What's new

Sharia Law

Hey KEEP Religion out of my Politics would ya!! thank You very much..

These are the very religions who when THEY WERE IN POWER be it Christianity, The Ottomon Empire or any Religion with the state head as a cleric has shown time, time again that They will make an offer to you my friend that YOU as an individual cannot oppose..

I am already sick of people stuffing their religious dogma crap down my throat... I Am glad religion has been suppressed to some extent in 2008 but look at all those societies where the head is still a clergy and you will get your answer..

I don't want a silly answer like 'They Don't follow Shariah or any religous law ACCORDINGLY' .. that's a dead lame excuse.. Sorry if i may sound harsh as its not my intention to disrespect anyone here whether he's religious or not but these are strictly my opinions as i personally don't like religion especially when it comes Governing societies..

The Holy and sacred books of the INTRAWEBZ isn't going to save you buddy.. the Constitution and the proper Legal Justice system will..

If muslim dont follow sharia law Allah will punish them as we have seen how many muslim died in soname of indonasia ,iran ,kashmir ,quetta Pakistan,Turky earth quakes

why not allah punish florida myami cuba russia texas or others who even never beleve in allah

Sharia law is solution of all problems for more than 1 billion muslims.We have seen islamic banks remain safe during present economic crunch,even non muslims are depositing in islamic bank due to better security of money.

If muslim dont follow sharia law Allah will punish them as we have seen how many muslim died in soname of indonasia ,iran ,kashmir ,quetta Pakistan,Turky earth quakes

Why all these earth quakes hapening in muslim countries.

This is completely wrong. It is not the choice or the responsibility of the average muslim to go around implementing Sharia. You're understanding is faulty, and is influenced by revolutionary radicals, who have taken some principles of coumminist revolution and applied them to Islam.

As for earthquakes, floods, natural disasters. These happened in the time of the Prophet too, even in Madina. So they don't necessarily mean anything, as they are only natural occurences goverened by the laws of nature, that God has himself ordained.

What is encumbent upon you as a person, is to implement Sharia on your body, on your house, and to do as much good in the community as you can. The task of implementing the laws are with the rulers and representatives of the people. If they implement laws for the sake of Allah, Allah will reward them. If they don't do so, the matter is still with Allah.

God has informed us that he will not burden a soul more than it can bear. People like us, who are not responsible for anyone else except ourselves and our family, are not going to be asked if the country we lived in had implemented Sharia, or not. God says in the Qur'aan, "kuu anfusakum, wa ahlikum naara".

Last edited:
Sharia law is solution of all problems for more than 1 billion muslims.We have seen islamic banks remain safe during present economic crunch,even non muslims are depositing in islamic bank due to better security of money.

Why all these earth quakes hapening in muslim countries.

Possibly the most retarded post I have yet seen.
Wonder what happened to the Taliban who followed "sharia " law. wonder if it helped them when the yanks dropped a big ole bomb on them?

I love the answer that god only punishes muslims who fail and spares the non muslims from the punishment. That would seem to be a bad deal for Muslims. There must have been a lot of muslims in San Francisco because that place has natural disasters all the time. Same with Cuba and new Orleans And Florida And central America and Japan And China. And the droughts in Africa those too...and where else in the world ah yes the moronic reference to the TSUNAMI which seems to gloss over the fact that a lot of the people who died were in fact not muslim.
Hey Malaria is strong in muslim countries too! Maybe that is a sign from god too!

The question has to be asked as well whether stupidity is a punishment from god too! because it seems some people have been badly punished on this forum!

There I was thinking medieval thinking had finished a few 100 years ago!

DarkStar;221652]This is completely wrong. It is not the choice or the responsibility of the average muslim to go around implementing Sharia. You're understanding is faulty, and is influenced by revolutionary radicals, who have taken some principles of coumminist revolution and applied them to Islam.

You misunderstood my statement .You are right that it is not responsibility of individual but it is responsibility of muslim society try to implement shariah in society and continue their struggle slowly but steadily until complete shariah law implemented in society completed,during this process if any one or group or force try to creat hindrence then Herb or war is the only solution.

As for earthquakes, floods, natural disasters. These happened in the time of the Prophet too, even in Madina. So they don't necessarily mean anything, as they are only natural occurences goverened by the laws of nature, that God has himself ordained.
You totally wrong here ,natural disaster can not happened in that area where prophet residing.
Natural diaster always happened to previous nation due to their evil deeds .Read history of AAD ,SAMUD etc.When any nation dont follow the teaching of Prophet. Allah always punish them and creat example for other nations to learn lesson

What is encumbent upon you as a person, is to implement Sharia on your body, on your house, and to do as much good in the community as you can. The task of implementing the laws are with the rulers and representatives of the people. If they implement laws for the sake of Allah, Allah will reward them. If they don't do so, the matter is still with Allah.

It is responsibility of majority of people to continue Amar bil marouf Nahi munkir ,it is not responsibility of ruler to implement law by force.Islam can not be implemented by force.Majority of people practice islam and create a conducive environment for implementation of shariah.

God has informed us that he will not burden a soul more than it can bear. People like us, who are not responsible for anyone else except ourselves and our family, are not going to be asked if the country we lived in had implemented Sharia, or not. God says in the Qur'aan, "kuu anfusakum, wa ahlikum naara".
True, If you are living in country where majority is non muslim then you should continue your struggle to practice islam indidually and wait for time when muslim get majority then it is must to establish khalafat and shaura and implementation of shariah will be required.

My friend,

I think for progressive muslim society sharia law is must ,otherwise they cant get socic-economic benefits and peace.

thanks

You've gotta be kidding me. Shariah law might have been good in the middle ages, due to the little sense of nationalism that was present back then, but now? It would be absurd. It is outdated, misused, and downright idiotic. I for one am STRONGLY against shariah law. Look at the Taliban. They enforced shariah law in afghanistan. Look how that turned out.:disagree:

You totally wrong here ,natural disaster can not happened in that area where prophet residing.
Natural diaster always happened to previous nation due to their evil deeds .Read history of AAD ,SAMUD etc.When any nation dont follow the teaching of Prophet. Allah always punish them and creat example for other nations to learn lesson

what about natural disasters today then ?

You've gotta be kidding me. Shariah law might have been good in the middle ages, due to the little sense of nationalism that was present back then, but now? It would be absurd. It is outdated, misused, and downright idiotic. I for one am STRONGLY against shariah law. Look at the Taliban. They enforced shariah law in afghanistan. Look how that turned out.:disagree:

Talaban done lot of mistakes by keep on fighting with northern alliance and did not developed their nation on modren and scientific ground.

You will see they will again emerge as great nation but they need to learn leson from their mistakes.

Islam is perfect religion dont have any flaw in it ,but there is chance that we dont implement it properly then we should not blame islam and shariah law.

what about natural disasters today then ?

Try to understand my point ,Allah has completed his religion islam now its benefits and punishment only for believers not for non believers.

Yes Allah will help muslim but if they comply with laws of islam against non believers .

You have seen Afghan Talaban are fighting from last seven years without modren arm but ISAF forces now reached to conclusion that war can not be won and also see how Allah is distroying their financial system ,which is very close to complete distruction.

If I may be allowed to put my 2 Paisas worth i n this debate, I have the following to say:
Islam unlike other religions is a complete way of life. This means that it covers all aspects of your existance from the day you are born till your death. Once you Say the Kalima, it is now your duty to conform your life in accordance with the principles of Islam. The IMPORTANT WORD is RESPONSBILITY. On the day of judgement you will be questioned about how you lived your life, both as an individual but also as a member of the community.
If you make your beginning from here, the first logical step is your own conformance to the basic principles of your religion. By that I mean, firstly be a good and upright citizen, who follows the laws of the land ,and is courteous. Next establish prayers regularly, read and understand the Quran(BASIC DEFECT WITH ALL MUSLIMS INCLUDING MYSELF),and establish other forms of prayers. We must all remember that the Prophet(PBUH) was the most upright and honest citizen of the society, even before he declared his prophethood. People believed him because of his standing in the society.
As to establishing Sharia in Pakistan, the answer is simple. It is our responsibility as Muslims to live our lives in accordance with the framework set up by Islam. The problem has arisen when mere rules are set up in a corrupt society, where people have not been trained and have not understood Islam. The end result is the folly of Zia, and the stupidity of the Saudi system. If you look at the Taliban, do you not see the basic lack of education an the depth of vision, and when such people are given positions of responsibilities, they make stupid decisions, like not allowing women to go to colloeges, or to drive.
So where do we stand in this debate? The answer is if we started educating ourselves in the Quran and then Sunnah, our personal reform would start,then it will become our responsibility to propogate what we have learnt on to others, thereby eventually setting up the system that will establish Sharia. But without proper education, we will keep getting lost like we presently are.
Someone has attributed natural disasters as a divine punishment. I dont profess to know how Allah works, so I would not go and venture there. But if anyone thinks that just sayinbg you are a muslim will automatically guarantee you ALLAH's protection, then you are wrong. LOok at the life of the prophet(PBUH) and see how many hardship he and his Sahaba(RA) endured before getting their just rewards, you will get your answers. I cant remember where but it says in the QUran, that Allah will test your resolve before he will become your friend. I laos read a very eye opening ayat in the quran. It says do not be impressed by the power(armamanets) that your enemy carries, for they are merely shows of power, and if tyour resolve is there, they will be defeated in front of Allah,s forces.(Loose translation___May Allah forgive any errors that I may have committed)
I am not a Mullah and I dont have too much knowledge of the deen, but I try to improve my own sel . If we all tried that we would have a nucleus from which good will come.
WaSlam
Araz

Jazakallah Araz,

You have summerized very well,

Islam is perfect ,complete religion ,and its laws (shariah law) are for our protection and welfare,for example zakat , it is for well fare of whole islamic society and for help of needy persons.

In europe,america 35% deducted from monthly income forcefully, but in islam only 2.5% deducted from income per year basis,natuarlly people prefer islam .

but if muslims dont pay zakat then Allah give punishment in form of natural diaster droughts ,earth quakes etc,

Simmilarly music,adultary,intrest money,taxes, type of social evils prevailing in muslim society and they dont try to eliminate these evils from society then Allah definately punish muslim society.

Last edited:

You're very harsh against the Shariah, yet ur nick is ali rules all 123. I'm assuming you mean haz. Ali bin Abi Talib.

1300 years after his death, you still claim that he rules all? All what? All the world, all 123? Does that mean the first three Caliphs?

Shariah, which is based upon quran and sunnah is outdated and idiotic, but your notion of Ali ruling everything is downright modern, scientific, eh?

My friend,

Islam is very easy for those who want to follow it and very difficult for those who dont want to follow.Choice is yours.

I think for progressive muslim society sharia law is must ,otherwise they cant get socic-economic benefits and peace.

Unfortunately ,majority of muslims living even in muslim coutries are not aware of islamic law and its benefits.

Western media is propogating very bad pictue of islam ,which should be tackled in correct way.

thanks

usa has violence problems but we are at least self-conscious of it because domestic violence that is reported to the authorities is documented and reported in an orderly way. after all, who wants to live by a rapist? convicted rapists, child molestors are classified as sex offenders, and as a condition of their release from prison (a typical sentence for rape is 10 years) is that they report their new permanent residence to the municipal authorities in order that they can call a town hall meeting or otherwise alert nearby residents of his presence. obviously in some circumstances the woman or child will not or cannot report the abuse, but if the police get involved then there will be no secrecy. even if a senator or PRESIDENT does something criminal and is found out the media will be hungry and free to expose them.

Blocking of YouTube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the choice instead seems to be between sharia censorship, which subordinates the truth out of some insecurity or pride, and liberal western expression, which respects the viewer to determine on his own the credibility of competing media outlets, scrutinize articles and cross reference their sources, and reason the facts according to his own faculties without the state or some conspiratorial mullah doing it for him.

the choice instead seems to be between sharia censorship, which subordinates the truth out of some insecurity or pride, and liberal western expression, which respects the viewer to determine on his own the credibility of competing media outlets, scrutinize articles and cross reference their sources, and reason the facts according to his own faculties without the state or some conspiratorial mullah doing it for him.

The last time I was in the USA, and watching the Noos, reading the noospaper, I saw no evidence of liberal western expression. All I saw was right wing rants on tv and radio, and the papers were almost always local, concentrating on regional news, not even US news.

The few sad souls that do read the herald tribune, are they the ones who are scrutinising these articles?

You talk about censorship, but there is more self censorship in the states than there is official censorship in some Islamic countries.

As for the Shariah, it endorses free speech, with certain limitations. Just as there are limitations to free speech in the west (although few admit it).

Many countries of europe prosecute one for saying they deny the holocaust happened, or that 4-6 million jews were killed during the Third Reich.

Laws against slander exist in every western country, and people are prosecuted for spreading slander. Thats what all those expensive libel trials are all about, when people take media organisations to court.

The same way, there are certain things which the Shariah doesn't allow. Promotion of nudity, promiscuous behaviour, slander and abuse are not allowed under Islamic laws. Such censorship is valid, and must be welcomed.

But censoring views, wether political and social, does not come under the realms of sharia enforcement, and those people that claim so are misguided.

Sharia is not taliban style govt, in fact such a govt is anathema to Shariah.

Back
Top Bottom