What's new

Should Pakistan Reverse Engineer Some of it's Older Fighter Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Topic: "Should Pakistan Reverse Engineer Some of it's Older Fighter Jets?"

No, Why do you want to re-learn Newton 3 laws again?? They are obsolete fighters, Why crawl when you can fly???

"Should Pakistan Reverse Engineer Some of it's new Fighter Jets?"

Yes, very much. As Pakistan already making JF17 at Kamara, they take the ownership and own the design. They procure engine directly from Russia and eliminate any middleman. They Buy some J10Bs and do the same. Or they buy the assembly line of F16 (USA can sell the assembly line)

J10B is good plane, If Pakistan can reverse engineer it, They can make and sell it.

Well i don't really find a reason why shouldn't we reserve engineer these old junkies........ :lol:

I guess its not a bad idea to research about these ageing aircrafts - We are still far behind in aviation industry and its not a good idea to rely upon China only to first Research and develop for us and then share limited amount of transfer of technology so that we can absorb and re-produce.

I guess its not a bad idea we can allocate some money to research/study these french aircrafts espacially their engines. If somehow we can learn something useful from these old french aircrafts that would be very much beneficial to us. Remember French too evolved their technology after making this final piece of aircraft couple of decades ago. So why can't we follow the same line to make something better? I guess it would be easy for us to absorb transfer of technlogy from the chinese or other foreign countries if we ever planned to allocate a small budget in the R&D sector. Its like learn 25% from the french engines, take 50% from the chinese and reproduce a better engine to fullfil your demand by researching on the remaining 25%. I know it takes time but why not we reverse engineer these aircrafts espacially those parts where our technology is closer to Nill - remember SOMETHING is always better than NOTHING

My opinion only
Rather than studying efforts on obsolete designs and technology, work harder on understanding the newer and latest designs that you are producing/operating. Its just like you putting more efforts on 6th grade curriculum when you're already doing masters..

No, Why do you want to re-learn Newton 3 laws again?? They are obsolete fighters, Why crawl when you can fly???

Yes, very much. As Pakistan already making JF17 at Kamara, they take the ownership and own the design. They procure engine directly from Russia and eliminate any middleman. They Buy some J10Bs and do the same. Or they buy the assembly line of F16 (USA can sell the assembly line)
The "middle man" actually guaranteed Pakistan that Russian would fulfill their promise. Else we still would be looking for an engine or waiting for WS-13 to come online.

J10B is good plane, If Pakistan can reverse engineer it, They can make and sell it.
Why would you need to reverse engneer a plane which you potentially can have with local production??????

If pakistan improves its economy and image,it can do whatever it want to.

As of now,if pakistan tries to reverse engineer ,it MAY give rise to a fuss in the west.

There is no harm in trying to study the old jets that will otherwise be displayed in museums. However, the question is whether Pakistan can conduct such study and whether there's sufficient talent and willingness to develop the aviation industry.

I cringed at the title of the post and the lack of understanding of my fellow member
why did he forget that Pakistan is building K-8 , Mashak and JF-17 already?
why does it have to reverse engineer something old? even if its old there are copyright issues and adverse implications from the original suppliers.
If the PAF and Kamra operates with this mentality then it can kiss goodbye to any foreign high-tech procurements.

should be closing this nonsense topic before things get more stupid

If pakistan improves its economy and image,it can do whatever it want to.

As of now,if pakistan tries to reverse engineer ,it MAY give rise to a fuss in the west.

MAY?

it will cause a storm. :hitwall:

There is no harm in trying to study the old jets that will otherwise be displayed in museums. However, the question is whether Pakistan can conduct such study and whether there's sufficient talent and willingness to develop the aviation industry.

Are you talking from experience? I heard that Mig21 aka flying coffin has been reverse engineered to make Teja by Indians but engineers were not very successful

Mastan Bhai

I wish the Pakistanis have the capacity to read and understand what you are saying

Amen

Sir,

Tradey of pakistan is not the politicians of pakistan----tragedy of pakistan is the young men that it has raised---men totally clueless to the realities of the world---so engrossed in their own beliefs and arrogance.

India does not need to reverse engineer anything---it does not need to transfer technology if it does not want to----when there are hoards of sellers standing in line to offer their wears---every manufacturer begging to give its design and secrets of production---opening up production lines.

Giving them real design and manufacturing facilties---who would be the id-iot to reverse engineer anything under those circumstance----.

Please---pakistanis---I beg you---don't make a fool of yourself in front of the world all the time---.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom