What's new

Seven blunders that will always haunt India

The biggest blunder of India is to not have policy to have friendly relations with any of its neighbours.

Bhutan, Nepal and Maldives does not count as they are easily bullied.

Yup, its all India's fault. Never mind the sneaky and devious Pakistan to the west and the thankless BD to the east. India is the devil and everybody else are saints!

The biggest blunder of India is to not have policy to have friendly relations with any of its neighbours.

In fact it was exactly the opposite. India had a policy of trust with its neighbours. We got a bloody nose with that policy from Pakistan and China. So since then we have been careful and it has made a difference but at the same time still trusting other countries around and away from us.

China is growing and so is India. Despite anti India nexus of China and Pakistan and China continuing to use Pakistan to deter Indian growth. But India is growing and that is an undisputable fact.

Only that trust and patience are the reasons of us being able to live in this world with self respect and as equal to any unlike other nations.

Yup, its all India's fault. Never mind the sneaky and devious Pakistan to the west and the thankless BD to the east. India is the devil and everybody else are saints!

what about china to the north and sri lanka to the south, quite an angel India is.

India is the devil and everybody else are saints

A sarcastic person has a superiority complex that can be cured only by the honesty of humility.” Lawrence G. Lovasik "

Your post is BS. Let me tell you how -

1. India was beginning to push back the raiders and the Pak Army to the original border, tearing to shreds, not for the first time, the Pakistani pretext of a Mujaheddin assault. Thus India had no reason to go to the UN. We had the upper hand.

2. India did the rightful thing by not implementing the UN resolution as Pak clearly was still dreaming of conquering Kashmir. Pak would have never removed its forces from the occupied Kashmir territories.

India has only itself and the politically naive and dreamy peacenik Nehru, to blame for Kashmir. He tried to play the nice guy and took the issue to the UN. If he would have let the Army carry on for another month, there'd have been no Kashmir issue to discuss today and we would have all been living in peace. How about that?

How about calling the above post another BS
Nehry is blamed not only for going to UN but for starting the kashmir issue aswell. Take the whole picture.

In fact it was exactly the opposite. India had a policy of trust with its neighbours. We got a bloody nose with that policy from Pakistan and China. So since then we have been careful and it has made a difference but at the same time still trusting other countries around and away from us.

China is growing and so is India. Despite anti India nexus of China and Pakistan and China continuing to use Pakistan to deter Indian growth. But India is growing and that is an undisputable fact.

Only that trust and patience are the reasons of us being able to live in this world with self respect and as equal to any unlike other nations.
I consider this leap in growth to be only because we are bz some where else, still we are growing, there was not much difference in our economies post 9/11.

I will beg to disagree here,well not entirely.the relations with our neighbours are much better nowadays than what it used to be before.

We have good economic relations with Srilanka.Indian automobile and tele communication companies have a big market there.
We have good diplomatic relations with Srilanka.Srilanka supports India's candidature in UNSC.Every year a lot of students come to India for studying.One of my best friends is a Srilankan girl who used to be in my Department in my college.

Relations with China went sour in 1962 but we are improving fast.Last year only the trade through Nathu-la pass on the famed Silk Route re opened.Now we have a trade relation with China with volume of about $60 billion.

We have goo relations with Bangladesh,with trade relations increasing.India has recently offered $1billion in loan to Bangladesh,working together in building bridges,roads and power plants.India companies like Tata Motors and Bharati-Airtel are going for joint-venture with Bangladeshi companies.Bangladesh has also helped India to catch the fugitive terrorist leaders of North-East thus bringing insurgency isuue to an almost zero.

Positive changes are happening as we speak,so far as relation with Pakistan is concerned.India has already given MFN status to Pakistan,though the later is yet to return the favour.Our political leaders are engaged in talks.Bilateral trade potential is estimated to be around $10billion by ASSOCHAM.We have a scope to improve there.

You are wrong .... Current India is way different from 90's era. Basically Our peoples dont want to fight and top of that due to education and fast communication we know each other very well in terms of culture,values, life style.

This is happening fast and even it will happen in next few years. Our peoples are now able to see beyond religon and fantacy stories..

Each and every one is worried about bread and butter. No place for religon in secular india..

Jai Hind......

I will beg to disagree here,well not entirely.the relations with our neighbours are much better nowadays than what it used to be before.

We have good economic relations with Srilanka.Indian automobile and tele communication companies have a big market there.
We have good diplomatic relations with Srilanka.Srilanka supports India's candidature in UNSC.Every year a lot of students come to India for studying.One of my best friends is a Srilankan girl who used to be in my Department in my college.

Relations with China went sour in 1962 but we are improving fast.Last year only the trade through Nathu-la pass on the famed Silk Route re opened.Now we have a trade relation with China with volume of about $60 billion.

We have goo relations with Bangladesh,with trade relations increasing.India has recently offered $1billion in loan to Bangladesh,working together in building bridges,roads and power plants.India companies like Tata Motors and Bharati-Airtel are going for joint-venture with Bangladeshi companies.Bangladesh has also helped India to catch the fugitive terrorist leaders of North-East thus bringing insurgency isuue to an almost zero.

Positive changes are happening as we speak,so far as relation with Pakistan is concerned.India has already given MFN status to Pakistan,though the later is yet to return the favour.Our political leaders are engaged in talks.Bilateral trade potential is estimated to be around $10billion by ASSOCHAM.We have a scope to improve there.

I agree, but this thread is about blunders of the past, i said it in that context,

Its never too late.

In my view, the problem of Kashmir is no longer an issue for India. Apart from sentiments that it generates, its not a top issue either from economic or humanitarian perspective.

We must be losing 100 times the money we spend in Kashmir/Siachin etc to corruption and inefficiencies and 1000 times the lives to mismangement of natural disasters and poverty. I personally believe, focussing on this whole Pakistan/Kashmir/Terrorism, at senior govt level, we are diverting from Key issues.

Should simply let Army/RAW handle the response to the above as they see fit. Govt energies should be focussed on solving real issues like poverty, economic growth and trade with the world, Maoists etc..

In my view, the problem of Kashmir is no longer an issue for India. Apart from sentiments that it generates, its not a top issue either from economic or humanitarian perspective.

We must be losing 100 times the money we spend in Kashmir/Siachin etc to corruption and inefficiencies and 1000 times the lives to mismangement of natural disasters and poverty. I personally believe, focussing on this whole Pakistan/Kashmir/Terrorism, at senior govt level, we are diverting from Key issues.

Should simply let Army/RAW handle the response to the above as they see fit. Govt energies should be focussed on solving real issues like poverty, economic growth and trade with the world, Maoists etc..

I liked your view, honestly.. if more people think that its not an issue any more, its good for us, good for Pakistan.

Next time when we'll have a chance we'll grab it :devil:

Its an key issue for us, as long as it is, things cannot be normal between us two.
We will not let it go :angry:

How about calling the above post another BS
Nehry is blamed not only for going to UN but for starting the kashmir issue aswell. Take the whole picture.

You are free to call it whatever you want to.

What do you mean starting the Kashmir issue? You are not talking about sending in troops to repel the tribal raiders, are you?

A sarcastic person has a superiority complex that can be cured only by the honesty of humility.” Lawrence G. Lovasik "

Thanks. I will keep my complexes for now. Let me know when you can find your own quotes.

I liked your view, honestly.. if more people think that its not an issue any more, its good for us, good for Pakistan.

Its an key issue for us, as long as it is, things cannot be normal between us two.

still u havent realized the real issue for pakistan.and u got enough unsuccessfull attempts.i like ur grabbing power

Thats exactly my point. India should maintain the minimum deterence thru army and raw there.. A few infiltrators killed every month. Hit back thru moral support to insurgencies in Pakistan without making too much of hoo ha like sending Chidambram and Krishna. Focus more on internal problems because Paksitan is in no shape to grab Kashmir now. Too much going on internally. Focus on growing the gap between India and Pakistan by growing faster.

1990's Pakistan was closest in grabbing Kashmir. Now the gap is grown enough for the issue to have become more of an irritant than anything substantial. I believe most of the pressure India is bringing about on Pakistan internationally is purely out of animosity. But I would rather spend India's diplomatic capital in growing India than diminishing Pakistan

I consider this leap in growth to be only because we are bz some where else, still we are growing, there was not much difference in our economies post 9/11.

Yaah, but your being busy somewhere else has all to do with your own policies. No-one exported this menace to your country behind your back so let us leave it at that and see the bigger picture of the different approach that our countries have. Ours leave no or little room for ghosts lingering in the closets at least none that we do not know about and cannot prepare for.

Can we say the same about Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom