What's new

Sequel: 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal

Damn, two remaining Korean Taekwondo competitors lost in the second stages.

The 80 kg+ men's competitor lost to the Turkish competitor, while 67 kg+ women's competitor lost to the French competitor. So that's it, one gold and one silver.

It will always be an unequal battle for the Chinese in this Olympics and future ones. Arch rival the USA has a complimenting mix of athletes where white dudes dominate the pool and black dudes the track. I can see China catching up in the pool but we are not built to run against blacks. Lu Xiang, Im afraid is an aberation as no one has really stepped up since his gold in Athens.

Im not saying that China will not top future olympics, I actually believe in the contrary as Chinese discipline and strong work ethics is unmatched. Its just that having some black dudes makes it a lot easier for the USA to be considerably more competitive

I think time matters. As long as the progress of China is on going and God bless nothing devastating to happen in China, we will be there. Imagine some 10 or 20 years ago we are at the same position thinking a medal at the pool is unreachable nor we could get a medal in track and field. Yeah what you said about the athletic qualities of black athletes is right. It's something genetic + training. We have seen in world championships and in Olympics our swimmers can be world class but lacking quantities. It is especially encouraging in swimming albeit less so in track and field that we are making progress in every Olympic games.

1402539_M01.jpg

1402623_M01.jpg

Qiu Bo (top) and Lin Yue compete in the men's 10m Platform Diving semi-final on Day 15 of London 2012.

It will always be an unequal battle for the Chinese in this Olympics and future ones. Arch rival the USA has a complimenting mix of athletes where white dudes dominate the pool and black dudes the track. I can see China catching up in the pool but we are not built to run against blacks. Lu Xiang, Im afraid is an aberation as no one has really stepped up since his gold in Athens.

Im not saying that China will not top future olympics, I actually believe in the contrary as Chinese discipline and strong work ethics is unmatched. Its just that having some black dudes makes it a lot easier for the USA to be considerably more competitive

Given enough time and money, anything can be achieved.. Wont be surprised if in 4 years, China reverses the fortunes..

US got 44 golds in their non-boycotted home Olympics in 1996. They will get more here. We have got more than what we got in 2004. I think we need to hit the 40 gold mark, just a psychological thing.

Just need to find 3 gold medals from somewhere.

We lost in taekwondo. Pretty disappointing the medals have dried up the last few days.

we dont have budget for this do we at the start? You know as much as I do which are the disappointing ones - those we thought we could have won but lost at the end. Just like in women's hammer throw yesterday which was moderately disappointing!

US got 44 golds in their non-boycotted home Olympics in 1996. They will get more here. We have got more than what we got in 2004. I think we need to hit the 40 gold mark, just a psychological thing.

Just need to find 3 gold medals from somewhere.

Let's see how we go tonight! All along I have never underestimated the US sports team! Even though we could not go as far as we wish, we should be proud of our athletes! Which country can get as close a challenge against the US until these last few days in London and in the last Olympics in Beijing where we amassed more gold medals?

Our 21st Bronze came from Qieyang Shenjie in women's 20 km race walk, a new Asian Record!

Top 6 finishers, 3 from China, 3 from Russia:

Rk Bib Athlete 16 Km 18 Km Finish +
1 2875 LASHMANOVA Elena 1:08:35 1:16:55 1:25:02 ~ WR +
2 2864 KANISKINA Olga 1:08:11 1:16:38 1:25:09 ~ SB +

3 1387 QIEYANG Shenjie 1:08:35 1:16:55 1:25:16 ~~ AR +
4 1382 LIU Hong 1:08:36 1:17:20 1:26:00 ~ +
5 2868 KIRDYAPKINA Anisya 1:08:39 1:17:31 1:26:26 - SB +
6 1385 LU Xiuzhi 1:09:20 1:18:18 1:27:10

Our 21st Bronze came from Qieyang Shenjie in women's 20 km race walk!

Seeing the results makes me cringe!
Chinese did well but occupied ranks 3,4 and 6. The bronze medalist misses out gold by 14 seconds! The Ruskies rank 1,2 and 5 taking the better medals!

Seeing the results makes me cringe!
Chinese did well but occupied ranks 3,4 and 6. The bronze medalist misses out gold by 14 seconds! The Ruskies rank 1,2 and 5 taking the better medals!

exactly! we are still missing the stamina for the last kick! Like women's Beach Volleyball, men's 3m springboard etc etc

I think what you are implying here is that genetics always prevail over hard-work, that's not at all true.

I am saying this because I know how our Boxers and Wreslers are performing against the superior built up and genetics of Iranian's, Cubans and Russian's.

Its the fiels they dominated once, but we are making huge inroads, take your Chinese girl for example, she won a medal in swimming which was considered as a American and Australian bastion.

Genetics is an advantage but it is not everything.

China is still a developing country but see what it had done still at this stage, finished at top in Beijing and second in Athens, most probably second here also.

that means during the past 3 Olympics you are constantly scoring more than the traditional powerhouses like Russia, UK, Germany and Australia.

Give your athletes times, if not in the near future but there are every chances you will be the one giving the American's a run for their money, infact it even happened in this Olympics also, most most of the time you dominated the medal tally before athletics started.

Reporting olympic news.

go to the indian thread on desi Olympics, Loser!

Well you are very much invited to our thread,if you want, welcome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom