What's new

Should Mercy Killing be Allowed??

simply NO...We all have got a single life to live'so,live every moment until your natural death,neither court nor god give permission for killing yourself.

Its not so easy my friend. In many many cases the term "live" is in itself really being stretched to its purely biological limits. There is also something called living with dignity to be considered. To live without pain.

simply NO...We all have got a single life to live'so,live every moment until your natural death,neither court nor god give permission for killing yourself.

You are saying this coz you can walk run hear speak see imagine person without all this just on the bed from many years

Well if a person can speak and his whole body is paralised what do you think he can ask for it
How can i say?
If at all I would be in this situation and my mind working fine , it would be very hard for me to ask for mercy killing.
But it differ for person to person and circumstances they are in.

Its not so easy my friend. In many many cases the term "live" is in itself really being stretched to its purely biological limits. There is also something called living with dignity to be considered. To live without pain.

sir,but we can't live without pain,in this world every person has their own suffering's,and the will of living conques all.

sir,but we can't live without pain,in this world every person has their own suffering's,and the will of living conques all.
mercy killing is only for those whose will for living dies.
A healthy person can overcome the pain he counters but what about who cant even move an inch?

Believe me my friend, there is a very real limit to a human being's will to live. There is episodic pain, no matter how severe, and then there is intractable constant opioid-resistant pain. There is only so much a human can take at times, especially when there is no end in sight. And then there are those who can feel no pain. Nor anything else. Yet their heart continues to pump blood so many times a minute. And their diaphragm contracts involuntarily to pull the next breath of air in. It is not an easy issue brother. Many of us may have seen it in our own homes. It is really something that tests the limits of human faith and will and endurance and pain and compassion. And yet it is something that can be misused. And then there is religion and the issue of man against his Creator.

very tricky subject.. lot of grey areas. India is not mature enough to handle this at this moment of time. had this been allowed by the court, people would have started taking advantage of the law by finding enough loopholes. Maybe a complete overview of the situation by medical community & legal fraternity would help in deciding the future course on this subject!!

very tricky subject.. lot of grey areas. India is not mature enough to handle this at this moment of time. had this been allowed by the court, people would have started taking advantage of the law by finding enough loopholes. Maybe a complete overview of the situation by medical community & legal fraternity would help in deciding the future course on this subject!!

I agree. But that is only a small part of it. It is a burning social issue. It needs intense discourse. Not just on the technical aspects of legalese and medicine, but on social aspects, religious aspects, ethical issues involved, theology, and a whole lot of other less accepted "alternative" inputs of faith healers, past-life regressionists, hypnotherapists, as well as those who are directly involved - the patients. Without a complete buy-in, this will go the way of our Dowry law and MTP act.

Believe me my friend, there is a very real limit to a human being's will to live. There is episodic pain, no matter how severe, and then there is intractable constant opioid-resistant pain. There is only so much a human can take at times, especially when there is no end in sight. And then there are those who can feel no pain. Nor anything else. Yet their heart continues to pump blood so many times a minute. And their diaphragm contracts involuntarily to pull the next breath of air in. It is not an easy issue brother. Many of us may have seen it in our own homes. It is really something that tests the limits of human faith and will and endurance and pain and compassion. And yet it is something that can be misused. And then there is religion and the issue of man against his Creator.

Are you a doctor?:what:

The reason it is called "mercy killing" is because the patient does not posses the means to kill him/herself, and it needs other human intervention. Which is why it is so different in treatment to suicide per se.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom