What's new

Sexual health book in Pakistan schools draws protests

Gossipmonger

Reaction score
Sexual health book in Pakistan schools draws protests

Karachi, April 11 (IANS) A school book on sexual health, which exhorts use of "secure procedure" during sexual intercourse, has been termed controversial as a parent asked "Is this what we send our daughters to learn from school?"

The school book on sexual health is part of the curricula for class six to class 10 in government secondary schools of Karachi.

Called "Zindagi guzarne ke maharaton per mubni taaleem" (Life Skill Based Education - LSBE), the book is supplementary besides the syllabus approved by the Sindh Text Book Board (STBB), the Daily Times reported Monday.

A girl student's father pointed out that in chapter 12, students have been instructed to use "secure procedure" during sexual intercourse with their partners to avoid diseases like AIDS.

It goes on to instruct, "During sex with an affected person or someone you don't know, a condom should be used".

The man asked: "Is this what we send our daughters to learn from school?"

The media report said that a few teachers backed out from teaching the book after reading it. Several principals and an education officer in Karachi have termed the content of the book controversial.

The content was contrary to the local values and should be modified, District Education Officer Shabbir Ahmed Jokhio was quoted as saying. He hoped that the objectionable content would be taken out from the book in the next year.

Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!

this type of books should be banned in schools.......this is against our moral and religious values.......if they want to teach about this then they should teach about islam bcz everything is explained in HOLY QURAN and in SHARIYAT

this type of books should be banned in schools.......this is against our moral and religious values.......if they want to teach about this then they should teach about islam bcz everything is explained in HOLY QURAN and in SHARIYAT

For a 'doctor', I would have thought you'd be more open minded towards sex-education.

Oh well. :coffee:

im open minded but something like that should not be tought at school level at least............. we study such things in medical because its necessary for our education and ppl come to us...........but in medical there is much contrast between islamic ethics and moral and legal ethics so as a muslim we prefer to follow islamic ethics

Iam sure our 'NGO's ' will have played a part in recommending this book.

Oh BTW India needs these books more than Pakistan....after all India has more AIDS examples.

Ans ISLAM explains everything what is right and what is wrong about sex but if someone dont want to follow then no one can do nothing..........the education given in the name of SEX education is contraindicated with ISLAM.......open sex or sex with unknown is forbidden everyone knows that sso there should be no such type of education.....just read islam then everyone gets any type of social education

wow what book, i never came across such book???, is there new revision for books??

I dont know why some of us are against sex education, education about sex could be a range of issues not just having sex with strangers. We people get an electric shock if we hear the word sex. Although before giving these books to the pupils they should have taken to account the society of pakistan and the age of children, apart from that i think we should stop being anti sex or anti sex education--at least for our own good.

I dont know why some of us are against sex education, education about sex could be a range of issues not just having sex with strangers. We people get an electric shock if we hear the word sex. Although before giving these books to the pupils they should have taken to account the society of pakistan and the age of children, apart from that i think we should stop being anti sex or anti sex education--at least for our own good.

ISLAM explains every issue about sex......other than that what type of sex education our public needs?
if some marred couple needs any type of advice or they have any issue they can go to doctors........
but teaching about sex at the age of 12,14,16 yrs has no use

the safest sex is getting married and have children, but in the west one can understand the need for sex education as the 15 or 16 yr old kids are banging each other, and even their parents dont know or if they know they dont mind it.. in islam sex is after marriage and its source for generating a family and not just having fun with dozens of boy friends out there..

i dont know what education is needed for getting married and then having a family, has there been any need for sex education in the past thousands of years???

the safest sex is getting married and have children, but in the west one can understand the need for sex education as the 15 or 16 yr old kids are banging each other, and even their parents dont know or if they know they dont mind it.. in islam sex is after marriage and its source for generating a family and not just having fun with dozens of boy friends out there..

i dont know what education is needed for getting married and then having a family, has there been any need for sex education in the past thousands of years???
you explained very well nice job BRO

ISLAM explains every issue about sex......other than that what type of sex education our public needs?
if some marred couple needs any type of advice or they have any issue they can go to doctors........
but teaching about sex at the age of 12,14,16 yrs has no use

Since you are a doctor, you should know more than the ordinary people like me about these issues. As I said above, sex education cannot just be about sex between strangers, it can be anything. Although they should consider the cultural issues of a country like Pakistan, but it is a right decistion to introduce these types of education, we have to relax ourselves a bit when it comes to sex, now i dont say you go and sleep around, that is not what i am saying---what i say is to go educate yourself about something which is part of you and is very very natural. Do you know how many women lose their lives or having life of a hell because she didnt have intact hymen when she first got married? If that uneducated husband knew about hymen, he wouldnt have murdered or tortured his poor wife for the rest of her life for the sake of one stupid broken tissue which was not her own fault or she didnt even have it in the first place, there are alot of other issues as well with regards to sex but what is the point of telling if you have already made your mind.

Back
Top Bottom