What's new

Shinzo Abe re-elected as Japan's prime minister

Experienced defense hand Nakatani joins Cabinet
Kyodo
  • Dec 24, 2014
Gen Nakatani, picked Wednesday as defense minister, is a former Self-Defense Forces officer well-versed in defense and security policy, and an advocate of expanding the range of roles Japan can play in security overseas.

He was an instructor for an elite ranger unit before leaving the Ground Self-Defense Force in 1984.

In 2001, Nakatani became the first former SDF officer to serve as director general of the Defense Agency, the predecessor of the Defense Ministry, under Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi. He oversaw emergency legislation governing Japan’s response in the event of a military attack.

Known as a defense lobbyist in the Liberal Democratic Party, the 57-year-old Nakatani played a central role in talks between the ruling parties as the administration sought support for its plan to reinterpret the Constitution.

Nakatani entered politics when he was elected to the Lower House in 1990, after serving as a secretary for three Diet members, including former Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa.

Miyazawa was finance minister when Nakatani served as a secretary.

n-cabinet-2-b-20141225-870x629.jpg

Last edited:
Japan is fast becoming irrelevant in the world. It's economy is in full blown crisis with the currency collapsing and economy dying. Heck even its major brands are struggling as rivals from China and others put them out of business.

Mr Abe not good at economy, future Japan government will meet bigger economy problem.
2015 国の予算最大に 97兆~98兆円

Japan 2014 annual budget: :coffee:
2014 Japan government income: 43.0% government bond
2014 Japan government expenditure: 24.3% repay debt
203753ba3fk6bb8bnh90fa.jpg

204522p0m7ssm8q68co88r.jpg

Mr Abe owe many Money for Japan government.
bankrupt.jpg

2014.12 Abe's Japan is the N.o1 debt government, bigger than U.S.
2014年度予算案・公的債務残高のGDP比率(2013年12月)
111.jpg

The longer Mr Abe as Japan P.M, the more Japan government owe debts.
2014年度予算案・国債残高と利払い費(2013年12月)
2222.jpg

Last edited:
Im sorry, u don't like the truth from Japanese news but Mr Abe & his economic policy will affect many normal Japanese family in future:
  1. Increase consumption tax
  2. Issue more government bonds
American do not care about the well being of their allies. Basically, most of US allies suffer at the expense of US own growth this year.

Before you jump, dear cheer leaders, take a look at that country's financial outlook. You don't have to be an economist (or Abenomist ;)). Just get this: for every 958 yen spent, 232 yen has to be used on paying their debt, that's 24.2%.

It's easy to talk and fantasize, but reality hurts. Carry on:coffee:

Last edited:
Japan lost round one when they lost control of Diaoyu Islands. Are they ready for round two?

It's amazing that Japanese citizens are perfect citizens.
When I study economics, I learn that the economic policy would be fully utilized if the citizens know well about it.

And Japanese people know well about that.
They would not avoid paying tax, if they know that's good for the economy.

They voted Abe

For years the prices have not risen in japanese economy. Abe is trying to give it a fillip by trashing the currency. The chances of economy being manipulated based on such a colloquial view focussed on one parameter is something I don't agree with and eager to learn how it pans out for them.

It's amazing that Japanese citizens are perfect citizens.
When I study economics, I learn that the economic policy would be fully utilized if the citizens know well about it.

And Japanese people know well about that.
They would not avoid paying tax, if they know that's good for the economy.

They voted Abe

With the lowest voters turnout since WW2... That should tell you about Abe & Japanese apathy towards politics in general.

Back
Top Bottom