kamran, bt supporting ppp is a big turn off :tdown:

Is this news about you?????

If yes than many many congrats :toast_sign: but i am not that much happy to know that you are supporter of PPP. :angry:

senators and parliamentarians are already trolling us since 65 years, they need training of staying on topic:angry:

Back
Top Bottom