What's new

Sequel: 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal

WTF?!?!!!!

How did that American win gold in the diving?
We were leading by a massive margin going into the finals.
Absolutely pathetic the judges awarded the american gold. This is outrageous. Blatant cheating by the judges.

I think the scores from semis will not be counted in the final. The athletes have to start afresh!

You probably have missed Daly's appeal for re-taking the first dive on grounds of inference by flashing cameras in the spectators! That incidence of allowing the diver to jump for a second time of the same dive is unprecedented in my memories!

Hmm regarding the fairness of the gold to USA, I think the US diver performed very well. it was a very tight match for the top 3 positions. If I were the judge, I would have given 2 gold medals to China and USA, one each!

How did the American get gold when he was so far behind? Did anyone see it, I missed it. I've never even heard of this American, he just comes out of nowhere to win gold? He was behind by 30 points, that's a MASSIVE deficit to make up.

Americans must have bribed the judges real good to win gold, what a farce.

@shuttler

No, points are carried over from preliminary and semis.

How did the American get gold when he was so far behind? Did anyone see it, I missed it. I've never even heard of this American, he just comes out of nowhere to win gold? He was behind by 30 points, that's a MASSIVE deficit to make up.

Americans must have bribed the judges real good to win gold, what a farce.

@shuttler

No, points are carried over from preliminary and semis.

nah, I am pretty sure about that! They have to start all over again in the final

Check this one out:

Competition format

The competition has three phases. Each phase consists of six dives for men. A random draw is made in advance to decide the order in which athletes dive. A panel of seven judges assesses each dive, giving a score out of 10.

After the preliminary round, the best 18 divers in each event progress to the semi-final. Athletes dive in reverse order of their scores in the preliminary round, with the highest scoring athlete diving last.

The best 12 divers from the semi-final in each event progress to the final. Again they dive in phases and in reverse order of their scores in the semi-final, with the highest-placed diver going last.

The scores achieved in the final are the ones that determine the medals. The diver with the highest total score takes the gold.

http://www.london2012.com/diving/event/men-10m/competition-format/

Why are any Chinese crying about fair play? We even include ping-pong and badmitton as "sports" so they can win some medals.

Why are any Chinese crying about fair play? We even include ping-pong and badmitton as "sports" so they can win some medals.

you dont have any juice to play for these games!

Closing towards the finale!

Do we have any medal hopes in:

Marathon Man
Men's cycling mountain bike, cross country
Women's modern pentathlon

Down to the wire! Fight until the last c.c.!

Go China!:china: Jiayou!:china:

But I'm certain I saw scores carried over to the final. In the semis they had like 200 odd points, then by the time the final was finished, they had 400 points.

Closing towards the finale!

Do we have any medal hopes in:

Marathon Man
Men's cycling mountain bike, cross country
Women's modern pentathlon

Down to the wire! Fight until the last c.c.!

Go China!:china: Jiayou!:china:
Lol, you guys do have moxie...and it was tight too the wire! Good job China...your improvement over the last twenty years is insane...next olympics will be fun!

If Americans are STEALING our gold medals from gymnastics and diving through bribing the judges, I think we should beat them in swimming in 2016.
The Americans very well know they cannot beat us in a fair contest, so they do what Americans do best.....CHEAT!
So many of our gold medals were robbed in this Olympics, from cycling, gymnastics, diving, boxing.
If this Olympics was a fair contest, we would be ahead of the US in the gold medal count just like in 2008.
But the US knows they are in decline, so they try to cheat to stay in front. A clear sign of a country that is rattled by the challenge.

I still cannot believe how that American got gold in diving, he was 30 freaking points behind, that is f**king HUGE in diving. Must have given the highest possible score to the yank and gave low scores to everyone else.
Bunch of cheats. Most of their track athletes will get busted for drugs in a few months anyway.

lol I thought the brits were despicable ****, but apparently I kept underestimating their shittiness. well done for 7 dives, this is really a historical moment of shame.

congrats to the David Boudia and Qiu Bo on their real performance.

The Queen should take off her clothes and dive for Britain (and all the referees should give her full points).

First Ping-pong and badminton are sports. Second they were included in the Olympics by the Olympic committee instead of insignificant 'You'.

FYI Bolt just beat the world (US included) in 100m*4. You don't think the Jamacans include 100m*4 as "sports" so they can win some medals?

But I'm certain I saw scores carried over to the final. In the semis they had like 200 odd points, then by the time the final was finished, they had 400 points.

You must have been distracted by something more attractive! By the way, you have not seen the match, have you?

Sorry but I don't accept that Qiu Bo lost, they handed David Boudia the gold. Daylight robbery!

Boudia dived very well. I have no question about that. Qiu was equally up to the task! But, the controversy is the difference between gold and silver is only 1.8 points. In a game like diving where each round is decided by judgement, that 1.8 difference sucks and the partisan crowd is the factor! USA was as good as diving at home.

Technically Wrong.

The US won 79 gold medals at the 1904 Olympics in St Louis Missouri

The US also won 81 gold medals during the 1984 Olympics.

1904 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you look at the number of countries plus the athletes representing each country it doesn't surprise me USA would take all the gold.

1984 Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
USA is the only country with 600 athletes at the Games.

So yeah i stand corrected USA gained > 51 golds in 2 Games BUT to be fair we have to take the info i mentioned into account.

Boudia dived very well. I have no question about that. Qiu was equally up to the task! But, the controversy is the difference between gold and silver is only 1.8 points. In a game like diving where each round is decided by judgement, that 1.8 difference sucks and the partisan crowd is the factor! USA was as good as diving at home.

If boudia and Qiu were similar, then how did boudia win when Qiu had a 30 point lead. Man I hate the whites, racist scumbags. They hate china so much they will cheer any white against a Chinese athlete.
Soooooo happy the white countries are going bankrupt, hopefully they all go bankrupt and collapse.
The entire white race hates us. They don't cheer for us in table tennis, badminton, diving, swimming, gymnastics.

Back
Top Bottom