What's new

Serbia to restart Kosovo War ? - Russia helps tensions in the Balkans rise..

Ali_Baba

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Serbian President Vucic claimed that Kosovan troops are preparing to “attack” Kosovo Serbs in the north of the country and remove by force several of the roadblocks that Serbs started putting up 18 days ago to protest the arrest of a former Kosovo Serb police officer.

Kosovo Serbians make up six percent of the population and Serbian officials have repeatedly claimed they are the victim of discrimination in Kosovo.

This month Serbia claimed that existing European Union and NATO-led peacekeeping missions had failed to protect the Kosovo Serbian minority. Nearly 4,000 NATO troops are stationed in the region.
Tensions between Kosovo, which declared independence after a war in 2008, and Serbia have reached their peak over the past month. Western attempts to reach a negotiated settlement have failed, with Serbia refusing to recognize Kosovo’s statehood.

>> It is starting to look like Russia is trying to egg on Serbia to make it issues with Kosovo become more militaristic ..

There are NATO peace keeping troups there - and the recent chinese SAM systems wont be a problem if NATO re-asserts its dominance in that region again. Russia is for sure trying to "thin" out NATO resolve..

Lets see - could be nothing or routine of course.

Last edited:
Honestly the only solution to this problem I see is a land swap between Kosovo and Serbia, where Serbia gets Northern Kosovo and Kosovo gets Preševo Valley from Serbia, and in return Serbia recognizes Kosovo officially.

North_Kosovo_blank_map.png

PresevoValleyMap.png

I know some people are hesitant, b/c this might spark other BS in the Balkans, namely Serbians in Bosnia trying to start BS or others wanting to change borders, but I see no other way around this, the Serbs in Northern Kosovo resent that Kosovo broke off from Serbia, and will never accept it, and they will always try to start some BS over, likely receiving support from Serbia about the drama, b/c Serbian Nationalist will pressure the govt to support it, and there is really no gain in Serbia for accepting the seperation of Kosovo without anything in return(they tried convincing Serbia to recognize it in return for EU membership, but it doesn't seem likely) and this thing will drag on forever, with no end in sight.

Kosovo rightly belongs to Serbia. In WW1 Ottoman empire lost Kosovo to Serbia in Treaty of Versaille. Serbia never recognized Kosovo as independent. There was no treaty ending the Kosovo war.

Americans gave Kosovo to the Albanians,but they nag about Crimea and the Donbass.

Honestly the only solution to this problem I see is a land swap between Kosovo and Serbia, where Serbia gets Northern Kosovo and Kosovo gets Preševo Valley from Serbia, and in return Serbia recognizes Kosovo officially.

PresevoValleyMap.png

I know some people are hesitant, b/c this might spark other BS in the Balkans, namely Serbians in Bosnia trying to start BS or others wanting to change borders, but I see no other way around this, the Serbs in Northern Kosovo resent that Kosovo broke off from Serbia, and will never accept it, and they will always try to start some BS over, likely receiving support from Serbia about the drama, b/c Serbian Nationalist will pressure the govt to support it, and there is really no gain in Serbia for accepting the seperation of Kosovo without anything in return(they tried convincing Serbia to recognize it in return for EU membership, but it doesn't seem likely) and this thing will drag on forever, with no end in sight.
That would have been madness. The people would rise up and destroy the parliament.

Americans gave Kosovo to the Albanians,but they nag about Crimea and the Donbass.

Well the reason the intervention happened is b/c the Serbs decided to do stupid things with Milošević. Which forced NATO to intervene.

That would have been madness. The people would rise up and destroy the parliament.

Where? in Kosovo? or Serbia? The land swap proposal was actually brought up by Vučić, its not a bad solution even some Serbian nationalists have been in favor of it, b/c it lets the Serbs of Northern Kosovo back into Serbia, cuts out problems in Preševo Valley for Serbia, and also gets rid of any issue, between Kosovo and Serbia, the problem is precedent and other crap starting elsewhere, in Macedonia or Bosnia.

Well the reason the intervention happened is b/c the Serbs decided to do stupid things with Milošević. Which forced NATO to intervene.
The fact that they were provoked by Albanian armed thugs plays no role I suppose?

