What's new

Should China allow these "Tibetan exiles" to be back to Tibet?

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

After many years of waiting, I recently finally got the permit to travel to my hometown Lhasa. I was very joyous to be able to meet my family and friends after such a long time. I just wanted to share some moments of my trip since it's hard to express my feelings in words alone.

I bet they have conflicted feelings. They look happy to be back and probably happy to see the modernization and people living well. At the same time, Tibet is being sinicized.

Of course!

Even Republic of China is accepting all descendent of the citizen from the ex-territory of Republic of China.

It's the right enjoyed by all overseas Chinese (not just Han Chinese, but included Outer Mongolians, Exiled Tibetans, Arunachal Pradesh people, Western Kyrgyzstan people, etc).

That what makes Chinese is different from Japanese.

I bet they have conflicted feelings. They look happy to be back and probably happy to see the modernization and people living well. At the same time, Tibet is being sinicized.

And he, himself is being Westernized.

But that is so-called globalization and modernization, something that can't be avoided.

Of course!

Even Republic of China is accepting all descendent of the citizen from the ex-territory of Republic of China.

It's the right enjoyed by all overseas Chinese (not just Han Chinese, but included Outer Mongolians, Exiled Tibetans, Arunachal Pradesh people, Western Kyrgyzstan people, etc).

That what makes Chinese is different from Japanese.

And he, himself is being Westernized.

But that is so-called globalization and modernization, something that can't be avoided.
Tibetan culture has more to fear from Westernization.

Yes, these Tibetan exiles should be allowed to return. Self realization is best propaganda.

I can not find any positive factor in traditional Tibetan culture. It is full of superstition, ignorance and cruelty. It should be forgotten

Most "Tibetan exiles" were used to be Tibet higher class aristocrats, serf owners, they fled to India with the Dalai Lama, PRC made them lose all their social and economical privileges in old Tibet, they really hate PRC.

Is China asking for trouble to let those in India back ?

If it would not cause problem in Tibet, I do not see why not?

Seeing the Truth by your own eye shall set you free.

It shouldn't.

We all know that these people are the descendants of fugitive slave owners, while those Tibetans who support us are the descendants of serfs. In the minds of Tibetans in Tibet, the legitimacy of our rule comes from the fact that we have transformed them from slaves to citizens, and that we have cracked down on the slave owners who exploited them.

We must continue to improve the living conditions and economic standards of Tibetans in Tibet and make life hell for these fugitives. Let the Tibetans in Tibet gain a sense of superiority, not let these fugitives return and be pardoned.

That is the right thing to do.

As for those Western media's attacking remarks, there is no need for us to care. We can even use those Western media who like to talk nonsense to make Tibetans in Tibet feel that the West wants to help the descendants of these slave owners to return to Tibet and continue to rule them.

What is your take on accepting Tibetan exiled in India? Longer you take to decide, it will be difficult for next generation to move back. Many have not taken Indian citizenship in the hope of going back to their home land. It has been 7 decades and you guys have forsaken your people.

What is your take on accepting Tibetan exiled in India? Longer you take to decide, it will be difficult for next generation to move back. Many have not taken Indian citizenship in the hope of going back to their home land. It has been 7 decades and you guys have forsaken your people.
Haven't you got the memo? The new "suppressed people" are the Uyghurs now. The Tibetans are no more. They can come back to China, or stay in India drink "free" cow urine. Not a sh!t is given by anyone anymore:azn:

I don't mind if they wish to become ordinary citizens of Xizang rather than useless monks who chant prayers day and night.

once Dalai is dead they become worthless for the west and India

They fled to India by themselves, no one have forsaken them.

I don't mind if they wish to become ordinary citizens of Xizang rather than useless monks who chant prayers day and night.

once Dalai is dead they become worthless for the west and India
Everything is not about money and development. It is the quality of life. Bhutan is probably a good example.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom