What's new

Shanghai Residents "Caged In" With Green Fencing To Prevent Them From Leaving Their Homes

SuperStar20

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
In continuing with China's completely rational and totally not suspect "Covid Zero" policy, reports are now coming in that Chinese authorities are building "cages" around some homes.

This week, people living in Shanghai woke up to "green fences that had been installed by authorities overnight to restrict people's movement," according to a new report by The Mirror.

People with fences around their homes are not permitted to leave their properties, the report says.

Shanghai has had its 25 million citizens on lockdown for weeks due to a spike in Covid cases in the country. 39 people in the city died of Covid on Sunday, April 24, when the lockdowns began in full force.

Photographs of the green fencing being used to keep people in are making their rounds on social media. Meanwhile, citizens in Shanghai are already protesting and rebelling against the latest tranche of Covid lockdowns.

The Mirror writes that people are "shocked" by the latest step of putting up fencing. Residents had no clue the measures would be taken until they woke up one day to see it.

One foreign national told The Mirror that green fencing "popped up" a couple days ago and that the main gain to his complex was "chained up" three weeks ago.

The foreign national said: "There is a long corridor in our compound, and within the long corridor they put up another green fence three days ago. No one told us the reason it was installed."

"No one can get out. I feel helpless. You don't know when the lockdown is going to end. If your area gets fenced off, what if a fire breaks out? I don't think anyone in their right mind can seal people's homes."

One Twitter user, a documentary filmmaker from China, wrote: “We all have heard stories of residents and even entire buildings refusing to go outside for mass testing. Some are fatigued, others fear that being together brings infection risks."

"“Some think sealed-off entrances like this are to separate these folks. The hope being that other residents of a community would not be punished for the lack of co-operation from a few. This might be wishful thinking," they continued.

Taiwan went from 5,000 cases to 12,000 cases in less than a week. Think carefully before you prematurely criticize China's lockdowns. Furthermore, there's no evidence the pandemic is over in the West or in India.

Taipei, April 25 (CNA) Taiwan on Monday reported 5,221 new COVID-19 cases,

Taipei, April 29 (CNA) Taiwan on Friday reported 12,313 new COVID-19 cases,

Well the alternative could be this:

1651245463096.png

1651245488628.png

Taiwan went from 5,000 cases to 12,000 cases in less than a week. Think carefully before you prematurely criticize China's lockdowns. Furthermore, there's no evidence the pandemic is over in the West or in India.

Taipei, April 25 (CNA) Taiwan on Monday reported 5,221 new COVID-19 cases,
Omicorn wave is not fatal. It is just like common cold and flu. Looks like something fishy in china. In India, most states dropped mask and social distance guidelines and requirement.
My biggest worry is they found something else and covering up as covid. We can't trust chinese. They will lie without any expression on their face.

Omicorn wave is not fatal. It is just like common cold and flu. Looks like something fishy in china. In India, most states dropped mask and social distance guidelines and requirement.
My biggest worry is they found something else and covering up as covid. We can't trust chinese. They will lie without any expression on their face.

Keep listening to the Western media and you'll earn yourself an early trip to the crematorium.

Look at this stupid headline from Bloomberg (this is from LAST MONTH). According to them, South Korea reporting 600,000 Covid cases a day is considered "beating" the virus.

How One Country Is Beating Covid Despite 600,000 New Cases a Day

But in a different article...

South Korea's COVID-19 deaths strain crematories, hospitals

Keep listening to the Western media and you'll earn yourself an early trip to the crematorium.

Look at this stupid headline from Bloomberg (this is from LAST MONTH). According to them, South Korea reporting 600,000 Covid cases a day is considered "beating" the virus.

How One Country Is Beating Covid Despite 600,000 New Cases a Day

But in a different article...

South Korea's COVID-19 deaths strain crematories, hospitals
Above articles are 2 month old. check this recent development https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/28/denmark-the-first-country-to-halt-its-covid-vaccination-program.html

Indians whine about 'caged' inside own homes but happy to be caged permanently inside coffins, or maybe they dont use coffins.

My Indian friends tell me they are so fearful of quarantine inside own homes coz most dont have toilets.
If they are forced to do so, the death toll could reach 100s of millions due to drowning in ****.

India's staggering COVID-19 death toll could be 6 million: Study​

The study suggests 6 million people may have died.
BySomayeh Malekian
23 December 2021, 12:02
• 4 min read

New research suggests that India’s COVID-19 death toll during its first and second waves might have been significantly undercounted, with the actual number potentially 12 times higher than the official stats -- over 6 million people..............................................

Last edited:
Indians whine about 'caged' inside own homes but happy to be caged permanently inside coffins, or maybe they dont use coffins.

My Indian friends tell me they are so fearful of quarantine inside own homes coz most dont have toilets.
If they are forced to do so, the death toll could reach 100s of millions due to drowning in ****.

India's staggering COVID-19 death toll could be 6 million: Study​

The study suggests 6 million people may have died.
BySomayeh Malekian
23 December 2021, 12:02
• 4 min read

New research suggests that India’s COVID-19 death toll during its first and second waves might have been significantly undercounted, with the actual number potentially 12 times higher than the official stats -- over 6 million people..............................................
You are missing the point here. I am all for the strict covid measures.
Current wave is omicorn variant, which is less fatal like cold and flu. Is china hiding something? That is the biggest worry for everyone.
For gods sake, they should not say we have found another virus in Shanghai.

Last edited:
Current wave is omicorn variant, which is less fatal like cold and flu. Is china hiding something? That is the biggest worry for everyone.

China has followed Zero COVID for 2 years. Every time a city has more than a few dozen cases, it goes into lockdown. Shanghai is no different, except for the fact that you're promoting baseless conspiracy theories.

Even if it's a new virus, it can't be anymore harmful than cow urine or Delhi's air.

Remember, the NASDAQ has entered bear-market territory and now all this...:);):whistle::pop:

Taipei, May 3 (CNA) Taiwan saw its single-day COVID-19 case number exceed 20,000 for the first time on Tuesday, reporting 23,139 new cases and five deaths from the disease,

China Covid policy 'affecting 200K US suppliers' - Interos

Omicron Is 40% Deadlier Than Seasonal Flu, Study Finds

I am living in Shanghai and had been jogging daily for the past 30 days of lockdown. Those compounds barricaded are areas with very high number of cases and to prevent spillover and ill discipline citizens from spreading it, they sealed the compounds. Same method was used in some Asian countries. And you wonder why 2 mil Indians died.

Taipei, May 4 (CNA) Taiwan on Wednesday reported 28,487 new COVID-19 cases, a single-day high, and five deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).

Taiwan

Taipei, May 5 (CNA) Taiwan saw its single-day COVID-19 case number surpass 30,000 for the first time on Thursday after reporting 30,106 new cases and five deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).

Shanghai

KxkWcAH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom