What's new

Shanghai tops global school tests, UK 'stagnates'

And btw....selecting Tamil Nadu was a pretty stupid move as education there is all about mugging up and marks than applied logic , Tamil Nadu fairs badly in education compared to other Indian states

I think that Viet Nam had a stellar performace. It is quite astonishing.

It ranks global top 8 in science, well ahead all major Western economies except the Finns!

It outdone Canada, Australia, Austria in Maths!

Statistically speaking Viet Nam's mean Maths score is the same as that of Germany!

I mean WOW!

@kbd-raaf
Read the Analysis below and tell me what you think

Calculating Average Indian IQ from PISA

TN raw math PISA score = 351
TN implied IQ = 100 - 1.5 x 15 = 78

HP raw math score = 338
HP implied IQ = 100 - 1.62 x 15 = 76

Indian Avg IQ based on raw PISA = 77
--
Next step is to remove the bias caused by the PISA sample having 75% bilingual kids

( Tibetan kids facing Hindi PISA exam and Telegu kids facing Tamil PISA exam )

TN mono-lingual = 378
Implied IQ = 500 - 1.22 x 15 = 82

HP mono-lingual = 401
Implied IQ = 500 - 15 = 85
--
Next there is a 40 point difference between scores for 'Village' and scores for 'Large city'
In HP and TN, The village category is over-represented by a factor of 4
Even worse, in HP, City and Large City are entirely removed from the survey sample

So adding an urban correction of 20 ( half the village-large city difference )

TN semi-urbanised mono-lingual = 378 + 20 = 398
Implied IQ = 85

HP semi-urbanised mono-lingual = 401 + 20 = 421
Implied IQ = 100 - 0.79 x 15 = 88

Current Indian IQ = 86
--
Next we look to the future as malnutrition is removed

The only Indian kids who go to govt school is for the mid-day meal,

If they are not starving they go to private school

Private schools score 45 more than govt schools and thats the future as poverty reduces
--
HP - future - semi-urbanised- mono-lingual = 401 + 20 + 45 = 466

Implied IQ = 95

TN - future - semi-urbanised - mono-lingual = 378 + 20 + 45 = 443

Implied IQ = 91

Future Indian IQ = 93

Given the huge bias in sampling towards over-representing the lower end IQ,
by the poverty pimp NGOs, I am certain that none of the CBSE or Cambridge schools
that serve the top 15% are included in the survey

And they have an entirely different IQ profile and cause an IQ bulge at the top end

I proved my point

I have pretty much proven my point in the above post about the sheer selection BIAS is PISA rankings

Rubbish!

See, your calculations, they make sense but in the end they are all still very theoretical.

The Indian schooling system needs to be reformed and it needs to be done 15 years ago. The Chinese have done a good job at this, perhaps a similar model needs to be implemented in India.

See your calculations, they make sense but in the end they are all theoretical.

The Indian schooling system needs to be reformed and it needs to be done 15 years ago.

Not theoretical , PISA themselves have claimed there are irregularities in candidates selection process for PISA from Tamil Nadu and Himachal , yes there is a problem and as the problem lies in what i mentioned in post no. 46 ...but the BIAS is obvious

Not theoretical , PISA themselves have claimed there are irregularities in candidates selection process for PISA from Tamil Nadu and India , yes there is a problem and as the problem lies in what i mentioned in post no. 46 ...but the BIAS is obvious

Is the bias not also prevalent in other countries?

No body gives a $hit about PISSA in India, nor have many heard about it. India has much tougher tests and Indian students have different priorities

Is the bias not also prevalent in other countries?

Other countries isn't my problem , besides as i stated...i study for bank exams in Kerala , these people do Maths well in their own regional languages but flunk badly when it comes to English , the sheer difference is culture,region,language also makes it rather pointless to make an "all india" average

@kbd-raaf
Read the Analysis below and tell me what you think

Calculating Average Indian IQ from PISA

TN raw math PISA score = 351
TN implied IQ = 100 - 1.5 x 15 = 78

HP raw math score = 338
HP implied IQ = 100 - 1.62 x 15 = 76

Indian Avg IQ based on raw PISA = 77
--
Next step is to remove the bias caused by the PISA sample having 75% bilingual kids

( Tibetan kids facing Hindi PISA exam and Telegu kids facing Tamil PISA exam )

TN mono-lingual = 378
Implied IQ = 500 - 1.22 x 15 = 82

HP mono-lingual = 401
Implied IQ = 500 - 15 = 85
--
Next there is a 40 point difference between scores for 'Village' and scores for 'Large city'
In HP and TN, The village category is over-represented by a factor of 4
Even worse, in HP, City and Large City are entirely removed from the survey sample

So adding an urban correction of 20 ( half the village-large city difference )

TN semi-urbanised mono-lingual = 378 + 20 = 398
Implied IQ = 85

HP semi-urbanised mono-lingual = 401 + 20 = 421
Implied IQ = 100 - 0.79 x 15 = 88

Current Indian IQ = 86
--
Next we look to the future as malnutrition is removed

The only Indian kids who go to govt school is for the mid-day meal,

If they are not starving they go to private school

Private schools score 45 more than govt schools and thats the future as poverty reduces
--
HP - future - semi-urbanised- mono-lingual = 401 + 20 + 45 = 466

Implied IQ = 95

TN - future - semi-urbanised - mono-lingual = 378 + 20 + 45 = 443

Implied IQ = 91

Future Indian IQ = 93

Given the huge bias in sampling towards over-representing the lower end IQ,
by the poverty pimp NGOs, I am certain that none of the CBSE or Cambridge schools
that serve the top 15% are included in the survey

And they have an entirely different IQ profile and cause an IQ bulge at the top end

I proved my point

I have pretty much proven my point in the above post about the sheer selection BIAS is PISA rankings

You just waste everyone's time here

Even without the so called biases, how could indian students rank at the bottom of each subject?

How other nations complain like the indians? And they took the tests, did their own post-test analysis
and continue participating in the next test again!

Why cant you indians give your best shot? Why you people brag so much and yet deliver so little most of the time?

No body gives a $hit about PISSA in India, nor have many heard about it. India has much tougher tests and Indian students have different priorities

Alas, this is one of so many above and later posters which is fulfilling the following prophesy precisely!

Waiting for people of the coming super duper power to dismiss PISA as not important. Only silly developed and rich countries take it seriously. :D

Last edited:
FYI people start prepping for the ITT JEE exams from 15 y/o onwards, some even earlier.

People who dare to do the ITT JEE exams are already some of the best in their age group. But that does not reflect all students in that age group. The students who pass the ITT JEE exams would probably end at the top quarter of the PISA test. With 1.2 billion people there are bound to be a certain percentage that who are naturally gifted.

No, PISA is a good thing. Vietnam ranks 17th (in Math), not too bad, direct behind Germany 16th.

But why the city of Shanghai counts as "country"?

For a developing country, Vietnam is doing exceptionally well. Congrats!

Have you see the reaction of the latest PISA result in Germany? We are far from happy and the whole debate has just started.

At least, I'm glad that we have improved a little bit but I, too, am far from content with our education system. We need to be in the top ten!

Thanks. Do you know when?

What's the source btw?

Oh I dont know when buddy!
But here is the home site for the test:
Home - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development

Last time for the result of PISA 2009, one of our fellows has posted the scores of other provinces which contained a comparison with other countries / region. I've lost the track. Let me see if I can find other sources for that in respect of PISA 2009. I'll post it here if I can find it.

You just waste everyone's time here

Even without the so called biases, how could indian students rank at the bottom of each subject?

How other nations complain like the indians? And they took the tests, did their own post-test analysis
and continue participating in the next test again!

Why cant you indians give your best shot? Why you people brag so much and yet deliver so little most of the time?

Alas, this is one of so many above and later posters which is fulfilling the following prophesy precisely!

Do you want me to answer questions which i already have answered in previous posts ? Or is it too difficult for you to put 2 + 2 together :lol: ...

Brag ? ...are we talking about the supa dupa Df-21 or the supa dupa air defense zone :lol: ..its lovely showing the mirror the low IQ chinese

Do you want me to answer questions which i already have answered in previous posts ? Or is it too difficult for you to put 2 + 2 together :lol: ...

Brag ? ...are we talking about the supa dupa Df-21 or the supa dupa air defense zone :lol: ..its lovely showing the mirror the low IQ chinese

Haha numerous objective results have demonstrated which country has a much higher IQ! You are attempting to trap me in!

For DF-21 it is based on arguments of opposing parties on forums
PISA and other tests are for real. You have lost your arguments again! It is a respected test and that is why so many countries are taking that as a barometer seriously and responsibly from which to gauge their policies.

You probably have exhausted you best shots for the 15-year-olds and threw the towels, twice already thus. Then muster all the stupid energies on the blame game!

You're so right. Nobody in India gives a shyt about the Math and science Olympiad too. India has much tougher tests, no wonder India is nowhere to be seen internationally, be it PISA or academic Olympiad.

Haha numerous objective results have demonstrated which country has a much higher IQ! You are attempting to trap me in!

For DF-21 it is based on arguments of opposing parties on forums
PISA and other tests are for real. You have lost your arguments again! It is a respected test and that is why so many countries are taking that as a barometer seriously and responsibly from which to gauge their policies.

You probably have exhausted you best shots for the 15-year-olds and threw the towels, twice already thus. Then muster all the stupid energies on the blame game!

Either prove me wrong in the above analysis or don't speak...you haven't proven anything other than the usual nationalistic banter ...you are seriously Embarrassing yourself with the self praise .. its nothing but willful ignorance :lol:

Back
Top Bottom