Where? in Kosovo? or Serbia? The land swap proposal was actually brought up by Vučić, its not a bad solution even some Serbian nationalists have been in favor of it, b/c it lets the Serbs of Northern Kosovo back into Serbia, cuts out problems in Preševo Valley for Serbia, and also gets rid of any issue, between Kosovo and Serbia, the problem is precedent and other crap starting elsewhere, in Macedonia or Bosnia.
It's a ridiculously small amount of land for the Serbs. It's insane.

Kosovo.jpg

The fact that they were provoked by Albanian armed thugs plays no role I suppose?

I'm not even going to bother talking to you, you know damm well Milosovic and his BS didn't start in 1999.

Many of the Serbs were forcibly settled in Kosovo by Milosevic. I have no issue with Serbs living in Kosovo, I'm not an ethno fetishist like you. If they wish to live there, I would support their right, but Kosovo is poor, and was under economic blockade by Serbia for many years, serbs who didn't really really live there long, don't have particular attachment enough to go live in a poor area when they have better prospects elsewhere, particularly when the Yugoslav army withdrew from the Areas and NATO forces came in. Its why many Albanians who were displaced from the war returned.

Also for a Pro NATO guy you seem to be very Anti NATO when it comes to NATO missions that were approved by NATO as a collective. lol

Last edited:
I'm not even going to bother talking to you, you know damm well Milosovic and his BS didn't start in 1999.
Then don't talk to me 🤷‍♂️

Many of the Serbs were forcibly settled in Kosovo by Molosovic. I have no issue with Serbs living in Kosovo, I'm not an ethno fetishist like you. If they wish to live there, I would support their right, but Kosovo is poor, and was under economic blockade by Serbia for many years, serbs who didn't really really live there long, don't have particular attachment enough to go live in a poor area when they have better prospects elsewhere, particularly when the Yugoslav army withdrew from the Areas and NATO forces came in. Its why many Albanians who were displaced from the war returned.
Molosovic?

All this kicked off after Blinkens visit to Kosovo. Designed to 'extend' Russia when they have there hands full in the Ukraine.

It's the US and its vassals pouring petrol on a fire.

Last edited:

Same can be said of Russian invasion of Ukraine to protect people of Donbas.

All this kicked off after Blinkens visit to Kosovo. Designed to 'extend' Russia when they have there hands full in the Ukraine.

It's the US and its vassals pouring the petrol on a fire.

It drags China into the war. China has 10 times the population of Russia.

PresevoValleyMap.png

It's the only feasible solution and a great way for Serbia to retain some of their beloved Kosovo and in return get rid of a group of people whose loyalty to the Serbian state will be questionable. It's a shame Kurti has rejected the idea as Kosovo's economic situation will also improve with a normalisation of its relationship with one of the largest nations in the region.

The US beat Serbs out of Kosovo but did not make Serbs sign a treaty recognizing Kosovo the way the French beat Brits into signing Treaty of Paris recognizing America.

View attachment 908680

These maps are ficticious given Serbs make up 6% of the population of Kosovo. Serbs and Belgrade draw maps showing how Serbs inhabit areas and then place them out into the world as information warfare tools. Also, when Serbs draw maps they completely ignore other people, so if a village has 100 serbs they will mark the whole village as serbian even though this same village has 800 people (700 Albanians and 100 Serbs)… see what we in the balkans have to deal with?

Kosovo population- 2 million people, 1.9 million ethnic muslim Albanians.

Serbia has a population of 7 million with 6 million ethnic Serbs. Now, having Kosovo would change the social and religious fabric of Serbia. They are better off without it. Why? Well because Serbia is a small and poor country, you can’t keep 1.9 mollion Albanians locked up.. this could happen of Serbia had 20+ million… but it doesn’t.

Milosevic started their opression of Albanians and Albanians faught back… then Milosevic sent in the army, later the world started seeing mass graves. And, having learned a lesson in Bosnia (don’t trust serb negotiators), they immediately launched a mission to stop Milosevic from orchestrating another genocide in Europe. Albanians can thank Bosnia for this given the world learned a lot in the Bosnian war esp around serb manipulation, ethnic cleansing tactics and mass systematic killing and rapes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom