What's new

Shocking Photos of Cramped Hong Kong Apartments

Well, i see where you come from, but you only see the problem in Mainland China Prospective.

Sorry for replying late...but to a certain extent I can agree with your assumption, that my belief is centered on the prospective of Mainland China. However I have a number of friends who also come from Hong Kong and they have a prejudiced mentality against there neighbors across the border. Although I can understand there frustration because they want to maintain the Cantonese language and the culture which has developed from the last century.

I come from a time when Hong Kong is still under Britain Rules and when i saw the change over, stayed for some time and decided i have enough and left Hong Kong.

Can you please explain further in why you left Hong Kong, because it still is a magnificent city and has a lot to offer.

The problem of mainlander stem from the inactive government of Hong Kong and they have to do whatever CPC said, to the extend Hong Kong government is only a "Yes Man" to Chinese Politburo and have no authority whatever over their own land. Which is what they suppose to do whe nthey returned to China

Still the Hong Kong government should provide provisions for these poor proletarians because they are still human beings. I remember two years ago that the Hong Kong government gave free money to some of its residence, which was useless because it should have been reallocated to these poor people. However I do understand that the CCP calls all the major shots. But then again its the fault of the top elite and Mafia who have decided to work in collaboration with the CCP.

And the gap is not because of the West Brainwashed the hong Kong people as some suggested. It stem from a more distant issue where people in Hong Kong is getting used to a certain lifestyle and with the Chinese influx, people cannot do much about it and since they cannot blame the Chinese Government, they can only recented the Mainlander coming to HK for whatever reason.

What is the difference you are all still Han Chinese, that alone should harmonize your relationship. Do Mainlanders come from Mars that they can't assimilate into Kong Kong society, I mean Shanghai and Hong Kong are pretty much the same thing. True they can't blame the government but vent there frustration on the Mainlanders. To some extent I can understand why such a phenomena exists because some of the behavior of Mainlanders who are specifically rich has been atrocious, but it does not represent China itself.

Take for an example. I can speak Perfect Cantonese and English. If i walk on the street and speak only Chinese to other HKer. I will not get discriminated. However, if i walk down the street and speak only English, there would only be a few people who are willing to talk to me.

The same situation repeat if i walk down the street speak only Cantonese and speak only Mandarin.

I guess this is a good analogy, and would be seen in other societies. Have to say though the Cantonese language sounds good and fun compare to Mandarin. Maybe HK people are scared that Cantonese would vanish because its happening in Guangdong as government documents are signed in Mandarin.

@Green Bullet
Cantonese is not a kind of language,it is only a dialect of Chinese,so we cannot say a document signed in Mandarin or Cantonese or other dialects.the difference is we use simplified Chinese characters while in Hongkong and Taiwan use traditional Chinese,most people have no problem reading both the two .BTW,Cantonese Speakers are ten times of that in Hongkong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really so how about Makati City, Pasay Taguig cities all located in manila and they are still being develop your just a false falger with the solo propose of bad mouthing my country have not even contribute a logical contribution to anything just racist slur and bad mounting. So please go to the Philippines and see for yourself.

Already have. Not a pleasant place when you are in Manila. Ilocos and Boracay does have nice beaches though.
But anyway, these cities are not even global cities like Hong Kong.

Sorry for replying late...but to a certain extent I can agree with your assumption, that my belief is centered on the prospective of Mainland China. However I have a number of friends who also come from Hong Kong and they have a prejudiced mentality against there neighbors across the border. Although I can understand there frustration because they want to maintain the Cantonese language and the culture which has developed from the last century.

Can you please explain further in why you left Hong Kong, because it still is a magnificent city and has a lot to offer.

Still the Hong Kong government should provide provisions for these poor proletarians because they are still human beings. I remember two years ago that the Hong Kong government gave free money to some of its residence, which was useless because it should have been reallocated to these poor people. However I do understand that the CCP calls all the major shots. But then again its the fault of the top elite and Mafia who have decided to work in collaboration with the CCP.

What is the difference you are all still Han Chinese, that alone should harmonize your relationship. Do Mainlanders come from Mars that they can't assimilate into Kong Kong society, I mean Shanghai and Hong Kong are pretty much the same thing. True they can't blame the government but vent there frustration on the Mainlanders. To some extent I can understand why such a phenomena exists because some of the behavior of Mainlanders who are specifically rich has been atrocious, but it does not represent China itself.

I guess this is a good analogy, and would be seen in other societies. Have to say though the Cantonese language sounds good and fun compare to Mandarin. Maybe HK people are scared that Cantonese would vanish because its happening in Guangdong as government documents are signed in Mandarin.
They fear? Well I believe they fear nothing or else why the majority of them dare to demand to be independence. Cantonese is bound to be crush in Guangdong, Language of a modern nation must be united, the HK resident can have the Cantonese Speaking right as long as they want until PLA step in and crush their independence movement.

Already have. Not a pleasant place when you are in Manila. Ilocos and Boracay does have nice beaches though.
But anyway, these cities are not even global cities like Hong Kong.

Am not for manila i live down south some place a false flager like you never heard of do you know were Imus is if you not familiar that's bad for you and Metro Manila is a big place its not over populated if your taking about slums its the old part of manila as in manila am talking about metro manila so there is a difference.

Going back the people HK needs a bigger living space for its population getting more land from the mainland is far more better than reclaiming land and they should get rid of the old British border line its both china why need a border?

[They fear? Well I believe they fear nothing or else why the majority of them dare to demand to be independence. Cantonese is bound to be crush in Guangdong, Language of a modern nation must be united, the HK resident can have the Cantonese Speaking right as long as they want until PLA step in and crush their independence movement. /QUOTE]

I agree a nation should be united under the banner of one language, because it makes integration much more easier. However does this not effect there local masses, after all local culture is essentially being wiped off. This is not my view, but some of my Hong Kong friends who have such opinions. Many Hong Kong people think that if Mainland China formally control Hong Kong, then they will bring in there old archiac practices and tarnish the life style of Hong Kong. Personally when I went to China, I thought the people were modern but kept there old traditional culture which is always good to see. Plus they were soo friendly, partly because I was Pakistani.

Mainland Chinese is the westernized communist, while HK is the modern Confucians.

I suggest mass migration to Canada since they have so much space over there.

My friend moved his family to Canada and lived in a large mansion, yet he stayed back in Hong Kong because of the high salary he is getting. Despite the limited living land areas and extreme high housing costs, people still prefer Hong Kong for the income opportunity and life style there.

I used to stayed in a 3 room apartment at TST East, rental was more than HK$30,000 a month ! (more than US$4,000).

Population control is purely a political issue.

I came from before the Internet, that would be 'pre-historic' to you. :lol: I once read that the world's entire population can be fitted inside the Grand Canyon (US) and each person would have a 3x3x3 meters cube for living space. Now see if you can figure out why population control is purely political in scope.

Yeah, assuming the modern industrial and agricultural production, plus other supporting infrastructure of a modern society can also be fit into there. While we are at it, let's fit the fuel, air, water and all the other resources required to support human population in there as well. Population control is very real issue.

Back
Top Bottom