What's new

Seven blunders that will always haunt India

may be..i dont want to argue on what was the original reason..I am now fed up of the debate on that and also tired...for me its a mistake which I am not ready to forgive the Indian govt. whoever it was. i rest it here.

In that case I beg to differ with you.

The same way I differ with people who hail Bhindranwale or his goons or the murderers of Indira as heros.
the Indian govt.

What is Indian Government? Who choose it? The GOI rebuilt The Golden Temple.

Indira was solely responsible who is not alive today.

GB

The same way I differ with people who hail Bhindranwale or his goons or the murderers of Indira as heros.

For me its not the case of Bhindrawala,you are putting words in my mouth, I never mentioned about him....for me it was the time and place of attack...and also the reasons which I sincerely do not want to discuss, atleast on this particular forum.

Although BJP never had a long enough rule in Delhi, it used its periodic power in the states to harm India's secular fabric. Babri Masjid demolition and the Gujarat Riots were two avoidable and shameful incidents that happened when the BJP was in power in the respective states.

I would say that its incorrect to blame BJP ONLY for especially Babri demolition. Discovery, Fox history and our own news channels have shown this documentary atleast a million times on how Narsimha Rao did nothing to prevent the demolition. Others even suggested that he was hands in glove with Advani and RSS.

Congress and BJP are two sides of the same coin.

What is Indian Government? Who choose it? The GOI rebuilt The Golden Temple.

Indira was solely responsible who is not alive today.

GB

The rebuilding was done in extra haste as GoI didnt want the damage to be seen by the population and used as fuel to increase extremism in the state.

I dont choose any of the two sides in that conflict. It was an unfortunate but avoidable incident.

Why does decades of neglect to the north-eastern region and tribals does not feature in India's blunders? This attitude along-with the naked rape of the "Illegal Immigration and Passage of IMDT Act" by the then congress govt is the prime reason for the unrest and subsequent under-development of this beautiful region abundant with natural resources and natural beauty.

Also decades of neglect to the tribals along with their exploitation by the mining lobby is the main reason for the present maoism mess India finds itself in.

And mark my words, unless India cannot achieve a homogeneous development, all the show-baazi in Delhi CWG etc are worthless.

The rebuilding was done in extra haste as GoI didnt want the damage to be seen by the population and used as fuel to increase extremism in the state.

I dont choose any of the two sides in that conflict. It was an unfortunate but avoidable incident.

18 years on we are nowhere near rebuilding Babri Masjid.
It was an unfortunate but avoidable incident.

I beg to differ. Blue Star was unavoidable.

As I keep mentioning Indira shoouldn't have supported Bhindranwale to begin with. That is the root cause of all the unfortunate events.

GB

Hey GB, You don't seem to get it, do you??????

Enough with the Blue Star discussion already. It's ****** ****** linen, and NOT fit to be openly washed openly on the PAKISTAN defence forum so 'they' can eat popcorn and watch the fun.

Broad enough a hint for you?

BJP is ruling Gujarat from last 20 years and see what happened..

Gujarat stands first in India.
not only in industries but Gujarat stand also first in Agriculture sectore with double digit growth rate while whole India can only manage 2-2.5% growth rate.

I'm from Gujarat and I'm sure that what happened in Gujarat during Godhra incident was unavoidable even though there was non-BJP government.

The position on Kashmir is BS Indian point of view. India had no choice but to go to the UN and beg for a ceasefire, India had no choice then to accept the UN resolution calling for a right to self-determination. It was the right thing to do. The day it did a U-turn on Kashmir was its biggest blunder

BJP is ruling Gujarat from last 20 years and see what happened..

Gujarat stands first in India.
not only in industries but Gujarat stand also first in Agriculture sectore with double digit growth rate while whole India can only manage 2-2.5% growth rate.

I'm from Gujarat and I'm sure that what happened in Gujarat during Godhra incident was unavoidable even though there was non-BJP government.

You forgot to mention.

Muslims in Gujrat has highest GDP among any other Indian state.

GB

Kashmir Mess

There can be no better example of shooting one's own foot than India's clumsy handling of the Kashmir issue. It is a saga of naivety, blinkered vision and inept leadership.

Hari Singh was the reigning monarch of the state of Jammu and Kashmir in 1947. He was vacillating when tribal marauders invaded Kashmir in October 1947, duly backed by the Pakistan army. Unable to counter them, Hari Singh appealed to India for assistance and agreed to accede to India. Indian forces blunted the invasion and re-conquered vast areas.

First, India erred by not insisting on unequivocal accession of the state to the Dominion of India and granted special status to it through Article 380 of the Constitution.
Secondly, when on the verge of evicting all invaders and recapturing the complete state, India halted operations on 1 January 1949 and appealed to the Security Council. It is the only case in known history wherein a country, when on the threshold of complete victory, has voluntarily forsaken it in the misplaced hope of winning admiration of the world community.
Thirdly and most shockingly, the Indian leadership made a highly unconstitutional offer of plebiscite in the UN.

You can say that to feel good, no body will buy that, India didnt go to security council willingly by itself, it was forced to go, otherwise the remaining 60% would have been ours aswell.

Dont forget it was a Pakistani counter attack which cut the road between Uri and Punch, along with supply problems that forced india to go begging to UN.

threshold of complete victory

BS

voluntarily forsaken

BS

winning admiration of the world community

BS

Last edited:
7 is just a number. The biggest blunder that India did was to trust our friendly Pakistan and China neighbours. But it will probably not be haunting India too much anymore. The new era is all about economics and India does not see any ghosts that it cannot handle in that field.

18 years on we are nowhere near rebuilding Babri Masjid.

That my friend is a shame and an insult. Not only for a 150 million strong community but to our collective history. That fact that we allowed a 400 yr old monument to be destroyed by hooligans and have come up with no plans to rebuild it.

I beg to differ. Blue Star was unavoidable.

I would like to know more about how you came to that conclusion. AFAIK, GoI and later IG could have easily avoided the incident by a) being more receptive to the rightful post-independence demands of the Punjabi/Sikh population and b) by not using the sensitive nature of Punjab political atmosphere to advance Congress's cause in the state.
These are political things, militarily too, countless experts have offered the opinion on how a siege could have been more effective than a operation.

As I keep mentioning Indira shouldn't have supported Bhindranwale to begin with. That is the root cause of all the unfortunate events.
Exactly. One of the prime reasons how it could have been avoided.

7 is just a number. The biggest blunder that India did was to trust our friendly Pakistan and China neighbours. But it will probably not be haunting India too much anymore. The new era is all about economics and India does not see any ghosts that it cannot handle in that field.

The biggest blunder of India is to not have policy to have friendly relations with any of its neighbours.

Bhutan, Nepal and Maldives does not count as they are easily bullied.

The position on Kashmir is BS Indian point of view. India had no choice but to go to the UN and beg for a ceasefire, India had no choice then to accept the UN resolution calling for a right to self-determination. It was the right thing to do. The day it did a U-turn on Kashmir was its biggest blunder

Your post is BS. Let me tell you how -

1. India was beginning to push back the raiders and the Pak Army to the original border, tearing to shreds, not for the first time, the Pakistani pretext of a Mujaheddin assault. Thus India had no reason to go to the UN. We had the upper hand.

2. India did the rightful thing by not implementing the UN resolution as Pak clearly was still dreaming of conquering Kashmir. Pak would have never removed its forces from the occupied Kashmir territories.

India has only itself and the politically naive and dreamy peacenik Nehru, to blame for Kashmir. He tried to play the nice guy and took the issue to the UN. If he would have let the Army carry on for another month, there'd have been no Kashmir issue to discuss today and we would have all been living in peace. How about that?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom