What's new

Shireen Mazari Exclusive Talk on CNN with Christiane Amanpour

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

She will be defense minister ?? Heard it from few sources..

• Mazari studied at the London School of Economics and later received her PhD from Columbia University in political science. Mazari joined Quaid-e-Azam University as an associate professor and went on to head the university's strategic studies department. In 2002, Mazari became the head of the government-funded Institute of Strategic Studies and remained until she was sacked in 2008. In 2009, Mazari became the editor of The Nation.

Mazari joined the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf in 2008 and was elected to the National Assembly in 2013 from Punjab.

Very articulate. Good points. Firm but engaging. Good asset with #TeamKhan.

#TeamKhan could do with this guy's weight'. Abdullah Hussein Haroon. what a character. Fat, but full of it. This guy should be Pakistan Media manager and unleashed in western capitals to take on all the negative reports in western media. What a cracker this guy is!

Very articulate. Good points. Firm but engaging. Good asset with #TeamKhan.
Ill-educated and ill-mannered Nooni-toons khota-khors have been abusive

#TeamKhan could do with this guy's weight'. Abdullah Hussein Haroon. what a character. Fat, but full of it. This guy should be Pakistan Media manager and unleashed in western capitals to take on all the negative reports in western media. What a cracker this guy is!
I am not so sure after his stint as the caretaker foreign minister. He is no where to be found... He should have given a shut up call to Indian and western media for creating such paranoia about Pak army in elections...He just kept lulled in midst all this hullabaloo .

Furthermore, his shameless brother - Hameed Haroon's baseless and gutless accusations against the state of Pakistan of oppressing the journalism and army's involvement in elections was rightly exposed by Stephen Sackur..

It is a time for change and to send these old timers to retirement. We need new people.

Shireen Mizari has ability to deliver the stern and stark response, but she is not somebody who wins the heart on the other side. Diplomacy is less about saying what you want, and more about being able to earn a credit in the head and hearts of listeners. Its the art of creating an empathy for youself in other's hearts. In military, strategy to win is to attack heads and bodies, but in diplomacy, you win by pulling heads and hearts towards you. Its the reverse of force and power.

I find Asad Umhar has quality to win you over. He not only makes his point, but also makes you accept and believe what he believes. We need somebody like him as our Foreign Minister, who will win us friends from all sides and Shireen cannot do that. She can be an excellent spokes person representing the state, but she is not a friend maker in herself.

Furthermore, his shameless brother - Hameed Haroon's baseless and gutless accusations against the state of Pakistan of oppressing the journalism and army's involvement in elections was rightly exposed by Stephen Sackur..
Did not know this. Thanks.

Shireen Mizari has ability to deliver the stern and stark response, but she is not somebody who wins the heart on the other side. Diplomacy is less about saying you want, and more about being able to earn a credit in the head and hearts of listeners. Its the art of creating an empathy for youself in other's hearts. In military, strategy to win is to attack heads and bodies, but in diplomacy, you win by pulling heads and hearts towards you. Its the reverse of force and power.

I find Asad Umhar has quality to win you over. He not only makes his point, but also makes you accept and believe what he believes. We need somebody like him as our Foreign Minister, who will win us friends from all sides and Shireen cannot do that. She can be an excellent spokes person representing the state, but not a friend maker in herself.
Great post. I was of thinking of SM as defence minister? Not foreign minister. Maybe Shah Mehmood Qureshi? If Khwaja Asif was not tainted by being in PML I would have him as FM. His performance under intense American pressure in Washington was exceptional. I am firm believer that in the greater cause of Pakistan talent should be scouted from everywhere.

Ps. Asad Umar with his background in corporate management is best suited as finance minister.

Shireen Mizari has ability to deliver the stern and stark response, but she is not somebody who wins the heart on the other side. Diplomacy is less about saying what you want, and more about being able to earn a credit in the head and hearts of listeners. Its the art of creating an empathy for youself in other's hearts. In military, strategy to win is to attack heads and bodies, but in diplomacy, you win by pulling heads and hearts towards you. Its the reverse of force and power.

I find Asad Umhar has quality to win you over. He not only makes his point, but also makes you accept and believe what he believes. We need somebody like him as our Foreign Minister, who will win us friends from all sides and Shireen cannot do that. She can be an excellent spokes person representing the state, but she is not a friend maker in herself.
She will perhaps be a defence minister, not a foreign minister but even as FM, she will deliver some nice punches to the enemy..India. The world is moving towards hard talkers... Trump, Modi, Erdogan...so she will be a right fit.

Last edited:
Great post. I was of thinking of SM as defence minister? Not foreign minister. Maybe Shah Mehmood Qureshi?
SMQ is really an experienced and refined statesman. I'm not very keen about his politics at constituency level but as FM he was doing great.
Khwaja Asif was not tainted by being in PML I would have him as FM. His performance under intense American pressure in Washington was exceptional.
Either you are being sarcastic here, or under heavy influence.. I would say stay away from metal objects for your own safety..

Back
Top Bottom