What's new

Should Waqar Younis remain the coach of Pakistan team?

Humble Pakistani

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was just watching the interview of former Test player Arshad Khan on Geo Score. Arshad Khan happens to reside in Australia. He told the interviewer, Syed Yahya Hussaini, that he was regularly meeting some of the players during their stay in Australia. While he did not mention any names, he did say that the players were regularly complaining about Waqar’s behavior. Waqar allegedly had an issue with the players listening to their Mp3 players, and he would over train them to the point where the players would be left with no energy to perform during the match. Arshad also revealed that Waqar remained distant and the players allegedly felt that he was unapproachable.

Obviously, we are only hearing one side of the story and that too from a third source. But I remember hearing similar reports during the world cup through various media outlets. And usually there is no smoke without fire. My concern is if the coach fails to establish an understanding with the players, and furthermore, fails to bring the best out of them through proper communication – then should he still remain the coach? I personally feel that these reports have created enough doubts, and we need a fresh start with a new coach.

What do you guys think?

Need continuity. You can't go sacking coaches every few months. Going round in circles.

Hi,

It is coming from someone high up in pakistan. Waqar Younis gook a large amount to select an under performing team.

One player is a son of a bookie who bets against pakistan Umar Akmal. Him and Shazad sold themselves. Then there is a third person on the list. You wont like his name. So i will leave it At that. He was not the captain or vice captain.

But Waqar Younis broke the bank.

Honestly, we need to change our approach towards the way we play ODI. Now thats anybody's guess what we need to do to achieve that.

Hi,

It is coming from someone high up in pakistan. Waqar Younis gook a large amount to select an under performing team.

One player is a son of a bookie who bets against pakistan Umar Akmal. Him and Shazad sold themselves. Then there is a third person on the list. You wont like his name. So i will leave it At that. He was not the captain or vice captain.

But Waqar Younis broke the bank.

Must be Shahid Afridi or Younis Khan

The entire management needs to be sacked for good. Waqar wants 'yes sir' -type players and capable players are not always 'yes Sir'. His bloated ego has destroyed the team and if he continues, together with 35 punctured -fame Sethi, will destroy cricket in Pakistan too.

I was just watching the interview of former Test player Arshad Khan on Geo Score. Arshad Khan happens to reside in Australia. He told the interviewer, Syed Yahya Hussaini, that he was regularly meeting some of the players during their stay in Australia. While he did not mention any names, he did say that the players were regularly complaining about Waqar’s behavior. Waqar allegedly had an issue with the players listening to their Mp3 players, and he would over train them to the point where the players would be left with no energy to perform during the match. Arshad also revealed that Waqar remained distant and the players allegedly felt that he was unapproachable.

Obviously, we are only hearing one side of the story and that too from a third source. But I remember hearing similar reports during the world cup through various media outlets. And usually there is no smoke without fire. My concern is if the coach fails to establish an understanding with the players, and furthermore, fails to bring the best out of them through proper communication – then should he still remain the coach? I personally feel that these reports have created enough doubts, and we need a fresh start with a new coach.

What do you guys think?
F--- No. The sitay baaz gotta go.

F--- No. The sitay baaz gotta go.

No more entertaining medicore primadonnas Hafeez, Umar Akmal, Shehzad.

Waqar turned a 2nd string bowling attack into one of the best in the tournament.

He needs to select players that will listen to him and his coaches.

What do you guys think?

Yes he should be replace b/c his ego hurts Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom