What's new

Shawarma and Lebenase food

I have heard wonders about that Hyderabadian (Hyderabadi?) biryani.:D

Anyway I do not hope that you want to emulate your avatar!:lol:

yes. . . we have some of the finest Biryani makers . . . During Ramadan ( we call it ramzan), some of these restaurants get orders directly from UAE and KSA.

for Biryani and Haleem :agree:

I think the first Muslim community in the UK was from subcontinent..... not sure though.

Actually I am not that big a fan of Couscous but when it is made in the right way, Tunisian is the best version, it is good.:)

@Jaanbaz

Can't you make some Yemeni to join this forum? I hear that there is a sizable Yemeni community in the UK and that they were the first Muslim community in the UK. Can't be true can it?

I think the first Muslim community in the UK was from subcontinent..... not sure though.

I just googled them. Only about 70.000-80.000. Nothing compared to the Pakistani and Indian community in the UK.

Yemenis in the United Kingdom include citizens and non-citizen immigrants in the United Kingdom of Yemeni ancestry, as well as their descendants. Yemenis have been present in the UK since the 1860s, and are probably the longest-established Muslim group in the country, although currently much smaller than some other British Muslim groups.[1]

Yemenis in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Us Turks should know (probably with some help from Mongolians), we invented the damn thing...

In Turkish 'Doner' literally means 'Turning or Rotating', Iskender Bey from Bursa invented it.. He was the first chef to lift meat from a horizontal position on the grill to a vertical one, hence 'Doner', turning... Best ones are done over charcoal, and the best quality one are made from pieces of steak, not minced meat...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/İskender_kebap

I have eaten Haleem all around the world...... however, NO ONE makes it like my mom...... and now wifey, whom mom taught....... imagine a blonde Croat cooking Haleem....... :rofl:

yes. . . we have some of the finest Biryani makers . . . During Ramadan ( we call it ramzan), some of these restaurants get orders directly from UAE and KSA.

for Biryani and Haleem :agree:

Yemeni community was probably the oldest i think. They settled in and around Ports like Liverpool. The early Muslim community was mostly Bengali Muslims employed as sailors and cooks for rich British Lords.

Hyerdabadi Biryani is one of the best in the world....... I would travel there just to eat that........ :D

You know, I travel most of the times, just because of food! I visit Kenya, just because of one restaurant, no other reason whatsoever!!!!! I go there stay for two weeks, and everyday eat from there!!! :P

I have heard wonders about that Hyderabadian (Hyderabadi?) biryani.:D

Anyway I do not hope that you want to emulate your avatar!:lol:

Actually I am not that big a fan of Couscous but when it is made in the right way, Tunisian is the best version, it is good.:)

@Jaanbaz

Can't you make a Yemeni to join this forum? I hear that there is a sizable Yemeni community in the UK and that they were the first Muslim community in the UK. Can't be true can it?

Yemenis have been in UK for a long time, but i have heard Bengalis were the first Muslims here, its hard to say though. Liverpool was their first home. You can come to England and hunt for Yemenis.:lol:

I have eaten Haleem all around the world...... however, NO ONE makes it like my mom...... and now wifey, whom mom taught....... imagine a blonde Croat cooking Haleem....... :rofl:

it takes around 5-6 hours . . .u shouldn't ask bhabhi ji to put so much of effort. . . :astagh:

Hyerdabadi Biryani is one of the best in the world....... I would travel there just to eat that........ :D

You know, I travel most of the times, just because of food! I visit Kenya, just because of one restaurant, no other reason whatsoever!!!!! I go there stay for two weeks, and everyday eat from there!!! :P

:lol:

That's amazing. Wish I had the time to travel across the world. Lived on 3 continents already but I simply love to travel.

@Jaanbaz

Yeah, the Yemeni community in the UK is probably the oldest established/settled UK Muslim community.

But surprisingly there are not many British Arabs. About 250.000. I mean in France you have 3-4 million alone. And overall in Europe about 10 million or so. Still nothing compared to the 30-40 million Arabs in Latin America.

British Arabs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom