What's new

Shale oil and gas technology - An alternative to a N-deal?

Menace2Society

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I know US is unwilling to provide a nuclear deal to Pakistan however what about Shale mining technology?

Pakistan has a huge reserve and US can profit from this also so everybody wins and ties can become healthy again.

shale+oil+Pakistan.png

I know US is unwilling to provide a nuclear deal to Pakistan however what about Shale mining technology?

Pakistan has a huge reserve and US can profit from this also so everybody wins and ties can become healthy again.

shale+oil+Pakistan.png
U r delusional to think us will HELP . Period. U should have played ur cards right during soviet era and could have asked for the moon and they would have delivered . But during the hay days it was the usual suspects that gianed advantage namely politicians and or establishment .
If u can get any help go for it but when negitiating do go for transfer of technology as india does . Not against it but what r u doing with thar coal they can b developed more easily if the govt has a will .
What about iran pipeline , thats a no brainer even the soviet is selling gas to china , once they were opposte poles. The hell with the rest of the world , look out for yourself , by that i meant country not literelly

Did we ask them for this technology ? Or has USA offered this technology to us ? Or should we ask USA for this technology ? Please elaborate.

Did we ask them for this technology ? Or has USA offered this technology to us ? Or should we ask USA for this technology ? Please elaborate.

U r delusional to think us will HELP . Period. U should have played ur cards right during soviet era and could have asked for the moon and they would have delivered . But during the hay days it was the usual suspects that gianed advantage namely politicians and or establishment .
If u can get any help go for it but when negitiating do go for transfer of technology as india does . Not against it but what r u doing with thar coal they can b developed more easily if the govt has a will .
What about iran pipeline , thats a no brainer even the soviet is selling gas to china , once they were opposte poles. The hell with the rest of the world , look out for yourself , by that i meant country not literelly

From what I gather Pak and US are in advanced talks over Shale mining assistance. Last year US geologists visited as a prep. Numbers are showing vast technically recoverable oil and gas.

Pakistan has backed US in WOT and has been an ally for more than half a century. I am not sure why Indians can question loyalty to allies when they have been up Soviet Unions a*s for most of their existence.

Below is a picture of the common Oil/ Natural Gas fields found across the world, and to the right of what is classified as Shale Oil/ Natural Gas:

500px-%28Non%29_Conventional_Deposits.svg.png

Below is research gathered by the US Energy Information Institute:

500px-EIA_World_Shale_Gas_Map.png

The US Energy Information Institute estimates that Pakistan has 52 Trillion Cubic Feet of Shale Natural Gas, and 9 Billion Barrels of Shale Oil.

And this is compared to estimates that by 2023 Pakistan will no longer have any domestic Natural Gas, and by 2022 there will no longer be domestic Oil by current production.

Shale Gas and it's technology have revolutionized the European-Russian Relationship. No longer with American Shale Gas Technology will Europe be wholly-fully dependent on Russian Natural Gas to heat the continent in Winter.

Attached is a Policy Study by the Sustainable Development Policy Institute, a Pakistani Think Tank ranked 5th in Asia, and top 20 Globally:

http://www.sdpi.org/publications/files/Shale_Gas_Viability_and_Prospects_for_Pakistan.pdf

Pakistan-US Nuclear Deal, Don't hold your breath:

Pakistan needs to get out of its fixation of wanting to be compared to India. The US OFFERED the Nuclear deal to India because it knew the Indians could afford to pay for the reactors, the reactors will rejuvenate the US Nuclear Industry, and the deal was a "Carrot" to India to bring it closer to the US Sphere of Influence.

When Obama visited India on the Republics Day, he also signed a deal to provide 100,000 MW of Solar produced Electricity available by 2022. While Pakistan is busy producing $9 Billion of Nuclear Reactors designed but untested or built in China next to it's biggest city. Does Pakistan think that it can evacuate 20 million peoples from Karachi or even have the technology to, god forbid, contain a radiation breach? Is it more developed or equipped than Japan, which struggled and still is to fix the environmental effects of Fukushima?

Last edited:
From what I gather Pak and US are in advanced talks over Shale mining assistance. Last year US geologists visited as a prep. Numbers are showing vast technically recoverable oil and gas.

Pakistan has backed US in WOT and has been an ally for more than half a century. I am not sure why Indians can question loyalty to allies when they have been up Soviet Unions a*s for most of their existence.

I also think that assistance in Shale mining will be a win-win situation but lets wait and see (drop in international oil prices may lead to current govt losing interest).

From graph its evident that total shale oil which can be extracted is below 10 billion barrel ..It wont last long for pakistani market ..three or four years of demand

That is good news that american geologists are helping us identify our shale reserves. But if we start extracting shale with USA's help, then what percentage of profit will they take and how much will be left with Pakistan.

is this some new kind of gas can you explain did they find this in pakistan if yes where did they find it

The Oil and Shale reserves of Pakistan are not unlimited. We should use these minerals wisely. Right now when the price of oil is low in world market Pakistan should develop the capability to extract this resource. When prices go high or this resource becomes scarce then we should extract shale by our own means and use it carefully.

shale+oil+Pakistan.png
Of course it is Bhaii. Shal oil gas technology boosted us economy .And not to forget it lowered the oil price aswell. If u have more oil then go for oil production .If not try to tap shall . US might not sell you the technology because it will affect them the most . I can find some other source in black !

So now don't get cringe about nuclear deal and move on. Win Win for both

Source Please , ? On tot ? It's highly unlikely . Why would us give it's tech ? Do u have that much money? When it comes to oil it's lots of money and jobs included.

Back
Top Bottom